Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Ryan Garcia will fight Manny Pac. Strange match up but why not, should be fun

Saw an article on this in 'Ring' magazine, still not sure what to make of it. The only indication of the fight is coming from Garcia's Instagram.

They're separated by two weight classes, so that's an interesting question in itself.

Curious to see what develops from here.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Saw an article on this in 'Ring' magazine, still not sure what to make of it. The only indication of the fight is coming from Garcia's Instagram.

They're separated by two weight classes, so that's an interesting question in itself.

Curious to see what develops from here.
Ive seen people talking about it on twitter as though its official. God knows why its happening but Pac is a part time fighter now, im assuming hes getting most of the money. Probably all the sense it needs to make for him now

Weight class, meet in the middle? Pac isnt huge for 147 anyway. I do think he wins this as hes still got enough in the tank. Fun fight, though very left field

Ive seen people talking about it on twitter as though its official. God knows why its happening but Pac is a part time fighter now, im assuming hes getting most of the money. Probably all the sense it needs to make for him now

Weight class, meet in the middle? Pac isnt huge for 147 anyway. I do think he wins this as hes still got enough in the tank. Fun fight, though very left field

As this article points out, Manny hasn't been under 140 for over a decade, since he fought Hatton. So he'll probably have to drop to that, and Garcia will drift up in weight...which means he's happy to get back down to 135 after.

I like the fight, but it just seems like such a detour for Garcia, who's sitting in --I think-- the most exciting division in boxing.

Garcia v Tank...please.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
It’s a NO-LOSE for Garcia. He calls out a very active legend and win lose draw he’s gonna be respected for that.

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
*Just read that this fight has been postponed from feb 20 to christ knows.
D78D5897-3BF0-4418-BE92-140E56084F2A.jpeg

HAPPY BUDDHA

🤣🤣🤣
10k Posts
Oct 2, 2018
Scarborough
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth Royals
Gallen v Browne for April. Didnt see this one coming but Huni is out with concussion who i thought would fight Browne after his Feb fight...
Lucas Browne? Oh s**t, the guy is a glutton for punishment now, Whyte absolutely hurt him.

give it away now Lucas, you’re recently married and your wife doesn’t need an invalid to take care of.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Lucas Browne? Oh sh*t, the guy is a glutton for punishment now, Whyte absolutely hurt him.

give it away now Lucas, you’re recently married and your wife doesn’t need an invalid to take care of.
Bit of a different level between Dylan Whyte and Paul Gallen.

Joker91

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 3, 2012
Tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lucas Browne? Oh sh*t, the guy is a glutton for punishment now, Whyte absolutely hurt him.

That was three years ago.
He has won 4 of next 5 fights since.
I highly doubt this fight goes ahead but if it does I would have Browne at winx like odds.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
That was three years ago.
He has won 4 of next 5 fights since.
I highly doubt this fight goes ahead but if it does I would have Browne at winx like odds.
Browne has accepted the date and purse. If it doesn't happen now after Gallen claims he also accepted then someone has really stuffed up.

Browne is washed by boxing standards, but he's better than Hunt at this stage who should have won with slightly more effort

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nice fight to make guy seems pillow fisted but last two fights have been for world titles and one was against charlo

Boxrec have Tim number 5 in the world and his opponent 20 odd
He was so brutally undersized v Charlo.

Odds on this fight look completely different had he been rightly given the nod v Munguia, then Charlo fight would never have happened. This is a good test for Tim, who he should have fought instead of that last pointless fight. Still, got a feeling afterwards we'll all be saying what we've said since Horn, Tim needs to go overseas

He was so brutally undersized v Charlo.

Odds on this fight look completely different had he been rightly given the nod v Munguia, then Charlo fight would never have happened. This is a good test for Tim, who he should have fought instead of that last pointless fight. Still, got a feeling afterwards we'll all be saying what we've said since Horn, Tim needs to go overseas
He’s waiting to fight winner of tex title fight

Wouldn’t mind him fighting a gatekeeper like trout

Back