AFLW Round 1, Suns v Dees @ Metricon - Jan 30th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully, round 1 was one off and does not indicate where SUNS are and the team will improve.

Way too early but after watching round 1 games, I would say Cats and Eagles are clearly bottom 2, SUNS just above them together with GWS and Richmond, the rest of teams looked very good. North impressed me the most.

Some nice progress made by AFLW regarding skills, endurance, marking, structures. Quite enjoyable to watch for me. Lions were very impressive in 2nd half. They got some great young talent beside some experienced mature players.

Now WA going into 5 days lock down, what will happen with WA teams? It could be straight into HUB for them.

Last edited:
Some of the girls were way off what we are used to yesterday, in particular Howarth (injury excuse) and Bella.
Also Paige Parker the so called athlete development player has not improved at all. She really frustrates me.
The new players all pretty much showed something.
Anyway who knows-Melbourne might go on and win the GF and we look at this game differently in weeks to come.

Number 4 for Melbourne was at another level to everyone out there.

I’m with you on Paige Parker she gets to the contest and gets plenty of the ball but just hacks it on disposal

Hopefully, round 1 was one off and does not indicate where SUNS are and the team will improve.

Way too early but after watching round 1 games, I would say Cats and Eagles are clearly bottom 2, SUNS just above them together with GWS and Richmond, the rest of teams looked very good. North impressed me the most.

Some nice progress made by AFLW regarding skills, endurance, marking, structures. Quite enjoyable to watch for me. Lions were very impressive in 2nd half. They got some great young talent beside some experienced mature players.

Now WA going into 5 days lock down, what will happen with WA teams? It could be straight into HUB for them.

Both WA teams play in adelaide next weekend, so I say send them to SA until this clears itself up. They can fly in and out of other states from SA I think

Both WA teams play in adelaide next weekend, so I say send them to SA until this clears itself up. They can fly in and out of other states from SA I think
Yeah, it makes sense. Hopefully, other states will allow them to fly in/out. They could be forced to go into 2 weeks quarantine first. GWS and Crows are leaving WA together before lock down back to Adelaide. QLD already declared Perth a hotspot and any returned travellers go straight to hotel quarantine. Hopefully, SA will allow teams to quarantine at home, train and play each other the first week.

There could be impact on AFL pre-season too.
There could also be ramifications for the AFL pre-season if West Coast and Fremantle men’s teams are also prevented from training.

Last edited:
Are AFLW players professional enough to ask them to go into hubs for footy? A lot of them seem to have other jobs

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know. It does make things difficult. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. But GWS were in a hub in albury/SA for a while/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back