james Dean

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2006
Otherside of the Tracks
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
PHX, NUFC, Pats
This season was difficult to watch. A horrible offense, an injury plagued defence.

I kind of hope Josh MCD is poached for one of the vacant head coach roles, I don’t think he’s the right choice to follow BB.

Cam’s effort and attitude was great but his arm is cooked, he can’t throw anymore. Stidham is not good enough either.

Do we target a Stafford or Ryan? Or hit the draft for a new QB?

This season was difficult to watch. A horrible offense, an injury plagued defence.

I kind of hope Josh MCD is poached for one of the vacant head coach roles, I don’t think he’s the right choice to follow BB.

Cam’s effort and attitude was great but his arm is cooked, he can’t throw anymore. Stidham is not good enough either.

Do we target a Stafford or Ryan? Or hit the draft for a new QB?

Wouldn't touch Ryan with a 10 foot pole being an outdoor team.

Sep 9, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NE Patriots
Caserio gone, and his assistant (Dave Ziegler) is being interviewed for other vacant GM roles.

More responsibility coming for this guy

ErBHsDmXEAA1Bbi

Caserio’s departure, while expected, is a big loss.

In many ways he has been B.B. right hand man as far as the Patriots defacto GM role is concerned for over a decade.

Hand Job Bob is going to need to think long and hard about just how he mans up the front office going forward.

Does he instill a genuine GM or does he continue to allow B.B. to wear two hats.

Let’s be honest B.B. would not be the easiest of people to work for and he is a control freak.
Caserio was able to work for a very long time under this arrangement, but I would think it’s a minority of folk that could work that way.

With the Patriots slide down the pecking order the Patriots will no longer be a destination club.
The fact that historically many quality players were able to be acquired via free agency, seeking glory , has in many ways camouflaged B.B. shithouse early rounds drafting record.
Bill is good at drafting excellent value in the 4-7 rounds, but he is s**t at drafting first and early second rounders.

So interesting time for Hand Job Bob as he manages the next transitional phase for the team.

Fair to say we will be irrelevant as a contender, for some time in the immediate future, as the rebuild is implemented.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Patriots hired Matt Patricia to assist the coaching staff in a variety of roles.
Patricia will reportedly reunite with the Patriots as an advisor to Bill Belichick and the team's coaching staff after the former's failed stint as Detroit's head coach. His role, albeit a work in progress at this time, will likely be similar to Mike Lombardi's while in New England, lending help with both projects and personnel. Patricia previously spent 14 years serving on the Patriots' staff including six as the team's defensive coordinator.
SOURCE: Jim McBride on Twitter
Jan 22, 2021, 4:45 PM ET

I take it that we will all be rooting for Tom in the SB?

Yep good on him and Gronk.

Saying that the media have been woeful about Bill in regards to this, Like Tom performed a miracle, he chose a team that was ready to take the next step with the tools already in place for Tom to use. I'm not surprised they are in the SB, figured they would go deep.

They had a dream team, but they still finished 5th seed and were no sure thing to make SB. Beat Saints and Packers on the road, 1 and 2 seeds. Still an achievement of his playoff reputation.

I'm not sure how much better the Pats would have done if Brady stayed, I'd argue probably not much better.

Brady chose a good side which was capable of taking him to another SB. Really shouldn't have a negative effect on the Pats.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not sure how much better the Pats would have done if Brady stayed, I'd argue probably not much better.

Brady chose a good side which was capable of taking him to another SB. Really shouldn't have a negative effect on the Pats.
Pats were decimated from opt outs and existing dearth of weapons. Maybe broke 500 with Brady. You plonk Brady in a team with weapons and good D he will make playoffs and then some. He was fed up with state of Pats last year

DaRenegade

NRL > AFL
Dec 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
yeah, lots of rebuilding to occur and it'll take a while before we're competitive in the finals again. happy for Brady and Gronk and will be cheering for them next week vs the Chiefs

Does anyone really see BB wanting to be a part of a full rebuild?

I think we are going to go all out for a Stafford/Goff/Jimmy G and aim to get back to the playoffs next year
Stafford/Goff QB exchange it seems...although I assume Detroit would be open to offers on Goff (and his contract)? Not sure I would want Goff anyway as he seems to be a VERY low football IQ.

Stafford/Goff QB exchange it seems...although I assume Detroit would be open to offers on Goff (and his contract)? Not sure I would want Goff anyway as he seems to be a VERY low football IQ.

Pass on Goff...... thank you very much.

Rather keep Cam on the cheap that take on the Goff contract.

Dola

Draftee
Feb 2, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe all this winning was too much to ask of Boston-area teams.It was never about the streak, that was never part of our
preparation. The expectation for me is to come in and do what I feel is right for the organization and that is to be a great team player and I'm going to do everything I can to get up to speed with all the things that I need to do and what my responsibilities.

Maybe all this winning was too much to ask of Boston-area teams.It was never about the streak, that was never part of our
preparation. The expectation for me is to come in and do what I feel is right for the organization and that is to be a great team player and I'm going to do everything I can to get up to speed with all the things that I need to do and what my responsibilities.

Can someone explain this to me please?

Jan 31, 2012
patterson lakes
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics

Are you quoting someone?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Patriots CB Devin McCourty said Patriots players who opted out of the 2020 season will return in 2021.
New England had a league-high eight players opt out of the 2020 season, an option offered to players who did not want to play while the COVID-19 pandemic raged. "From my understanding they’ll all be back," McCourty told NBC Sports' Tom Curran on Friday. That would include standout linebacker Dont'a Hightower, tackle Marcus Cannon, safety Patrick Chung, tight end Matt LaCosse, running back Brandon Bolden, fullback Dan Vitale, receiver Marqise Lee, and guard Najee Toran. Unless the team upgrades at wideout in the coming months, Lee could instantly become the team's best receiver if he's active in 2021. There was some question as to whether Hightower would return next season; McCourty seems to think he will. Hightower's return would be a crucial addition for one of the league's most talent starved teams.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Mike Reiss on Twitter
Feb 5, 2021, 1:14 PM ET

Likewise happy for TB12 and Gronk.

Disappointing spectacle but alas you sometimes get that.

Chiefs shat the bed.

The Tommy Haters are not going to like the result and in particular the fact he won the MVP . 👍

lol right on cue one of the Panther Tommy Hater arrives to drop an 😡 into my posts response.

Magic : Exhibit A your honour. 😉

Brady pissed launching the Lombardi trophy to the boat is hilarious, as is him being helped up by security as he finally leaves, GOAT

The tweet was also great.

Back