Remove this Banner Ad

23 - jonesd.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2024
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 22, Duckworth

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
If Stewarts being used as a tall defender then surely H.Jones is the next in line fwd

I feel he could be a JJK fwd. Long limbs, agile and eventually build that power and strength in a few year plus has the tank to continue leading

He’s got a lot of weight to add to get to that size, JJK would be north of 100kg pretty comfortably I’d have thought

Jones doesn’t look like he’d have the frame to carry that kind of weight, I wouldn’t think too many KPF’s these days do though given the running volumes.
maybe tom lynch from Adelaide

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
It's not particularly important but re Jone's height, I'd say he's 196/197cm which is what he was originally listed at.

He looks closer in size to Francis, albeit a bit taller, than he does to the bigger guys.

I'd say the 200cm calls have come from the expectation that he was 194cm which would put him at the same level (to an onlooker) as the likes of Hurley, Ambrose, Ridley and Francis who are all about 6"3 to the eye as they blend in with the likes of Laverde, Langford and Gleeson. In reality Jones has always been noticeably taller which is why I'd say it looks like he has grown. Remember, we hadn't see the players in the flesh for about 10 months.

Jones is about the same size as McBride who at 197, looks a little off the 198/200 Stewart and Hooker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only saw the last quarter of the live stream but gee this guy caught my eye. Looks like a heck of a specimen. Tall and agile, moves beautifully
In the commentary Cal seems to think he's debut in round 1 too.

Post-game interview:

He even said "learning". In a grammatically correct way. :eekv1::cautiousv1:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back