Traded 15. Nathan Kreuger (2019- 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving him to defence is the end of him. Already have too many tall defenders.

No we dont. Hendo will probably retire in 12 months, blitz is nearly 30 and valuable in other roles anyway and kolo often plays on smalls and is a free agent this year. I would argue that unless kreuger or sdk really come on to replace hendo this year we are very light on for tall backs long term. He is way more chance of playing as a defender than a forward.

and evidence of it being wrong is what exactly? A feeling? A hunch?

Why do I bother.....

You said..."Narkle Was in red hot form in the vfl at the end of last season"

No he wasn't...

There was no vfl at the end of last season, so the statement is wrong, incorrect, erroneous, inaccurate...all words that are synonymous with one another.

Take your pick.....

As this is the Nathan Kreuger thread any further discussion about Narkle should be posted in the Narkle thread.

www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/quinton-narkle.1198952/[/URL]

My apologies...Many thanks.

Last edited:
No we dont. Hendo will probably retire in 12 months, blitz is nearly 30 and valuable in other roles anyway and kolo often plays on smalls and is a free agent this year. I would argue that unless kreuger or sdk really come on to replace hendo this year we are very light on for tall backs long term. He is way more chance of playing as a defender than a forward.
Okunbor

No objection to "the Terminator" being listed here as a defender option, but IMO he's got a LONG way to go still. Freddy much further along.

That said, both Blitz and Shark were well back and made it work so its not impossible - and for the record id luv to see Okanbor make it.

GO Catters

No objection to "the Terminator" being listed here as a defender option, but IMO he's got a LONG way to go still. Freddy much further along.

That said, both Blitz and Shark were well back and made it work so its not impossible - and for the record id luv to see Okanbor make it.

GO Catters
Definitely a long way to go, saw a clip of a knock-up match last year, and he's got no idea in shoulder-to-shoulder contests, but he's good from in front or behind. A lot like Ratugolea in those respects.

Definitely a long way to go, saw a clip of a knock-up match last year, and he's got no idea in shoulder-to-shoulder contests, but he's good from in front or behind. A lot like Ratugolea in those respects.
and he hits like a maniac. Hes one that you want in the same jumper as you.... hes so dense - and no not mentally.

GO Catters

and he hits like a maniac. Hes one that you want in the same jumper as you.... hes so dense - and no not mentally.

GO Catters

He doesn't get talked up much. Whenever I hear Scott talking about him it is generally a passing comment.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

when someone advocates NK come into the senior team up forward. Virtual slap inbound.
Stop it. He is a defender, playing in defence FFS.

Actually I disagree and think that he is a forward. But he will not get a game there with our current tall forwards, so they are developing him as a defender. He is capable of playing both ends of the ground when needed, he is not unlike Harry Taylor in that respect.

Actually I disagree and think that he is a forward. But he will not get a game there with our current tall forwards, so they are developing him as a defender. He is capable of playing both ends of the ground when needed, he is not unlike Harry Taylor in that respect.
He does get lost a bit in the backline he is a forward but club will never play him forward so he is finished at our club now

If NK gets the Billie Smedts style out of position career kill ill be very very pissed.

GO Catters

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

when someone advocates NK come into the senior team up forward. Virtual slap inbound.
Stop it. He is a defender, playing in defence FFS.

Kreuger is a natural forward. They played him in defence in the VFL for a bit because we were carrying too many spud rucks on the list (Smith, Abbott, Fort) and they had to hide them in the forward line instead. All Kreuger's good form in the VFL that had people excited about him as a prospect was as a forward. They have now switched him back again because with the acquisition of Cameron, the retention of Sav and Scott's penchant for playing Dangerfield/Rohan as the second marking target anyway it didn't look like he had much chance of getting a game as a forward.

To me your public service announcement is folly. You are saying that Kreuger can't play forward because he has spent a few weeks training as a defender over pre season but with all the above players out we wind up with Jack Henry playing forward who hasn't done that for 3 bloody years!!!

Unfortunately at this point it looks like Kreuger won't get a chance to play AFL at Geelong. Hopefully the Crows pick him up and give him an opportunity to play forward and NK becomes the new Hamling albeit up forward rather than down back.

Last edited:
Based on pure stats maybe. If you watched him play VFL as a forward he had a strong attack on the ball and a good set shot. If the argument for playing Zuthrie is that he is replacing Henry as a defender so Henry can play forward then I would much rather see Kreuger get a shot up forward while we are missing two thirds of our forward line. We already know Zuthrie is not up to it, let's see what we have with Kreuger before it is too late.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do people do this when someone disagrees with them? Assume you haven’t watched them. I have and left neither impressed or unimpressed.

Shaping as a delist candidate if he doesn’t find a way to crack into the team and as a forward it won’t be

He kicked 5 or 6 goals before 1/2 time in a VFL game and they moved him to the backline in the 2nd half. The kid can play forward or defense. But he will not get a shot as Geelong seem keen not to play him. But they will play underperformers like Dahlhaus every week.

Last edited by a moderator:
He kicked 5 or 6 goals before 1/2 time in a VFL game and they moved him to the backline in the 2nd half. The kid can play forward or defense. But he will not get a shot as Geelong seem keen not to play him. But they will play underperformers like Dahlhaus every week.
Against Coburg. They're almost local footy standard.
Did sweet stuff all for the rest of the year.

Not up to it

Do what, you mean deliver a virtual slap to anyone who disagrees, yeah I don't get that either.
Plain idiocy deserves blunt responses.
No issues if guys think he makes it, I hope he does.

Just fed up with the weekly uninformed views we should bring him in up forward.Not even playing as a forward.

Plain idiocy deserves blunt responses.
No issues if guys think he makes it, I hope he does.

Just fed up with the weekly uninformed views we should bring him in up forward.Not even playing as a forward.

Which doesn't mean he can't play there, spent most of his time at the cattery as a forward from memory. Henry has played almost his entire career in defence and now he's apparently the answer up forward, don't see it as such a stretch to try someone who's played predominantly as a forward in that position.

I certainly don't see the suggestion he be tried there as idiotic either.

Which doesn't mean he can't play there, spent most of his time at the cattery as a forward from memory. Henry has played almost his entire career in defence and now he's apparently the answer up forward, don't see it as such a stretch to try someone who's played predominantly as a forward in that position.

I certainly don't see the suggestion he be tried there as idiotic either.
Tried again in the reserves. Sure. Fair enough.

Thrust into the AFL team having not played forward for ages or put up weeks of solid games. A bit idiotic. Far better off with Henry, and we ain’t that well off with Henry.

Needs to get on the right side of the knee issue and get back out there in the VFL.

Can play.. needs the rig right and some vfl games uner his belt consistently and then can look at moving forward.

GO Catters

Needs to get on the right side of the knee issue and get back out there in the VFL.

Can play.. needs the rig right and some vfl games uner his belt consistently and then can look at moving forward.

GO Catters

I have not been too enthused about him as a backman but he showed a bit in the recent VFL game. He , a bit like Copper S... just needs to stay fit to give himself his best chance. He has enough talent ( although id have liked him to learn to use his right side a bit more)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back