The football video games thread

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
After 3 successful seasons at Lyon where I got 2 Ligue 1 titles and 2 French Cups I decided it was time to move on. Not a heap of jobs available so I took the punt at went to China and signed for Guangzhou. It's mid-season but during the transfer window. I've got 120m to spend but unfortunately there's so many restrictions in the league that I can only make two signings for now. The gulf in class between the local players and the overseas players is massive. My foreigners are 4-5 stars and then locals are 1-3 stars max.

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I didn’t get the new FM - I hadn’t had 20 long enough to justify it.

I’m curious though, is the first season rona’d in terms of the timing of it? And is there an option to shut fans out?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams

I’m curious though, is the first season rona’d in terms of the timing of it? And is there an option to shut fans out?

Only thing Rona related is the rules around subs. Which is great having the chance to name extended benches and make 5 subs

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal

Corona is not in the game at all.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
After 3 successful seasons at Lyon where I got 2 Ligue 1 titles and 2 French Cups I decided it was time to move on. Not a heap of jobs available so I took the punt at went to China and signed for Guangzhou. It's mid-season but during the transfer window. I've got 120m to spend but unfortunately there's so many restrictions in the league that I can only make two signings for now. The gulf in class between the local players and the overseas players is massive. My foreigners are 4-5 stars and then locals are 1-3 stars max.
After taking over midway through the season in 6th, 8 points off top spot with 12 games to go. I have won 11 in a row and go into the final day needing just a point to win the title. My one signing Suphanat Mueanta a young Thai striker who I bought off Lyon has scored 14 goals in 10 games. I think I'll leave after winning the title and will take him with me!

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
After taking over midway through the season in 6th, 8 points off top spot with 12 games to go. I have won 11 in a row and go into the final day needing just a point to win the title. My one signing Suphanat Mueanta a young Thai striker who I bought off Lyon has scored 14 goals in 10 games. I think I'll leave after winning the title and will take him with me!
In true FM fashion I lose my first game in charge of Guanzhou with a 92nd min own goal. Elsewhere luckily SIPG conceded a 92 min goal to Beijing to only win 5-2 meaning we finish equal on GD but we are crowned champions with a better H2H record

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
In true FM fashion I lose my first game in charge of Guanzhou with a 92nd min own goal. Elsewhere luckily SIPG conceded a 92 min goal to Beijing to only win 5-2 meaning we finish equal on GD but we are crowned champions with a better H2H record
Classic FM. Although usually the other team wins and you lose the title.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Could you imagine a title being lost and won literally in the same minute you concede an OG
I won the EPL in stoppage time last season, 92nd min after the opposition GK put in a cracking performance. Sergio Gomez of all people scored a header lol.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I won the EPL in stoppage time last season, 92nd min after the opposition GK put in a cracking performance. Sergio Gomez of all people scored a header lol.
At least with that you realised you won. I was left broken after last minute OG. Only to see celebrations at the full time whistle because of the goal in Beijing to make it 5-2 there

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Won nothing last season, United too good in the league, they also won the CL (I lost in quarters to PSG), United beat me in the FA Cup too in the 5th round or something I think.

Here are some regens I have signed since my last post

Wanted better quality on my wings - ESR and Nelson weren't up to it, and now I have five-six elite wingers. 57m from Atalanta (who are smashing it with regens)

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.29.05 am.png

47.5m (rising to 62m with add ons) for an 18 year old (at the time) was a lot of money, but you can see he is going to be quality, versatile too if needed.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.29.16 am.png

My very own transfer saga. I unsettled him in Jan, they listed him for 85m. I went back and forth, didn't want to pay what they did. Left it for a few months, price had gone up to 92m. Had many a bid countered, ended up getting him for 80m with add ons. Young, already HG, and is capable of many different roles in the middle.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.29.29 am.png

Leno just turned 35 and I felt like he cost me quite a few goals last season, thought it was time to move him on. Training him on his reflexes, but his mental stats are great which is a huge plus.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.30.02 am.png

Had a big clear out this off season, also have my former backup keeper going for circa 20m. Had 145m at the start of the season. Average age of the squad is 24 and my oldest player is Bellerin at 32.

Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.50.32 am.png

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
lol you can only negotiate with 5 players at a time. The ******* arrows. Negotiations. A lot of things.
Yeah they need to take the random form out of PES. Auba scored a hat trick then next week he was down. The 5 player things is lame too but the gameplay is so much better than FIFa

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah they need to take the random form. Auba scored a hat trick then next week he was down. The 5 player things is lame too but the gameplay is so much better
..than FIFA do you mean?

I like PES a lot too, but there are a lot of things that still need fixing.

Oh, refereeing is horrendous too.

It's almost impossible on the higher difficulty levels too.

May 14, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Juventus, Arsenal, OKC, Avalanche
..than FIFA do you mean?

I like PES a lot too, but there are a lot of things that still need fixing.

Oh, refereeing is horrendous too.

It's almost impossible on the higher difficulty levels too.
Yeah than FIFA. The reffing hasn’t been that bad for me. I play on legendary and I’m sitting fifth. I like that I can pass it around until the gap is there and then thread it through but I can also counter or whip in a cross. I find FIFA just doesn’t feel realistic in that way. The tempo is too frenetic.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yeah than FIFA. The reffing hasn’t been that bad for me. I play on legendary and I’m sitting fifth. I like that I can pass it around until the gap is there and then thread it through but I can also counter or whip in a cross. I find FIFA just doesn’t feel realistic in that way. The tempo is too frenetic.
I still have 20 and gave myself the most money and signed virtually anyone I wanted. I do like how different style players feel differently EG Guendouzi and Ozil feel like completely different players

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Before this week I don't think I'd played FM since before xmas. 18 years into my save, and 2 years after joining Liverpool (so Dec 2036) I was sooooooo bored of the save. But having already gotten Bradford City to dominance I didn't really have an inclination do it again with a Vanarama North or South team; I've also tried and become pissed off with an A-League save where, stupidly, my Victory team were good enough to win the ACL and get within 1-0 of Barcelona, but would then lose a ridiculous A-League final. So I couldn't really think of a reason to turn it on, cos I couldn't figure out anything I wanted to do.

Anyway, I plugged away this week with what is now the Liverpool save. Interesting season actually. The first game I played in 6 weeks was the League Cup Final, which I lost to Arsenal. I was pretty comfortably 3-6 points ahead in the League for most of the 2nd half of the season, although it ended up closer than it should've. Arsenal were a point behind me, but they had literally 1 goal ahead of me on goal difference (the goal that cost my best ever regen the golden boot) - so if they'd drawn and I'd lost they could've won the league by a goal.

We played Arsenal again in the FA Cup, which we won on pens. We played Arsenal yet again in the Champions League which we dominated 3-0. And with that, I was ready to pack it in. Until I realised that we were only a few weeks away from the Club World Cup, which I'd won 8 years earlier with Bradford City. We made it to the final, we lost our elite striker (best ever regen) and our only decent GK (cos I'm a badass who only carries 1) in training 2 days before, and we lost the final to... guess who? Arsenal!

I'd won the Super Cup and the Community Shield, so it was almost a perfect season but for the League Cup and Club World Cup (or season + 1 week).

I was done with the save... but then I decided "hmmm... maybe here's where I use the coach profile and ability I've built to go win the A-League." So, having won everything, I engineered a resignation from Liverpool over their refusal to sign a player we didn't even need, and waited for an A-League opportunity to express interest in.

But... after 2 weeks of unemployment? Barca's manager quit to take my post at Liverpool, and they'd offered me an interview. What was I going to do? Of course you interview with Barca! I got the job... it was only then that I realised that their squad is positively ancient. It makes their current real life squad look like U23s. So, despite scouting being one of my favourite parts of the game, I've actually had a really rubbish evening trying to rapid-scout a whole new team with much, much less money than you'd expect Barca to have.

Back