News Review into racism at Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta say, the presser performance was even worse than I thought it would be

Do they do a dry run of these before going on camera?
I’m sickened by Eddie’s attempt to spin this. Not sure where to from here.

Harry is a flog, I hope he’s never welcomed backed to the club again. If this details our season then everyone can get farmed!

What a disgrace, I’ve been part of these reviews...’the victim’ gets to make outlandish statements, the accused has to provide evidence to defend the claims. Obviously in these situations it’s hard to provide evidence so we were always going to be tarnished.

I’ve no doubt that by today’s standard inappropriate things were said, but that was the norm back then. Doesn’t mean people are racist it means they are politically incorrect...play on and * off Harry you piece of sht

This just has the makings of ANOTHER year shrouded in controversy.

We’ve got this issue that doesn’t need to go away, it actually needs to be properly addressed. Eddie’s farewell tour, Bucks last yr of a contract, injuries already piling up.

Can’t think of a time in recent years we just had a normal run at it.

Hopefully, the club is not going to allow itself to be pressured into fulfilling diversity quotas.
This was posted by Ron The Bear on the main board. Surprised me as I had led myself to believe that we would be at the bottom, so I don't believe we will do that. Further we have bid on players but not been successfull.

Interesting to look at the number of Aboriginal representatives for each club since McGuire took over (Collingwood had zero at the time, and only two prior):

31 Fremantle
28 Port Adelaide
22 West Coast
18 Adelaide, Essendon, Melbourne
17 Brisbane
16 North Melbourne, Richmond
15 Gold Coast, Hawthorn, St.Kilda
14 Collingwood, Western Bulldogs
13 Carlton, Geelong
11 Sydney
8 GWS

Comments that the authors of the report are 'radicals' is rank rubbish. Grow the f*** up.

Ed looked amateur, bamboozled.

I don't want him taking up any further time trying to redeem himself and his legacy at the expense of the club, but we're stuck with him for now and that's that.

Unfortunate.

And you don't think the senior coach has a role to play in implementing systems so players don't feel discriminated against or treated poorly? How do you think Buckley treated Maine?

The coach might have input, but he's not in football admin. He's there to coach, not to design appropriate feedback and response systems for internal issues at the club.

Oh, and it's not Maine, it's Mayne.

Don't want to Collingwood bash here and make one club the scapegoat but that disaster of a press conference proves exactly how the culture came to be. I cannot understand how Eddie's farewell tour can continue. Wishing the magpie faithful the best with your next president.

Sorry not a collingwood supporter and not meaning to troll. But is Eddie McGuire actually serious? This would have to be the worst press conference I have heard. I actually can't believe they are using the word 'proud'. Not sure I would be.

Not saying other clubs are without blame, but it seems bizarre.

He thinks everyone has to Kiss his Ass.

He is Dickhead that needs to get the Boot

Harry is a flog, I hope he’s never welcomed backed to the club again. If this details our season then everyone can get farmed!

What a disgrace, I’ve been part of these reviews...’the victim’ gets to make outlandish statements, the accused has to provide evidence to defend the claims. Obviously in these situations it’s hard to provide evidence so we were always going to be tarnished.

I’ve no doubt that by today’s standard inappropriate things were said, but that was the norm back then. Doesn’t mean people are racist it means they are politically incorrect...play on and **** off Harry you piece of sht

Heritier didn't take part in the review, but I'm sure he appreciates your charming consideration.

I’ve no doubt that by today’s standard inappropriate things were said, but that was the norm back then. Doesn’t mean people are racist it means they are politically incorrect...play on and **** off Harry you piece of sht
Dumbest post in the history of big footy.
Ignorance beyond the absolute measure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to Collingwood bash here and make one club the scapegoat but that disaster of a press conference proves exactly how the culture came to be. I cannot understand how Eddie's farewell tour can continue. Wishing the magpie faithful the best with your next president.

Culture at our Club is a Joke

Grundy....reading this tirade proves that you are part of the problem at Collingwood. Have a good look at yourself and retract your racist insinuation. (Typo error)

Dickhead. Syd Jackson himself has openly admitted he lied about being racially vilified. He had no reason to justify hitting Adamson and cast a slur on his character to ensure he'd escape sanction.

What was Buckley's role in creating this culture?

Wrong question. Should be asking what is Buckley's role in ensuring we do better in this space as a club moving forward.

The difference in the quality of Mark Anderson's/Peter Murphy's and then Eddie's answers are staggering.

Administrators v journalist... Things will feel very different once we have a president with an executive background.

I literally caught the final 30 seconds and was extremely impressed with how Sizer spoke.

Fair enough, I guess I am a little more open to believe that it is objective as I would love to move on from not recognising racism is wrong and it sadly exists not only in the sporting clubs but amongst supporters.

I also don't mind unlike some that Jodie Sizer (am actually liking her responses) is there given she is a member of the Integrity Committee.

"Expert bias" is a very real psychologically recognized issue that has spawned a lot of research, particularly in legal circles.

In my opinion it's highly likely that there was only one way these "experts" were ever going to report this.

A proper approach would have been to have equal unbiased representatives, and also a secret research report (see below):

1612156377243.png
1612156303040.png
1612156336381.png

"Expert bias" is a very real psychologically recognized issue that has spawned a lot of research, particularly in legal circles.

In my opinion is highly likely that there was only one way these "experts" were ever going to report this.

A proper approach would have been to have equal unbiased representatives, and also a secret research report (see below):

View attachment 1049202
View attachment 1049198
View attachment 1049201

Please save this for the main board. Leave us be.

You’re a vile human.

Are there any PR geniuses on this board who might be able to deconstruct what just happened and explain any possible rationale for Eddie taking the route that he did with the answers?

Surely if you didn't have any key announceables there was no point even holding that press conference?

Board full of Yes Men

Culture at our Club is a Joke
Maybe 'was' as it seems to me they are trying to do something about it.

I didn't mind what Murphy and Sizer were saying.

Also I don't think we are the only club that has had issues (Richmond/Chol groping), just that we are one of the biggest and fair game for the media and opposition supporters.

Why should Mark Anderson or Jodie Sizer resign when the review found that "Significant, positive steps have occurred in recent years with the appointment of a First Nations board member, the opportunity for renewed leadership under a new CEO, a range of focused initiatives and the introduction of updated policies in 2020."

Exactly. Equally, why should Ed resign just because the report he commissioned hasn't been released as per the needs of a few BF posters. He's also driven much of those more recent changes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back