FTA-TV The Wire

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm jealous you get to experience it all for the first time. I know you're only two episodes in, but have you got any favourite characters yet?

Don't be too jealous, I can't discuss or read anything on the internet about it until I finish the whole series, I've already come across a few little spoilers because I was too curious.

One episode left in season 1, maybe I can finish the whole series by the end of March.

Season 2 was ok but definitely not as interesting as 1 and the new characters were a bit meh.

I will take a break and begin season 3 in a weeks time.
That has seemed to be the consensus over the years, but weirdly for me season 2 is when the show hit its straps.

Season 2 was ok but definitely not as interesting as 1 and the new characters were a bit meh.

Same take I had. Started watching show, first season lived up to the hype and blew me away. Watched a few eps of second season but dropped it a few months ago and have never gotten around to watching it again.

Same take I had. Started watching show, first season lived up to the hype and blew me away. Watched a few eps of second season but dropped it a few months ago and have never gotten around to watching it again.
This.
I just wonder if time has dated it compared to when it was originally aired.

Season 3 is a lot more similar to season 1, back more on the streets so you'll probably like it more than s2.

People often find the second season a struggle on first watch through, just because it changes so much from season 1. However on re-watching, it becomes so many people's favourite season. Happened to me. It's so integral to the whole story arc.
This.

Season 2 is great for humorous scenes... it was the most light hearted season.
McNulty crashing his car twice trying to turn the corner haha
Bunk burning his clothes
Ziggy's duck in the bar
Ziggy getting put on top of the container stack
Heaps more I'm forgetting.

Also one of the best lines of the show... "did he have hands? did he have a face? yes? then it wasn't us.."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunk burning his clothes
Ziggy's duck in the bar

Also one of the best lines of the show... "did he have hands? did he have a face? yes? then it wasn't us.."

Lol forgot that was in Season 2 - an absolute classic scene :D

Bunk burning clothes was S1 I think. Still awesome hahaha.

Bunk burning his clothes
Ziggy's duck in the bar

"And I could use 3 more inches of meat" :tearsofjoy:

I have prob
4 episodes into season 3, Good! but it's sometimes hard to keep up with the new characters and story lines going on.

Have been reading episode recaps on Wiki to make sure I know exactly what is going on.

I have probably re watched the series 3/4 times and every time I pick up something new that I didn't previously. That's why it's such a great series. That and it's hard to understand the accent at times haha.

2 episodes left in season 3, the last 3 episodes have been quality.

McNulty is probably the character i'm most curious about in regards to how they finish up on the show, a genuine 50/50 character who i'm not sure if I should be barracking for or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back