What are you listening to right now? Pt VI

Remove this Banner Ad

This performance by Lanie was the subject of a Reddit sub drama a while back. Auto-tune and reverb and the rest. But you know what no account music blowhards can be like. The girl has some sass about her.
Well LV, I don't for a moment go for any of that crap and her response at the end of the video shows she thinks she has nailed it.
Van Morrison wrote a song about this sort of thing.

What's amazing is that this video and an associated video by Nathan Apodaca inspired new Fleetwood Mac fans and their song was propelled back into the charts in 2020 (we were all watching Youtube).

Nathan Apodaca is the first person shown on a skateboard drinking cranberry juice near the start of this video, as does Lanie Gardner at the start of her video.
However, the most AMAZING thing is how the album Rumors was completed.

How did their original album get made?
Music professionalism is all you can say.
If you think that mental strength is a sports thing ....... new thinking needed!
Everything is portrayed in this album. music, pain, love, rejection, sadness, loneliness, whatever happens in your life when it's imploding.
And the song was written in Sly Stone's bed!!!!!!!
Make sure you watch the video. it can only be described as amazing and the only way you will appreciate what was going on during the recording of this album.

Last edited:

Don't know if this has been posted before. Doesn't matter. Worth hearing again. Best version.

And stuff ya. Angie having a go at Sam Smith. Bit slow to get cranking, but once the girl gets the amp warmed up, she is unstoppable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going through a big The Ocean phase at the moment, and I love working from their ultra-proggy newer stuff, through their experimental post-metal phase and into them virtually being a hardcore band with a strong hardcore influence. Almost sounds like Converge in parts

Something For Kate - The Official Fiction

Whilst not as great as their magnum opus Echolalia, it's actually a lot better than I remember

De Ja Vu remains one of their greatest songs

It's hard to believe that all this sound comes from some young kid playing an acoustic guitar. I'm an instant fan.

Last edited:
Etta was posted awhile back.

This mob do a nice array of covers of the classics. I think they do 'em in their sleep. Accomplished musicians. The bloke behind the vocalist seems a cocky little prick though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back