Votes: 17 1.5%
  • West Coast Eagles

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 2 0.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

$18 for Hawthorn is a gift.

No Sicily, massive question marks on Mitchell, Gunston and Scully, average inclusions from other clubs and clearly the worst U22s in the comp.

Should be favourites.

I’m seriously considering jumping on board the gravy train that is Hawks or North for the spoon.

$18 seems a steal for Hawthorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawthorn won't win the wooden spoon for one reason.
Clarkson.
They still have the best coach in recent times who always finds a way to make the impossible possible.
If purely based on lists, Hawthorn, North and Adelaide would be impossible to split.

Hawthorn won't win the wooden spoon for one reason.
Clarkson.
They still have the best coach in recent times who always finds a way to make the impossible possible.
If purely based on lists, Hawthorn, North and Adelaide would be impossible to split.

Agreed. He will find a way to win a few games in the first half the season when we have most of our injuries. Assuming nothing serious happens during the season, its just Sicily, who is a big loss, but is hardly going to be the sole reason for us losing games.

That said, I wouldnt be surprised to see us in the 12th to 16th range.

Of course, it also depends on whether we get to play in Tasmania.

Agreed. He will find a way to win a few games in the first half the season when we have most of our injuries. Assuming nothing serious happens during the season, its just Sicily, who is a big loss, but is hardly going to be the sole reason for us losing games.

That said, I wouldnt be surprised to see us in the 12th to 16th range.

Of course, it also depends on whether we get to play in Tasmania.
You guys won pretty easy against Richmond. Also, that game against Carlton in Perth was incredible coaching and you guys just found something that was missing all year. Should've beat Port as well, same thing. But then on the other hand some games it was as if Clarko had given up, the game against Melbourne he just let Gawn do whatever he wanted and didn't change anything.

I would be surprised if we won the spoon but not completely shocked.

It depends on how many games we get out of Gunston and Mitchell who are carrying some niggles/injuries.

I think there is a group of teams that could win the spoon and assuming none tank it will probably go to the team that has the worst run with injuries to key players.

Crows are the percentage play.
Absolutely they are.

They were trash in 2020 with one of the more favourable draws, and being unscathed by the hub life that other clubs contended with. Amazing how people are overlooking just how bad they were considering this.

2020.jpeg

Sicily Gunston Mitchell missing is huge.

Burgoyne would be able to cover some of Gunston but not for 8 weeks in a row. My bet is he plays 2 games, then rests a game - particularly the long trips.

Noone is covering for Sicily. That is a huge loss from a year which was just sh*t.

Mitchell has been covered before. And also may only miss 1 or 2.
I've been lucky enough to get to training this preseason and although Mitchell is a on a modified program after the shoulder, he's still looking super fit on track. Similar to last season the media is about how he may miss, but it's worth remembering that he played Round 1.

"No one is covering for Sicily". Scrimshaw moved into that role in the last 6 weeks of 2020, and started to make it his own.

Gunston is back running, and could miss the first couple of weeks, but as we're still 6 weeks away from the the season he may not too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys won pretty easy against Richmond. Also, that game against Carlton in Perth was incredible coaching and you guys just found something that was missing all year. Should've beat Port as well, same thing. But then on the other hand some games it was as if Clarko had given up, the game against Melbourne he just let Gawn do whatever he wanted and didn't change anything.

I was at that game. A Hawks supporter kept yelling out "Why not just kick it to Gawn?" ... and they did.

By the end we were all laughing. He took twice as many marks from Hawk kicks than Melbourne kicks. Was ridiculous.

I've been lucky enough to get to training this preseason and although Mitchell is a on a modified program after the shoulder, he's still looking super fit on track. Similar to last season the media is about how he may miss, but it's worth remembering that he played Round 1.

"No one is covering for Sicily". Scrimshaw moved into that role in the last 6 weeks of 2020, and started to make it his own.

Gunston is back running, and could miss the first couple of weeks, but as we're still 6 weeks away from the the season he may not too.

Scrimshaw is great, and his improvement last year was immense, but Sicily is top 2 or 3 in the league.

North would be my most likely and agree that Hawthorn are a fair chance. I reckon the team underrepresented in the discussion is GWS.

Pretty disastrous 2020 with Coniglio struggling with the captaincy and long term coach Cameron seeming to struggle to implement a coherent game plan or bind the squad together.

With leadership flagging, they've lost Jeremy Cameron, Zac Williams, Jye Caldwell, Jackson Hately, Heath Shaw, Aiden Corr and a few others.

As a fabricated team with no real roots if things fall, they could fall very quickly, particularly with a few big egos amongst the senior players.

Maybe they retain too much quality to finish dead last, but they have the whiff of a club that could fall heavily.

Scrimshaw is great, and his improvement last year was immense, but Sicily is top 2 or 3 in the league.
Yeah Sicily is a star, but Scrimshaw is coming along well. Won't be a complete replacement, but a very good one all the same.

North would be my most likely and agree that Hawthorn are a fair chance. I reckon the team underrepresented in the discussion is GWS.

Pretty disastrous 2020 with Coniglio struggling with the captaincy and long term coach Cameron seeming to struggle to implement a coherent game plan or bind the squad together.

With leadership flagging, they've lost Jeremy Cameron, Zac Williams, Jye Caldwell, Jackson Hately, Heath Shaw, Aiden Corr and a few others.

As a fabricated team with no real roots if things fall, they could fall very quickly, particularly with a few big egos amongst the senior players.

Maybe they retain too much quality to finish dead last, but they have the whiff of a club that could fall heavily.
Even with the players that have left, I think the Giants have too much quality to fall behind teams like the Roos and Crows.

I do agree that they can very easily continue their fall down the ladder. The players you have listed are major holes that need to be filled.

North have talent far better than Essendon, Gold Coast and Hawthorn
Not the Gold Coast they haven't.

Gold Coast have drafted exceptionally well and have them covered with Anderson, Lukosius, Rowell, Rankine, King and Hollands just from the last 3 drafts.

On top of that they have about another half dozen that were taken in the top 20.

Absolutely they are.

They were trash in 2020 with one of the more favourable draws, and being unscathed by the hub life that other clubs contended with. Amazing how people are overlooking just how bad they were considering this.

View attachment 1048176
New coach who couldn't properly teach the new game plan because of covid... & we came back from the break unfit... hence we got run over in the 2nd halves of games... until late in the season.

Expect we will still be bottom 4, but doubt we will be close to the spoon.

Here's the current market of the wooden spoon.

North $2.30
Crows $5.00
Bombers $7.50
Suns $11.00
Swans - $11.00
Hawks $18.00
Hawks are the value bet... though expect North will beat them for the spoon, but nowhere near the value.

Neither the Suns or Swans will win the spoon unless they have a horror injury run

Back