Player Watch Pick #12 (2018) - Zak Butters

Remove this Banner Ad

Guys looking like becoming seriously good . By all reports he’s attacking pre season , reckon the lad was born to play footy
He is really talented we know, but its his attitude & mental approach that is so great & sets him apart from other good players ... He certainly has the potential to be great if his career keeps following this trajectory.

What brilliant spotting by Robbie Gray!

He is really talented we know, but its his attitude & mental approach that is so great & sets him apart from other good players ... He certainly has the potential to be great if his career keeps following this trajectory.

What brilliant spotting by Robbie Gray!
He likes Robbie. Did you see him clinging to Robbie after he kicked the winning goal against Carlton. :)

There was an article on Port's 2018 draft in the tiser that detailed Port's visit to Butters at Bacchus Marsh. There was a mini-oval with goal posts built next to the house. Butters explained how he would spend all day and night kicking the football on the oval with his passion and love of the game overwhelming. When Cripps left he looked back through the front window of the house and Zak still had his arm in a sling from the operation at this stage and he was throwing the footy up with his other hand while he was sitting on the couch.

The kid lives and breathes footy.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/01/31/the-power-young-gun-who-is-a-no-brainer-for-a-breakout-2021/

Port Adelaide assistant Brett Montgomery has identified the player who he believes will break out in 2021.
While youngster Zak Butters may have already broken out in his two years with the Power, Montgomery is backing him to elevate himself from a good player to a very good player this season.
“It’s probably a no-brainer for me, Zak Butters,” he said on Sportsday SA.
“But it’s probably not going out on a limb either, because of the improvement he showed last year.
“The skillset that he has and the game sense that he possesses, I just don’t see him not producing and not improving at the same rate.
“I’ve got an enormous amount of faith, as the other coaches do.
“He’s a real favourite down at Alberton, no doubt.”

High praise

addit: trying to paste a link to “Buzz about Butters 15/2/21”.

basically Kornes saying that people at the club are rating Butters’ potential similar to Ablett Jr and Wanganeen and above Rozee and Gray.

G

High praise

basically Kornes saying that people at the club are rating Butters’ potential similar to Ablett Jr and Wanganeen and above Rozee and Gray.
Praise the Lord it seems 😂

High praise

So basically the best footballer of all time. Sounds ok to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must be working hard indeed, he looks closer to 30 than 13 almost overnight.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Listening to him speak, he is already sounding very mature for his age too. Certainly seems intent on making the most of his career.

High praise

No pressure at all kid, one has a grandstand named after him, & the other is the ‘son of god’.

Your daily reminder:

Pick 5: Connor Rozee
Pick 9: Chayce Jones
Pick 12: Zak Butters
Pick 16: Ned McHenry
Pick 18: Xavier Duursma

j.png

Last edited:
Must be working hard indeed, he looks closer to 30 than 13 almost overnight.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Ahhh the Paul Chapman diet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back