Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie..." this is a great day for the Pies..."

Think Capt Cook said the same thing landing it Botany Bay

Didnt age so well on this front.

Might want to think a little harder.

On a more serious note _ i get what he is saying. Need to address the issues and fix them. I respect that.

However, you cant just ignore the last 100 years and say from now on we are the leaders and getting it right.

Look forward sure - but pay homage to the past and especially those that were done wrong by it. And he's missed that completely it seems.

GO CAtters

On a more serious note _ i get what he is saying. Need to address the issues and fix them. I respect that.

However, you cant just ignore the last 100 years and say from now on we are the leaders and getting it right.

Look forward sure - but pay homage to the past and especially those that were done wrong by it. And he's missed that completely it seems.

GO CAtters
Would gladly put money against the truth of anything that comes out of Mr McGuire's mouth. Zero credibility.

Agree, the man is a great self promoter, but a shithouse apologiser.
It's so transparently about moving the narrative every time. Just acknowledge to problem for exactly one sentence, then dismiss it a having been solved, slap each other on the back having done nothing, then migrate to undermining the initial problem. Goodes all over again. Makes me sick

GO CAtters

I respect Cook a lot more than McGuire to be honest.

Now it is time for football clubs, led by the AFL, to conduct a review into sexism, misogyny and homophobia. They would be as rampant as racism.

Put Andrew O'Keefe in charge of the domestic violence arm. Worked well last time.
Strangely enough it appears that CH 7 have wasted no time in dealing with the O'Keefe matter. At this stage he has not been found guilty. Strangely enough the AFL and the Collingwood Football Club have not dealt with the de Goey matter in the same way. Nor did they deal with the St Kilda matter of some years ago.

Strangely enough it appears that CH 7 have wasted no time in dealing with the O'Keefe matter. At this stage he has not been found guilty. Strangely enough the AFL and the Collingwood Football Club have not dealt with the de Goey matter in the same way. Nor did they deal with the St Kilda matter of some years ago.
On the Sounding Board podcast with Hutchy and Damo this week they mentioned O'Keefe is passing. It may not be his first 'off field' issue going on what they were saying. In general they were saying how good the TV PR departments have been in covering up issues, and he was mentioned as an example.

The other thing to note with O'Keefe is that he was out of contract with 7 at the end of last year and it seems uncertain if they were going to renew his contract - not sure if this was necessarily the final nail in the coffin or if that decision has already been made but this made it easier for 7 to go public on cutting ties with O'Keefe

The other thing to note with O'Keefe is that he was out of contract with 7 at the end of last year and it seems uncertain if they were going to renew his contract - not sure if this was necessarily the final nail in the coffin or if that decision has already been made but this made it easier for 7 to go public on cutting ties with O'Keefe
Yes he seems that his Contractw as severed last year. The issue now for CH 7 is if he is found guilty do they play the pr-recorded episodes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found this on a thread on the main board where clubs have been given a Misery Index score. This is from a Carlton fan

Haven' 'ignored' anything - Geelong were certainly the best side of that time- bigger/stronger/faster and bigger again are the words that come to mind - way way way ahead of every other side in the competition as far as team fitness and strength and speed all over the park - amazing huh ....just amazing the sports 'scientist' and 'conditioner' employed there by BomberT certainly knew what they were doing...so far ahead of every other team's fitness regime...

I guess if 'whatever it takes' to make fans happy is fair - then Geelong fans should be happy.

Not very subtle, but also ironic that Carlton fans have the temerity to accuse other clubs of cheating when their last flag came from blatant salary cap rorting.

Found this on a thread on the main board where clubs have been given a Misery Index score. This is from a Carlton fan

Not very subtle, but also ironic that Carlton fans have the temerity to accuse other clubs of cheating when their last flag came from blatant salary cap rorting.
Also ironic it was on a misery index thread, cause that's one miserable little flog :drunk:

Carltank supporters are a special bunch... Ice enjoyed smashing them over such a long period, there is a part of them that still thinks they are relevant lol

Bit of foreboding going on in the crows preview thread:

"This will be like the red wedding but if they knew it was coming and still turned up"

Eeeeesh. Not confident over there
:D

Seriously...first round, anything can happen.

Oh yeah for sure, take nothing for granted, just pointing out that it's like watching the conversation at a funeral over there

Noticed the same thing. Real white flag stuff.

They are a chance if we turn up with our complacent attitude towards average sides.

Noticed the same thing. Real white flag stuff.

They are a chance if we turn up with our complacent attitude towards average sides.
Plus the short turnaround from the GF, the wholesale change in strategy we'll need to support new personnel etc. Probably belongs in the preview thread but I think they'll be competitive for the first half

No need to pick out any specific remark. Just look for everything not said by one of us.

Page one and Back One Out proving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back