List Mgmt. Contracts. Trades. Draft. 2021 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow link below for contract status of all current players

Agreed, he looks like an absolute steal. Vic Country KPPs got the cold shoulder at the draft and Fremantle appear to have benefited in this instance.

Finished 2019 as the highest-ranked bottom-aged key forward in the NAB League, with a body at 193cm & 92kg that is ready to go from day one.

Seems to be a natural leader as well - tough as they come (some of those highlights give T.Wilson bowling ball through pack vibes), always vocal, never hesitates and averaged just under 3 tackles per game as an under-aged key forward. Became a coach to his local team at Echuca after getting injured and was named co-captain for Bendigo in 2020 before the season was cancelled.

Trained with Essendon during the 2020 preseason pre-covid, so it is somewhat interesting they didn't pick him up considering they were going for KPP.

Biggest knock on him appeared to be in regard to speed and agility, but after training by himself during 2020 with a focus on running, he was able to knock out a 2.97 second 20m sprint at the combine, which I expected to have caught far more attention than it did. (For comparison, J.Ugle-Hagan did 20m in 2.897 seconds - J.Brander 3.11, J.Petruccelle 2.87).

To be honest, he looks and reads like a top 10 draft prospect in any other year, yet was somehow forgotten almost entirely in 2020.

Will become a cult hero for the Dockers. Reckon there is a good chance he may debut in Round 1 as well.
They’re building a good squad

Come on gaiz, can't we all just get along?

Let's just be happy for Alec. I'd rather he gets picked up by Bombers and reignites his AFL career which he was robbed of, rather than staying at Claremont.
The Eagles were never interested after his delist, so happy to back the club on this one.

Foolish move from the SAFL, he'll be off to Tasmania the minute they get a league... oh wait

May not need to wait as long as some people think. ;) ;)

"The wheels appeared to be in motion for Tassie to receive an AFL license at the start of 2020, with a push for the side to enter the competition by 2025 – then COVID-19 hit and other priorities hit the desk of league CEO Gillon McLachlan. "...

Gutwein said his government won’t even look at extending those deals until they have more information on the 19th license.

“We will not finalise the arrangements for the next contract with Hawthorn or North Melbourne until we have clarity from the AFL in terms of our own licence,” Gutwein told reporters on Tuesday.

“That clarity doesn’t exist at the moment.

“I’ve made it perfectly clear to Mr (Gillon) McLachlan we cannot and will not finalise those arrangements until we have that clarity.

“Tasmania is part of the federation and you cannot have a truly national Australian Football League if one of the states does not have a team in it.

“I’ve made that perfectly clear to the AFL.”

Well looks like the Tassie cash cow to help prop up struggling Vic clubs days are numbered.

Give us our own license or GTFO.

If Alec goes to another club while we have several players on the list that really shouldn’t be I’ll be spitting chips.
What about if he's shite ? I'm sure the eagles had a good hard look at him and his positives weren't enough to balance out the negatives

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

What about if he's sh*te ? I'm sure the eagles had a good hard look at him and his positives weren't enough to balance out the negatives

Have you seen him play? Worth a go in my opinion. Strong overhead for his size, knows where to go to get a possession (a natural footballer), great kick (probably converts 80% shots on goal and has a 60m range) and his size makes him very hard to shift off the ball.
With serious doubt about a number of our forwards.......Rioli, Petro, Cameron etc.. it would be worth giving him a go on our list as a fwd with the opportunity to give him a bit of time in the middle. You would think he would be a far better prospect than the kid from Subi who we have running around at training.

What about if he's sh*te ? I'm sure the eagles had a good hard look at him and his positives weren't enough to balance out the negatives

Think he’s earned the chance to prove it either way with us and not some s**t stain club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One player to keep an eye on is Eli Smith at the Lions. 3rd year mid but has had some niggles. Reported he is impressing this preseason, BBIM but has slimmed down and looking at the wing. Would be very happy to somehow snag him with a late pick in a trade. Just the type of mid we need for depth. Cockatoo seems to be travelling ok. Robertson cant break in. Tough side for fringe players to break into the Lions.

Garcia at the Dogs has impressed them but unfortuanetly needed minor cleanup on the knee he did an acl. Dogs fans saying if he can get fit he's in the side.

We went ok this trade period to back fill and add depth but feel we need to still add more. Players 25 to 30 on the list to really be putting pressure on the rest.

Last edited:
One player to keep an eye on is Eli Smith at the Lions. 3rd year mid but has had some niggles. Reported he is impressing this preseason, BBIM but has slimmed down and looking at the wing. Would be very happy to somehow snag him with a late pick in a trade. Just the type of mid we need for depth. Cockatoo seems to be travelling ok. Robertson cant break in. Tough side for fringe players to break into the Lions.

Garcia at the Dogs has impressed them but unfortuanetly needed minor cleanup on the knee he did an acl. Dogs fans saying if he can get fit he's in the side.

We went ok this trade period to back fill and add depth but feel we need to still add more. Players 25 to 30 on the list to really be putting pressure on the rest.
Both of them are promising, obviously Garcia being a west Aussie is pretty interesting. The bulldogs midfield is pretty stacked now too

I'd love to get Garcia, love the way he plays.

Just hope he can rehab the knee.

What players have had injuries like this pre draft and been able to build a good career?

Trying to think of some :think:
Joel Selwood is the main one. Ryan Burton and Jake Lever also had ligament damage in the knee pre draft.

Id be happy for Alec to be successful at any club tbf and he deserves it. I’m not overly sure if he could get away at AFL level playing that snall forward role.

Id be happy for Alec to be successful at any club tbf and he deserves it. I’m not overly sure if he could get away at AFL level playing that snall forward role.

He's not a small forward. He's more like a Ziebell, N Jones, Boak, Petracca or Powel-Pepper mid size half forward who can mix it with the bigger bodies.

He's not a small forward. He's more like a Ziebell, N Jones, Boak, Petracca or Powel-Pepper mid size half forward who can mix it with the bigger bodies.
This is correct........he offers something completely different than the other forwards we have on our list.

This is correct........he offers something completely different than the other forwards we have on our list.

Bit of an early call but young Luke Edwards from reports likes to crack into packs with head over the ball, 186cm I recall.

But apart from that we have tall and small with our medium forwards like Ryan who is super skilled and Cripps who is a running player not a contested in and under forward. O'Neil? More mid than forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back