Where will we finish in 2021 ?

Where will the Hawks finish in 2021 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our two classiest players in Sicily and Gunston being out for a large part of 2021 probably makes any hopes of finals unlikely.

Saying that weirder things have happened and I feel like 2021 is going to be one of those years in which a number of teams come from nowhere to make the top 8.

Hopefully we play an attacking exciting game which will make us enjoyable to watch even if we lose. Gunston being out really hurts our final chances but I’ll stay optimistic. I’m excited about this group. Hopefully finn cousins CJ greaves Lewis jeka Kosi Moore all improve and push for selection every week

Ben has always been one of my favourites but I can't help but feel that this is a decision that should have been made 2 years ago.

He is much more suitable choice than Stratton in terms of personality, approach to the game, etc but like Stratts (and Rough before him) I have a sinking feeling we will be in the same scenario in 6 months or so time debating the captains place in the side which is s..t for all concerned.

This decision really goes a long way in telling me what a lack of leadership their is at the club at the moment if the best option is a beaten up 31 year old ruck.

My hope is that Ben maintains his form throughout 2021 and Worps really comes on this year and there is a hand over in a year or two time.

If Sicily and Gunston were healthy, and with matches back at the MCG and Launceston, I'd probably have us avoiding bottom 4 and falling in the 11-14 bracket somewhere. But with those injuries, I can't see us leaving the bottom 3 alongside Adelaide and North Melbourne.

We're going nowhere, today's announcement showed that. Probably just outside the bottom 4, high enough to preserve Clarko's pride.

It isn't popular amongst Hawthorn fans but I believe Clarko has done all he can for Hawthorn and I don't believe we'll come close to challenging again whilst he's at the club.

I do think he would be a great fit for a couple of other clubs more ready to go however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likely bottom 4, but also wouldn’t be surprised if Clarko drags us up to 10th with some defensive tactics or some meaningless wins at end of season (which is a worse outcome than bottom 4). By the second half of the season we may start to see some impact from Lewis, Jeka, downie, Finn etc but the first half of season could be very rough esp with Gunston missing.

Likely bottom 4, but also wouldn’t be surprised if Clarko drags us up to 10th with some defensive tactics or some meaningless wins at end of season (which is a worse outcome than bottom 4). By the second half of the season we may start to see some impact from Lewis, Jeka, downie, Finn etc but the first half of season could be very rough esp with Gunston missing.

Very much a possibility.

13-15 feels right. I just don't see where the goals are going to come from, especially with Gunston missing a chunk of the season.

I wish Clarkson would play Hardwick up forward.

Where will we finish in 2021 predictions ? We pretty much know what our list is now so time to start having a stab at next season, we can then look back in 9 months time and see how stupid some of our predictions look.

I'll break it up into 5 categories, 1-4, 5-8. 9-12, 13-15 and 16-18.

I'm going with the 13-15 bracket, but at least in 2021 we'll be playing a younger 22 demographic that would give us hope that the rebuild to the future has started. I think it's possible we could push into the 9-12 bracket if we play our home venues at the G and in Tassie relatively ok.
I'm not going to put in a figure ,. because you never have a feel until the season is well under way and this year will be guess work simply because we didn't handle last year and the hubbing very well at all. Not unlike the Eagles stay in the east earl;y on, they seemed to lose the plot too.
And of course there were at least three games we would have lost if the games were normally timed? No excuse everyone had to do the same.

So for me because of the fact of the bad year I believe we are on a chance of being in the 8 or just missing again, with better performances from everybody, newer players will settle better if its not in here a week and out here another, players have retired and left, the newer boys can be given more ground time and become confident and not have to worry about old hands taking their spot every now and again.

We couldn't perform last year, just hit and miss, and occasionally super playing, then dying in stamina!

I will say a much bettter year, but we "might" make the eight if we regain our need, and you know thats what we have all talked about before, that "NEED" to win that feeling you can't be beaten, that is hard to get , but in 2008 WE GOT IT, AND NO ONE COULD GET US, that's what we have to develop again , its a Hawthorn thing.

Initially when I voted 13-15, it was just Sicily missing from our best 22. Now with Gunners, maybe Mitchell and Punky missing early and Scully retiring, that may even be a stretch.
Its great to have kids coming through but they won't know the game plan, nor have the aerobic capacity to run out games so can see us being competitive for games against weaker teams but getting blown away against the better ones.
Less rotations too puts more pressure on skills and decision making which were poor last year too.
We may see lots of the core 26+ year olds in the team with rotations spread amongst the young guys to give them the required experience without doing a GWS/GC early days or Carlton under Bolts.
I'm excited to see what they can do either way.

I think there is still time to make a guess at where we will end up. I am quite buoyed by the speed of the side and the way we are moving the ball around the ground. I saw mitchell favouring his shoulder in the brisbane game so was probably carrying it all last year. With the younger mids improving and additions of phillips and downie we may do a bit better through the middle as all seem fit and well. So with all that I say 12th or higher if draw becomes kinder.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back