AFLW AFLW 2021 - Suns Sisters Sophomore Slog

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Welcome to vic park.

It's not the first time our club has played at Victoria Park but it's definitely been a while. Here's an image from the last time our two clubs played each other at Vic Park in 2010. Interestingly, Josh Fraser lined up against our VFL side that day and was weeks away from joining us for our inaugural AFL season. Joel Tippett is attempting to defend in this picture but if a guy like Fraser can get that much space/separation on you when he's leading then you're probably a long way off making it at the AFL level...

zqR03JR.jpg

It's not the first time our club has played at Victoria Park but it's definitely been a while. Here's an image from the last time our two clubs played each other at Vic Park in 2010. Interestingly, Josh Fraser lined up against our VFL side that day and was weeks away from joining us for our inaugural AFL season. Joel Tippett is attempting to defend in this picture but if a guy like Fraser can get that much space/separation on you when he's leading then you're probably a long way off making it at the AFL level...

zqR03JR.jpg
Fraser was never the same after he did his knee unfortunately.

I am walking distance from vic park, so I love game being played there.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
AFLW vic members? If you're referring to a member of the mens program, then no I wouldn't think so.
Nah I am a fully paid up AFLW member and I also live in Melbourne so I'd reckon hopefully they'd let me in.

The thing I am worried about is the cap on attendance and with Collingwood having a big supporter base. I need to know what the go is ASAP so I can book tickets if I have no entry.

Nah I am a fully paid up AFLW member and I also live in Melbourne so I'd reckon hopefully they'd let me in.

The thing I am worried about is the cap on attendance and with Collingwood having a big supporter base. I need to know what the go is ASAP so I can book tickets if I have no entry.

Believe it’s 50% cap but hard to know how they will work that. Given there is only seats on one half of the ground. But would be 10k so maybe 5k allowed?

As for if your aflw membership includes tickets. It might. Ask the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Believe it’s 50% cap but hard to know how they will work that. Given there is only seats on one half of the ground. But would be 10k so maybe 5k allowed?

As for if your aflw membership includes tickets. It might. Ask the club

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have, just awaiting an email! I'll keep you all updated.

Dec 5, 2015
Bueng Kan,Thailand
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just found this on AFL website.....If anyone is going to Saturday's game at Metricon, get your tickets now....

The 2021 NAB AFLW season – the fifth overall – will be entirely ticketed for the first time, with adult tickets costing $10 and children under 18 free.

Tickets are unable to be purchased at the gate, with fans needing to buy ahead of time.

Just found this on AFL website.....If anyone is going to Saturday's game at Metricon, get your tickets now....

The 2021 NAB AFLW season – the fifth overall – will be entirely ticketed for the first time, with adult tickets costing $10 and children under 18 free.

Tickets are unable to be purchased at the gate, with fans needing to buy ahead of time.

Thats not new? Figure everyone knew tickets had to be bought online.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not 100% confident but based on this video it does look like Andrew Swallow is still involved with girls team.

Let's see how Melbourne will handle humidity and heat on Saturday. 2:10pm start is crazy. I feel for girls.

I didn't......but then again I'm not local.....just trying to help.
Yeah I guess if you hadn't come across the info, you wouldn't know. I know some have wondered if you could buy at gate; but guess its part of the covid safe plan.
Sorry, hope I didn't comr across bitchy lol wasn't my intention

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Not 100% confident but based on this video it does look like Andrew Swallow is still involved with girls team.

Let's see how Melbourne will handle humidity and heat on Saturday. 2:10pm start is crazy. I feel for girls.

Rain predicted. 27 degrees with 64% humidity.

Could be a really ugly game for both teams.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Looking for a guest for the next show. Someone with a bit of AFLW knowledge to bounce off. PM me if your keen for a chat.

Back