News Collingwood News & Media

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
It’s fiction.

Well it’s strongly opinion based and written by someone I doubt has any greater inside knowledge than we ourselves hold.

Well it’s strongly opinion based and written by someone I doubt has any greater inside knowledge than we ourselves hold.
Each fictional point is responded to as fact. Like I said, utter trash.
We have far more insightful posters here.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
I already replied.

Yes Jmac great argument, you've convinced everyone that the whole article is trash - well done.

Mind you, you haven't explained why you think it's trash. Just blunt reactive 'it's trash' with no substance. I'm interested to know why you think it is.

If you don't want to fair enough, I'll take that as you don't have an argument and are just being reactive because it is not positive.

Yes Jmac great argument, you've convinced everyone that the whole article is trash - well done.

Mind you, you haven't explained why you think it's trash. Just blunt reactive 'it's trash' with no substance. I'm interested to know why you think it is.

If you don't want to fair enough, I'll take that as you don't have an argument and are just being reactive because it is not positive.
It’s trash because each point has been made up by the author. It’s nothing more than a rant. That website is not media.

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
It’s trash because each point has been made up by the author. It’s nothing more than a rant. That website is not media.

That's better, I agree it is opinion based, by a pi55ed off Collingwood supporter. Some of it is rather sensationalised I agree but there are some very good points in there and explains the reason for the scribes frustration and the Pie fan base more broadly.

If you wish to ignore that purely because you don't like it because there maybe some hard unpalatable truths then that is no better than

1611630563757.png

That's better, I agree it is opinion based, by a pi55ed off Collingwood supporter. Some of it is rather sensationalised I agree but there are some very good points in there and explains the reason for the scribes frustration and the Pie fan base more broadly.

If you wish to ignore that purely because you don't like it because there maybe some hard unpalatable truths then that is no better than

View attachment 1046138
I have no problem with someone voicing their opinion. Like I said, we have better and more informed scribes here.
The Roar is not media, it’s just another blog site.

I have no problem with someone voicing their opinion. Like I said, we have better and more informed scribes here.
The Roar is not media, it’s just another blog site.
I actually agree with you. Just another opinion by an opinionated supporter on a blog site.

Sea fog

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 24, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the writer is a pretty good one and I follow his rant, he's been following the club for years. Only thing I object to is he is a bit pessimistic and struggles to see any good in the club. The Moore forward is a tired argument and according to the trainin reports, he will be staying back.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I think the writer is a pretty good one and I follow his rant, he's been following the club for years. Only thing I object to is he is a bit pessimistic and struggles to see any good in the club. The Moore forward is a tired argument and according to the trainin reports, he will be staying back.

Being a good writer and someone who has followed the club for years doesn't make him any more knowledgeable than you or I. Could just as easily be any one of a number of posters who post here regularly. Certainly doesn't validate or confirm anything that has occurred this off-season.

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
So, someone voicing their opinion gets someone else's opinion as a response but the responder's opinion is howled down because it's just an opinion....In my opinion this is all pretty senseless stuff.
On the other hand...clean surf down the coast this morning!

Footy Focus Podcast

Actually support NMFC
Jun 8, 2020
South East Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Hey Pies fans. I hope it's ok I post in here.

In our latest podcast my mate and I do, we continue our 2020 club reviews, discussing Collingwood this time.

From the 2.55min mark, we talk about the year the Pies had.
Give it a listen if you have a spare 20mins & wanting to consume some external opinions on your club while you patiently wait for 2021 to kick-off.

Google Podcasts - Footy Focus Podcast - Ep 33 2020

Footy Focus Podcast Ep 33 – 2021 – Club Reviews – Collingwood & Essendon

Recorded on the 28th January 2021

- What worked, what failed, who deserves a pay rise & who needs a big 2021
- Plus, key list changes, our best 22, grade for 2020 & 2021 projection

Collingwood @ 2.55
- Upset of season vs Eagle in WA final, but Cats show how far they were off flag contention
- Adams holds up midfield and dominates key stats
- Back 6 held up while forward line, conversion of inside 50s & injury list a worry
- Grundy suffers biggest form dip in the comp apart from J. Cameron
- Maynard has a breakout year & Crisp more than just steak knives
- De Goey needs to produce for Pies to win & Sier to eye off an inside mid role
- Can Pies still play finals in 2021 after losing a ton of experience?

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
A lot of Pies went to the Melbourne Victory game against Western United yesterday wearing the new team's colours. A few of them pose here.
View attachment 1048826

Now I’m no Western United supporter but as someone who is as passionate about the A-League as I am about AFL, this is a pretty heartening reminder that despite all the code wars rubbish it doesn’t actually have to be a choice between one or the other when it comes to following football codes.

Who is going to tell them that the Western United skipper has adopted Carlton as his footy team though (going by some of his Twitter content)?

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Secret report uncovers Collingwood’s ‘systemic racism’ (Herald Sun paywalled)

A secret report has found there is “systemic racism within the Collingwood Football Club that must be addressed if things are to change”.

The damning 35-page independent report — kept under wraps since being tabled with the Magpies board in December, just days after president Eddie McGuire announced his shock decision to vacate the job at the end of this season — says the club’s response to repeated incidents of racism “has been at best ineffective, or at worst exacerbated the impact”.

“There is a gap between what Collingwood Football Club says it stands for and what it does,” the report, obtained by the Herald Sun, says.

“While claims of racism have been made across the AFL, there is something distinct and egregious about Collingwood’s history.”

In a veiled swipe at the club’s governance, the report adds: “There is a culture of individuals, if not quite being bigger than the club, then at least having an unhealthy degree of influence over club culture.”
The report found there was a perception that lead some to conclude “Collingwood has become synonymous with off-field and on-field racism in Australian sport”.

Going by this article, the report seems to be a non-specific scattergun condemnation and as much as I detest Collingwood, that last sentence seems particularly unfair.

Strap yourselves in for the shitfight.

Back