Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 4 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Not remotely worried about Bont and Wallis. Libba I doubt leaves, it's more the concern of premature retirement (whether from deciding to call it quits, or being forced by injury). Williams and Vandermeer I'd hope we are looking to re-sign ASAP
Hope we are-sign Butler and Weightman you would think they wouldn’t cost much in salary wise

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
players that are out of contract in 2021
Bont
Libba
Wallis
Williams

then we have some younger players out of contract
weightman
Butler
Vandermeer

Sam power has big job this year
Get Bont done and everything else falls into place. Power then knows what he’s got to work with and who is expendable. Dunkley looms as a very interesting conundrum.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
If the dogs want him he will be in the red white and blue.

I have no idea if they still have the interest they did in his draft year.

Where is your information coming from? The same guy who told you that it was Dunkley's decision to kick Stringer out of the team and that he would never want to play with him?

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Where is your information coming from? The same guy who told you that it was Dunkley's decision to kick Stringer out of the team and that he would never want to play with him?

God you are pathetic

I said he was part of the leadership group that wanted him out which was a FACT

And it was MY OPINION Dunks would never play with Jake. I never ever said that was info.

Keep making cr@p up, that’s all you do

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
Bailey Smith worries me a lot. Wanted young player who may chase the big bucks. I will be surprised if he is with us next year.

He had offers on the table but chose to re-sign at the end of 2019. At that time he wasn't even getting many games. Since then he has secured his spot in the side and is in our starting backline. I rate him as our most valuable half back if you adjust for age. Maybe equal with Caleb Daniel. I think he will surpass JJ soon if he hasn't already in terms of overall impact. He should be in our top two highest paid defenders from his next contract.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He had offers on the table but chose to re-sign at the end of 2019. At that time he wasn't even getting many games. Since then he has secured his spot in the side and is in our starting backline. I rate him as our most valuable half back if you adjust for age. Maybe equal with Caleb Daniel. I think he will surpass JJ soon if he hasn't already in terms of overall impact. He should be in our top two highest paid defenders from his next contract.

Wrong Bailey.

dogzrule

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2010
nfa
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Get Bont done and everything else falls into place. Power then knows what he’s got to work with and who is expendable. Dunkley looms as a very interesting conundrum.

I don’t see Dunkley as being a conundrum. If he still wants out I think Power would know by now, it won’t be broadcast in the media though and that’s not saying he won’t give his all to the side this year.

I can’t see Essendope being as interested this year given they know the cost and had the opportunity already, only to back off on the deal. Further if he wants out there may be more than 1 suitor which puts Dogs in a better negotiating position

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
I don’t see Dunkley as being a conundrum. If he still wants out I think Power would know by now, it won’t be broadcast in the media though and that’s not saying he won’t give his all to the side this year.

I can’t see Essendope being as interested this year given they know the cost and had the opportunity already, only to back off on the deal. Further if he wants out there may be more than 1 suitor which puts Dogs in a better negotiating position

Dunkley would be an amazing list fit for Carlton. Stick him in with Cripps and Walsh and they have a list that starts to look pretty fricking good. I’d be going hard if I was their list manager.

Bont
Libba
Wallis
Williams

weightman
Butler
Vandermeer

Williams for me should be our priority signing
Bloke deserves his big pay day after such improvement every year.

Philthy1

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
IF As you expressed Williams is a chance to leave it would be a deal I would be satisfied with.

I never said Williams would leave and personally doubt very much he would leave to go to that rabble. Port are more the danger if he wants to go home.

McAsey will be back in Victoria in 2022, bank it.

Amazing how the mob make things up time and time again isn’t it?
By chance, I think it may have been the first time we played PA at Mars, I happened to sit next to two ladies one of whom had a Dogs beanie and PA scarf on. I asked her if she was confused and she replied "I am Bailey Williams' aunt and we are PA people". She then pointed to the lady next to her and said and that's his mum. Fortunately she had only Dogs gear on. True story.

Based on nothing more than that highly insightful 10 second conversation, I think if (if) Williams were to return to SA it would only be to PA....:eek:

Sep 27, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
New York Yankees
Williams for me should be our priority signing
Bloke deserves his big pay day after such improvement every year.
Agree he's a must keep and deserves a decent pay bump but I'd be waiting to see what he produces this year before deciding how much and how long.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
Bont
Libba
Wallis
Williams

weightman
Butler
Vandermeer

From what I believe, Williams no way wants to be elsewhere.

I'm more worried about McAsey getting his body right. He's notoriously and continuously never on a full program and I don't believe he's even doing the full pre-season right now. He's a type of player who despite all his talent just nobody wants to touch because he always has a niggle.

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Okay, on to the next person to fret about leaving. Who’s turn is it?🙄
Ok, here is one for you "Jason Johannisen" with the rapid rise of Caleb Daniel as an extra in defense who runs around by himself, JJ feels left out in the cold as this used to be his role and you know he won a "Norm Smith" medal and all. He feels all the ball now goes through Caleb and he is not being given the opportunity to shine on the big stage.

Note: "This is made up to please MD37 and has no bases in reality" or does it ? :eek::moustache:

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Ok, here is one for you "Jason Johannisen" with the rapid rise of Caleb Daniel as an extra in defense who runs around by himself, JJ feels left out in the cold as this used to be his role and you know he won a "Norm Smith" medal and all. He feels all the ball now goes through Caleb and he is not being given the opportunity to shine on the big stage.

Note: "This is made up to please MD37 and has no bases in reality" or does it ? :eek::moustache:

If JJ actually put his body into contests like Daniel does and not run away from physical contact, the other players might bring him into the play a bit more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back