Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Miami Dolphins
So in an intra club for Brisbane JoeD has kicked 3 goals in the first quarter matched up on Harris Andrews

He hasnt missed a beat with training

How do we stuff things up so badly

Maybe we didn't stuff too much up, maybe Joey just didn't want to be here?

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen

I think BrunoV touched on this but a bloke who has supposed OP in a crucial part of his body came back with the same spring, speed and agility he had pre OP is confusing to say the least.

Makes you wonder, did he really want to be here? He did ask for a trade 12 months earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I think BrunoV touched on this but a bloke who has supposed OP in a crucial part of his body came back with the same spring, speed and agility he had pre OP is confusing to say the least.

Makes you wonder, did he really want to be here? He did ask for a trade 12 months earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes you wonder a lot about his last 2-3 years at the club

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
So in an intra club for Brisbane JoeD has kicked 3 goals in the first quarter matched up on Harris Andrews

We can't help that Daniher is a spooge.

What we stuffed up was not trading him at the end of 2019.

I don't want this story to break because I want to embarras Daniher. It's list management that needs to be shamed.

We literally paid a guy to sit around doing nothing for about 18 months after he stoped playing because he didn't want to play and then he made his point by going to meet with another club. We still didn't listen.

Cost us a first round pick.

Last edited:

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
What's done with Daniher is done. No point worrying about it now. Plus ultimately he didn't want to stay so nothing we could do.

That said - he's still going to be a huge injury risk going forward even if right now he is flying.
The other consideration is Daniher's always dominated in preseason intra club matches because you can't really beat his physical qualities without being physical and grounding him which players always do during the regular season. Plus we all know what his goal kicking is like on a normal day.

So hey i'll stick him in my supercoach team for cheap and hopefully he'll make some points for me. Other than that - I'm not concerned.

We spent 2 years getting him right only for him to leave.

Oct 2, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
What's done with Daniher is done. No point worrying about it now. Plus ultimately he didn't want to stay so nothing we could do.

That said - he's still going to be a huge injury risk going forward even if right now he is flying.
The other consideration is Daniher's always dominated in preseason intra club matches because you can't really beat his physical qualities without being physical and grounding him which players always do during the regular season. Plus we all know what his goal kicking is like on a normal day.

So hey i'll stick him in my supercoach team for cheap and hopefully he'll make some points for me. Other than that - I'm not concerned.

I reckon his only injury ‘risk’ for the Lions is between Daniher’s ears - the same one we had to try and deal with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
I reckon his only injury ‘risk’ for the Lions is between Daniher’s ears - the same one we had to try and deal with

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah even if he wasn't totally happy at Essendon his injury was very real - he didn't miss all that footy because he just didn't feel like playing footy whilst at Essendon. I'm sure being in rehab for years was no fun at all.

I thought he looked sore after playing just a few games in a row last year and they were reduced time length games and we rested him one of the weeks.

Besides the mental side of the game really impacts. You only have to look at other talented players like Hogan and Beams to see that even if you are a damned talented player it can be hard to overcome your issues sometimes.

I think a team like Brisbane can afford to manage the problems that Daniher brings. Plus they are in their premiership window so they can afford to take a risk to take them to the next level. Even if we still had Daniher and he was back to his best we'd probably still only be mid table.

Jul 16, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Moving forward I think there arer six guys I would like to see gone after this season at least.

Hooker - Retired/Free agent - Been a great servant but time has passed.
Zaka - Retired/free agent/Delisted - Not the future and holding others back at this point.
Ambrose - Free Agent/Delisted - What does he give us that the younger group don't?
Cutler - Delist - What a waste of a list spot
Phillips - Hopefully our other young rucks have taken over main backup duty by the end of this season.
Hurley - Trade to make room for Reid. Could be a valuable piece for a contending team who need an extra leader in the backfield.

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

Well that in itself is an issue and mistake made

I have no doubt that Joe actually didnt want to be here and maybe exaggerated injuries to be away from the club whether playing/training

I want to see his best. It was a rare delight and hard to see now. Since buddy at his best its been missing in the comp

Its a shame it came to this and the club should be disappointed

Last edited:

Fin ice Smuggler

Cancelled
Nov 13, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
All this talk about Joe has what to do with possible recruits to our senior list in 2021?

Hell, let’s talk about the impact wanganeen had on us leaving at the end of 96?

I really thought I’d be a good bloke with Daniher leaving. Take the high road and wish him success.

The. first report comes out and I am like you MF haha. If he keeps this up it’s gonna be a long year getting trolled by my mates with Daniher highlights
I never doubted for a moment that I'd be salty.

BomberARMY

All Australian
Mar 20, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Daniher will inevitably break down at some stage, good luck to him, but we've seen this 'flying' in the past.. onwards and upwards for the Mighty EFC..

Kyle Dunkley trained with us today

Now that the VFL side has signed Kyle Dunkley and Joe Atley, I can't wait for the brother trade speculation all year...only for us to go and get Shaun Atley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back