Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always had to remember to get any drinks or supplies from the on campus convenience store during the week because they'd be closed on weekends - significantly cheaper than elsewhere and with options not available at the regular shops

My go to drinks tend to be beer or whiskeys, and happy to get the premixed drinks that come with the zero sugar options. I'll also drink bourbon when in America; I've always preferenced darker spirits

Don't like overally sweet drinks, fruity type drinks and I don't drink vodka which is the base for so many cocktails

I can take it or leave it when it comes to drinking - if something happened tomorrow and I was told that I could never drink alcohol again, I would genuinely have no issues with that

Where I used to work, we had staff drinks on the last Thursday of the month - helped that we had a bar onsite, so we just had to pay a nominal amount for any drinks. So for a while, that Thursday would be the only time I'd have a drink - nothing for 4 weeks, then a beer at staff drinks followed by nothing for 4 weeks

I reckon I've gone 6+ months before without a drink and didn't miss it

My Perth family and mates were not over happy when i moved to Vic, they lost their skipper on nights out :).
Haha, yeah nothing better than having a non drinker around.
I'm trying tbh. Have only drank twice since grand final day. I'm nearly at the point where I can take it or leave it.
Never thought that would happen.

Haha, yeah nothing better than having a non drinker around.
I'm trying tbh. Have only drank twice since grand final day. I'm nearly at the point where I can take it or leave it.
Never thought that would happen.

I have no issue with anyone who chooses to have a drink, not my role to tell people how to live their life, however i don't spend a lot time in pubs and bars as being a sober person around drunk people is not a lot of fun.

I have no issue with anyone who chooses to have a drink, not my role to tell people how to live their life, however i don't spend a lot time in pubs and bars as being a sober person around drunk people is not a lot of fun.
No. No it's not.
Yeah I know you have no problem with drinkers at all. Its just something I've wanted to stop doing as much.

I can take it or leave it when it comes to drinking - if something happened tomorrow and I was told that I could never drink alcohol again, I would genuinely have no issues with that

Where I used to work, we had staff drinks on the last Thursday of the month - helped that we had a bar onsite, so we just had to pay a nominal amount for any drinks. So for a while, that Thursday would be the only time I'd have a drink - nothing for 4 weeks, then a beer at staff drinks followed by nothing for 4 weeks

I reckon I've gone 6+ months before without a drink and didn't miss it
The longest ive gone without a drink is about 18 months

My go to drinks tend to be beer or whiskeys, and happy to get the premixed drinks that come with the zero sugar options. I'll also drink bourbon when in America; I've always preferenced darker spirits

Don't like overally sweet drinks, fruity type drinks and I don't drink vodka which is the base for so many cocktails
I’m the same. Bit over beer and drink mostly good whiskey now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dad would occasionally give us kids a sip of his beer down at the RSL or his cricket, but mum didn't drink, and didn't like it.

When I was about 10-y-o I had my adenoids out (after 2 or 3 years of constant bronchial-type problems) and the operation really knocked me around. In just the few days in hospital I lost a stone or more in weight, and dad was absolutely shocked that he had to carry me to the car.

So his solution was to give me a glass of stout after tea, to build me up. It tasted absolutely foul, but he made me drink it all.

However, mum put her foot down when I turned around, staggered sideways then fell flat on my face.
I know that operation - Roald Dalh had it- read about it in Boy. Was ******* medieval af just shoved a razor blade and cut them out iirc

Too many utter flogs. Just wears you down. That place is a cesspool of scum lol.
Yep they’re everywhere, still used to be good fan razzing them up with ya.....Ps you should also try Beefeater gin then, goes down easier than Monica Lewinsky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back