BBL BBL Match 57, Playoff 1, 29 Jan. Brisbane Heat v Adelaide Strikers at the Gabba 1915 AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brisbane from, Xavier Bartlett, James Bazley, Max Bryant, Joe Burns, Tom Cooper, Sam Heazlett, Lewis Gregory (ENG), Matthew Kuhnemann, Marnus Labuschagne, Dan Lawrence (ENG), Ben Laughlin, Chris Lynn (c), Morne Morkel (SA), Jimmy Peirson, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Mujeeb Ur Rahman (AFG), Jack Wildermuth, Matt Willans, Simon Milenko*, Jack Wood* Lachy Pfeffer*
Adelaide from, Wes Agar, Danny Briggs (ENG) Alex Carey, Harry Conway, Travis Head (c), Spencer Johnson, Rashid Khan (AFG), Michael Neser, Harry Nielsen, Liam O’Connor, Matthew Renshaw, Phil Salt (ENG), Liam Scott, Matt Short, Peter Siddle, Cameron Valente, Jake Weatherald, Jon Wells, Daniel Worrall.

These knockout finals are very unpredictable now especially with returning internationals and are just coin tosses. It comes down to which team has players fire on the night:
Carey/Weatherald/Head or Lynn/Labuschagne/Renshaw
then randomly on any given night a bowler is always a chance of taking a matchwinning 4/20 and triggering a collapse.

Brisbane +1 at home but then I think I trust the Strikers batting and bowling attack more which neutralizes that. Lynn is just as likely to go for a <10 as he is to go for 70 off 40 balls, again so unpredictable.

On the overall probabilities, I'd lean towards the Strikers having more answers with bat and ball and thus more chances for one of them to fire.

These knockout finals are very unpredictable now especially with returning internationals and are just coin tosses. It comes down to which team has players fire on the night:
Carey/Weatherald/Head or Lynn/Labuschagne/Renshaw
then randomly on any given night a bowler is always a chance of taking a matchwinning 4/20 and triggering a collapse.

Brisbane +1 at home but then I think I trust the Strikers batting and bowling attack more which neutralizes that. Lynn is just as likely to go for a <10 as he is to go for 70 off 40 balls, again so unpredictable.

On the overall probabilities, I'd lean towards the Strikers having more answers with bat and ball and thus more chances for one of them to fire.

I think you will see Renshaw plays for Adelaide Strikers now and not Brisbane Heat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back