Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have my reasons.
for the sake of discussion, if not zeebs - who would you think the club and players would want as captain?

and if you think they would be different who do you think the club would want vs the players?

for the sake of discussion, if not zeebs - who would you think the club and players would want as captain?

and if you think they would be different who do you think the club would want vs the players?

1) I cannot state who the players or club might want as captain. Personally, I would go with Jack for another year.
2) The club would probably want a transgender woman captaining the team and the players would definitely want a male AFL footballer.

1) I cannot state who the players or club might want as captain. Personally, I would go with Jack for another year.
2) The club would probably want a transgender woman captaining the team and the players would definitely want a male AFL footballer.
thanks for the discussion lmao.

thanks for the discussion lmao.

I dunno mate.

I don't think Jy's ready just yet, and he appears to be gettibg groomed for the gig.

I would probably support a change only to Tazz in the meantime.

We may as well just stay with JZ for now.

I dunno mate.

I don't think Jy's ready just yet, and he appears to be gettibg groomed for the gig.

I would probably support a change only to Tazz in the meantime.

We may as well just stay with JZ for now.
yeh i thought the same about Jy. Would love him to really hit that next step before we give him the spot.

Alternatively LMac could be an option if not Tazz. I guess this topic has been done to death but I just weirdly had this gut feel that Froggy could get it.

yeh i thought the same about Jy. Would love him to really hit that next step before we give him the spot.

Alternatively LMac could be an option if not Tazz. I guess this topic has been done to death but I just weirdly had this gut feel that Froggy could get it.

I don't think Luke has the temperament. He's too much of a prankster/shitstirrer.

I don't think Luke has the temperament. He's too much of a prankster/shitstirrer.

Luke as the next skipper sits better with me than Jy.

Jy may be our best player in the near future but feels more self-focused for mine. It could just be he's that little bit young to demonstrate his ability to oversee all his teammates big and small.

Luke or Trent have displayed this more IMO to date in their interviews.

Robbie would be a sound choice also but is older than Jack so doesn't make a huge amount of sense for a handover.

It's curious Todd has never been in the frame. Long-term elite player, meticulous and smart and extremely personable and articulate. Just mustn't be his thing.

Jy may be our best player in the near future but feels more self-focused for mine. It could just be he's that little bit young to demonstrate his ability to oversee all his teammates big and small.

Robbie would be a sound choice also but is older than Jack so doesn't make a huge amount of sense for a handover.

It's curious Todd has never been in the frame. Long-term elite player, meticulous and smart and extremely personable and articulate. Just mustn't be his thing.

I suspect that Todd's form lapse due to personal issues ruled him out at a time when he was in best position for the role.

There's not many experienced players that jump out as candidate.

Todd is rising 33.
Tazz is rising 32.
Cunners is deeds not words & too quiet.
Jed & Atley are introverted.

We have 10 players on the list with 100+ games experience, and if we go with youth again in 2021 trading-drafting, then it's only likely to move to 11 by the start of next year.

1611799660344.png

I suspect that Todd's form lapse due to personal issues ruled him out at a time when he was in best position for the role.

There's not many experienced players that jump out as candidate.

Todd is rising 33.
Tazz is rising 32.
Cunners is deeds not words & too quiet.
Jed & Atley are introverted.

We have 10 players on the list with 100+ games experience, and if we go with youth again in 2021 trading-drafting, then it's only likely to move to 11 by the start of next year.

View attachment 1047121

Trent ticks a lot of boxes in terms of off-field personality, consistency and experience for the next captain.

Are your reasons for excluding him based on doubting his best 22 status or 'other'?

If Luke can post a similar B&F return to 2020 he'd be best candidate imo.

Trent ticks a lot of boxes in terms of off-field personality, consistency and experience for the next captain.

Are your reasons for excluding him based on doubting his best 22 status or 'other'?

If Luke can post a similar B&F return to 2020 he'd be best candidate imo.

His limitations as a footballer and "other" which I won't go in to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The captain should be a game changer who can kick a captains goal but obviously needs some leadership qualities. Leadership isn't the be all and end all, they have to be champion players as well.

I was just having a look at the Coleman market, and I don’t think he’ll win it but Zurhaar isn’t even in there for us. It’s Larkey ($101) and Stephenson ($67). They literally have no idea

I was just having a look at the Coleman market, and I don’t think he’ll win it but Zurhaar isn’t even in there for us. It’s Larkey ($101) and Stephenson ($67). They literally have no idea

I wouldn't be touching us with a barge pole Val.

Expect less goals and a lot bigger spread of them.

I wouldn't be touching us with a barge pole Val.

Expect less goals and a lot bigger spread of them.

I’m not. Was just surprised that they had Stephenson in there when Zurhaar has been kicking goals for fun. Must just be a Collingwood hype hangover.

Tbh I’m having a bit of a punt today and just had a look out of curiosity.

I got some mail on Ancestry (though it’s the favourite) so I loaded up

Stephenson shorter than Larkey? That doesn't make sense.

That’s my point. They have nfi

There are so many examples that lead me to believe that we are the most ignored club by the "footy industry". When all the pre-season predictors come out I expect us to be last on nearly every one of them. Whilst I don't expect us to really contend for finals this year I think we will do enough to surprise most of them.

There are so many examples that lead me to believe that we are the most ignored club by the "footy industry". When all the pre-season predictors come out I expect us to be last on nearly every one of them. Whilst I don't expect us to really contend for finals this year I think we will do enough to surprise most of them.

Which is why we get good odds. Simpkin is @ $101 and Cunners is @ $251 for the Brownlow

A little bit from column A & a little from column B here...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back