Society/Culture Proud Boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you wonder that?

But yeah, run of the mill enlightened centrists look pretty gross to me.
I've heard present day republicans described as the democrats of fifteen years ago, so I picture in my mind what the republican values and attitudes would have been around that time and now that the social political climate has shifted - how would those people of that time be seen today.

People who hold stable conservative positions end up looking more and more right wing, and there is a point at which being too far from center is more convenient to sweep into the Nazi pile than it is to discuss the points they are making.

I've heard present day republicans described as the democrats of fifteen years ago, so I picture in my mind what the republican values and attitudes would have been around that time and now that the social political climate has shifted - how would those people of that time be seen today.

People who hold stable conservative positions end up looking more and more right wing, and there is a point at which being too far from center is more convenient to sweep into the Nazi pile than it is to discuss the points they are making.
Interestingly enough, there are relatively few posters here that I would describe as holding stable conservative views, though. The others seem to fall in line with the prevailing orthodoxy as it's shifted in the past ~5 or so years.

Interestingly enough, there are relatively few posters here that I would describe as holding stable conservative views, though. The others seem to fall in line with the prevailing orthodoxy as it's shifted in the past ~5 or so years.
How have you seen it shifting?

I showed my cat a picture of the hadron collider and tried to explain it to him. Was he surprised? Not surprised? Probably neither. He probably just didn't know or understand anything. A bit like you.

Aaaah, but if your last name happened to be Schrödinger your cat would be central to the fundaments of theoretical quantam mechanics and it would know everything about the hadron collider AND f*ck-all about it at the same time.

The cat would also seriously claw your genitalia for trying to kill it in a theoretic quantum reality split.

Where's Wally, but with Fred Perry logo. Can you find it?

View attachment 1047102

But seriously, I'm surprised you didn't claim it was Antifa again
Look at the pretty boys getting their gay on in the bush and celebrating diversity by wearing hijabs, such sexy cultural boys!
Kudos to them.

That depends heavily on how you define "conservative". Ask FireKrakouer. Apparently it's simply a matter of liking Christmas.

If we're talking about conservative views circa Bush I, I think plenty would qualify. If you sent me back in time to 1988, I'd probably favour Bush over Dukakis.

Once upon a time, conservatives believed in liberalism (in the old-fashioned sense), institutions and the post-war international order. These were cornerstones of the conservative worldview, at least among the establishment. I've become increasingly "conservative" in that sense, according to metrics that no longer apply.

As recently as the 1990s, the centre-left wanted to reform but still preserve much of that. But the right has become so deranged that it's now folks who'd otherwise consider themselves centre-left defending those things.

The centre-left now defends the FBI? The centre-left now defends CNN? That would have been unthinkable 25 years ago.

That's the effect of the populist right: they've forced the RW establishment to abandon the principles they used to defend. They've been hollowed out. As a result, the centre-left that sought incremental change has now become the defenders of an institutional status quo, making us de facto "more conservative".

Last edited:
Like you know enough about it to be surprised or not surprised either way.

But it's cute when you pretend to know things.

I showed my cat a picture of the hadron collider and tried to explain it to him. Was he surprised? Not surprised? Probably neither. He probably just didn't know or understand anything. A bit like you.
As Jack Nicholson said, "grow up". Every gangster has channels with the feds.

That's a little hyperbolic. Many of the Nazi leaders committed suicide, a few of them bolted for other nations, and we locked up some others. I think a dozen or so were actually executed, and that would have been largely at the instance of a couple of the more vengeful nations.
Then we went on to rebuild Germany afterwards. And stole all the best scientists.

When we're talking "we", we're talking about a coalition of the largest and strongest nations on Earth combined, and even then it took years. Only one of those nations was responsible for "breaking up" Germany - in defiance of some of the others wishes. We all know which one that was, right?

Treason? On what grounds could you possibly charge them with treason?
Hyperbolic? A little? Its big footy. *en hell.

They committed suicide cos they didn't want to paraded around like flogs then executed.

These pricks in the article - they are Nazis. By definition they want to overthrow the government and install a ethno nationalist state oriented around ongoing war for conquest. That's close enough to treason. * them.

We rebuilt half of Germany cos we (ie the coalition you mentioned) tore it in half, then (according to my German anarchist mates) we (ie the US) occupied the country till the 1990s.

You also forgot to mention that "we" also stole all the virulent, anti communist Nazi spies "we" could get our hands on, along with the scientists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its like people never heard of how Ian MacPhee got run out of politics
The Liberal Party ended the White Australia policy, held the 1967 referendum, accepted Vietnamese boat people and enacted NT land rights legislation Whitlam had promised.

If you were a kid today would you believe that if someone told you?

Well, well, well. Our very own version.

fC4lrg.md.jpg

Oh yeah. They lost the support of the scared bigots.

Like they would have ever supported anything like this, no matter what the name.

Lest this thread about the Proud Boys go the way of every other thread about right-wing loons and become a "whataboutblmandantifa" thread, I think the BLM talk goes here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/black-lives-matter.1239779/
Are you going to put the gay references and memes into the appropriate threads as well?

Not the only moderate Lib to be branch stacked out of his electorate. Orchestrated by Costello, Kroger and a few fellow travellers. As it turned out they did him a favour. Went to Corrs at 3 times his parliamentary salary.

Yep. It still erks me, he was one of the genuine good guys of politics who works with both sides to get things done.

The killing of the wets in the libs was a disgrace

Duh? Huh?
You might as well be made of glass for all your complexity and depth of character. If I were to jump into you I'd break my neck hitting the sand two inches below the water.
Is that the gay reference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back