EPL Matchday 20

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It won’t last I know but still end of Jan Leeds 4 points behind Chelsea and Arsenal with a game in hand

Approx Club total salaries accord to Sportrac

Chelsea £137m
Arsenal £135m
Leeds £22m

Leeds are having an amazing season. Apparently actually playing football instead of parking busses has some advantages.

Gotta take a point considering we started the nightmare pairing of Gomes/Davies, only worse when Sigurdsson is next cab off the rank.

Also annoying to see that our back 4 are primarily CB’s, then a LB playing LW (Digne is the best LW in the league btw, just to keep up with current chat). DCL too isolated with our one-paced midfield and full backs not able to overlap

Can’t wait to see Allan & Doucoure playing together again in a few weeks, at least we have Doucs back for the weekend

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
Fabinho is not a better CB than any Spurs CB.
Possibly not with Dier. But have you seen what bottom of the Championship Wycombe's young striker did to Sanchez and Toby? And then both Rodon and Tanganga are very inexperienced. I'd be happier seeing Fabinho as our partner for Dier for tomorrow's game than any of the 4 options we might be going with

Possibly not with Dier. But have you seen what bottom of the Championship Wycombe's young striker did to Sanchez and Toby? And then both Rodon and Tanganga are very inexperienced. I'd be happier seeing Fabinho as our partner for Dier for tomorrow's game than any of the 4 options we might be going with

Fabinho better than our centrehalves, are you taking the piss?

Better than our CM’s (Hojbjerg debatable). Definitely.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

Fabinho better than our centrehalves, are you taking the piss?

Better than our CM’s (Hojbjerg debatable). Definitely.

Toby is finished as a top 6 quality CB as sad as that might be for some to hear.

Lost his pace 1-2 years back. Never overly strong physically but was always great in the air and at reading defensive situations. Still good at reading the play but is very weak in the air and has lost his spring, which is why we are constantly so poor at defending set pieces.

Toby is finished as a top 6 quality CB as sad as that might be for some to hear.

Lost his pace 1-2 years back. Never overly strong physically but was always great in the air and at reading defensive situations. Still good at reading the play but is very weak in the air and has lost his spring, which is why we are constantly so poor at defending set pieces.
Our recent set piece goals have been conceded by Dier...

Second best defence in the league.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
It won’t last I know but still end of Jan Leeds 4 points behind Chelsea and Arsenal with a game in hand

Approx Club total salaries accord to Sportrac

Chelsea £137m
Arsenal £135m
Leeds £22m

I have often been told by people who know a lot about Baseball that Sportrac is fairly useless.

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.

To be fair he has lost half a yard as you say, has also largely had to teach Dier his role and/or carry Sanchez too.

Is the only defender we have who can ping a ball that breaks the lines. I still think he has a spot and I still trust him more than Dier or Sanchez.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
To be fair he has lost half a yard as you say, has also largely had to teach Dier his role and/or carry Sanchez too.

Is the only defender we have who can ping a ball that breaks the lines. I still think he has a spot and I still trust him more than Dier or Sanchez.
Yeah he hasn't lost that passing range at all. And the lack of pace is less concerning under Jose with the deeper line that we play than it was under Poch and the high line when he was exposed.

I've been pretty impressed by Dier this season. Still lets himself down as does Toby at set pieces. Would be happy with either of them with a top class CB next to them. Same with Rodon. Anyone but Sanchez!

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Yeah he hasn't lost that passing range at all. And the lack of pace is less concerning under Jose with the deeper line that we play than it was under Poch and the high line when he was exposed.

I've been pretty impressed by Dier this season. Still lets himself down as does Toby at set pieces. Would be happy with either of them with a top class CB next to them. Same with Rodon. Anyone but Sanchez!

My biggest worry with Toby isn't aerial or even speed. It's that he is getting bullied off the ball. You never used to see that but it's happening quite a bit lately. I think it's a fixable problem though.

That's where Dier is good. He's physically strong. Sanchez looks strong but is as soft as butter. He's lightning quick though but has no positional sense whatsoever.

I have often been told by people who know a lot about Baseball that Sportrac is fairly useless.
Far from useless, they make mistakes for sure but I know their NFL figures are fairly accurate compared to other reputed cap sites.

Here’s another from talksport that got its figures from globalsalaries which does a pretty comprehensive analysis

Here’s 60 page analysis ..shows ave per 25 man squad and these are 2019 figures. Seems closely aligned with Sportrac

Back