The Law Whose land are you occupying?

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha yep, i don't buy into the whole it's their land crap

its not crap, but the reality its not their land any more. right or wrong, white dudes took it and noone is giving it back

its not crap, but the reality its not their land any more. right or wrong, white dudes took it and noone is giving it back
Nope happens every where, you don't see this s**t in America with independence day, the maoris don't seem too pissed

Haha yep, i don't buy into the whole it's their land crap
Where do you live? I'll come along, forcibly remove you and if you're family doesn't die as a result we'll treat you as a third class citizen for the rest of you're life. That might encourage little empathy

Nope happens every where, you don't see this sh*t in America with independence day, the maoris don't seem too pissed
Yes you do and there are major differences.
There are parts of the US that are controlled and policed by Native Americans, in addition other Countries have Treaties

We see this "s**t" because Australia has none of those things and Indigenous Australians are totally disenfranchised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope happens every where, you don't see this sh*t in America with independence day, the maoris don't seem too pissed

thats because you are confusing dates.

July 4 is tied to the date of the american colonies declaring their independence. its more akin to our January 1.

what our january 26 is like is December 18, the date the mayflower landed. this is not a public holiday, even in Massachusetts.

Columbus Day is a public holiday in some states, but its being wound back. Firstly Columbus never stepped foot on US territory, so relevance is questionable. Secondly, the holiday was mostly popular with the italian immigrants, and their sway to maintain the status of the day is falling. even in the USA, Columbus is a pretty questionable figure (unlike cook (who wasnt perfect, but a decent enough person) Columbus was a grub, a shitty explorer, and treated the people of the new world like complete s**t)

Just use Google mate. Your knowledge will be transformed. Your contributions here will gain value.

Protest organizers dubbed the event “Indigenous Peoples Day of Rage”, in response to Monday’s federal holiday named after 15th-century Italian explorer Christopher Columbus, a polarizing figure who Native American advocates say spurred centuries of genocide against indigenous populations.

thats because you are confusing dates.

July 4 is tied to the date of the american colonies declaring their independence. its more akin to our January 1.

what our january 26 is like is December 18, the date the mayflower landed. this is not a public holiday, even in Massachusetts.

Columbus Day is a public holiday in some states, but its being wound back. Firstly Columbus never stepped foot on US territory, so relevance is questionable. Secondly, the holiday was mostly popular with the italian immigrants, and their sway to maintain the status of the day is falling. even in the USA, Columbus is a pretty questionable figure (unlike cook (who wasnt perfect, but a decent enough person) Columbus was a grub, a shitty explorer, and treated the people of the new world like complete sh*t)
The lack of of understanding around this issue is deliberate

The poster 11kgm is typically ignorant of anything that he has not already been brainwashed with, he is just another Ocker Aussie (Oi Oi Oi)

In NZ they made an agreement, the Treaty of Waitangi, so celebrate that day. Not the first landings or colonisation.

The US don't care. The native indian population is just overwhelmed by the mass of religious white gun toting good 'ol boys.

How do you feel about commemorating a hiding on the other side of the world by a bunch of Turks in a stupid colonial war that didn't even threaten us.

We were part of the British empire & still British subjects then, so the mentality was different than now. Certainly wasn't a 'Colonial' stoush anyway.

That apart we commemorate their efforts, as politically ignorant as they were. Like Vietnam. It wasn't the diggers fault. They did what they were told was their duty.

So blame the politicians. I do.

I think it’s a crock. Australia Day and Anzac Day both mean zero to me.

Australia day should be a celebration of the nation as it is, not as it was, IMO. Its the Conservative who pine for the good 'ol white days.

Warts & all its still one of the better places on the planet to live. Immigration has made the country in the multi cultural sense.

We do need a better recognition of the first Immigrants of 50k years ago. Also a treaty as per NZ.

Change the date if you want, although most people will be unhappy.

The whole "you're living on stolen land" thing is the dumbest idea ever and only serves to drive a massive stake between Indigenous and white Australians. If you want good relations then stop telling white people to be ashamed and that their house and land is not their own but actually will always be owned by someone else. This rhetoric only serves to build hate and divide but idiot SJW's keep spreading it to make themselves feel better despite the damage it does.

Last edited:
Couldn't care less about Australia day and never have but when 'Invasion Day' leaders start coming out demanding money then you know their priority isn't reconciliation.

Change the date for all I care, I've always thought of it as bogan pride day anyway but keep the empty rhetoric about 'reparations' out of it. The last thing they need is even more money because that hasn't exactly worked out well in the past...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back