Eagles get cosy

Remove this Banner Ad

does the father son rule only kick in when one player has played the 100 games, or could it be a total of 100 games across both parents to qualify :think:

Would equally apply with the advent of AFLW too
Honestly the father/son rule is interesting in cases where children are not biologically related to their player parents. I believe the whole point of F/S was so the offspring of champion players can hopefully inherit some of their parents sporting genetics and play well for the same club, something that's unique to the AFL. Its a bit redundant imo if the rule applied to children not biologically linked to the player parent.

If that is what they want to do then why should people sit in judgement ??

If two adults want to have consensual sex then that is between them and the snooping internet should butt out.

For all I know, you may root goats but that is your business, not mine.
Leave my goats out of this
Oh no. Gay people exist.

Who gives a sh*t.
Personally I couldn't give 2 hoots about them being gay/homosexual or what ever tag floats your boat. The point of the first post was about supposedly scandalous shenanigans within the West Coast club.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

considering hurn is 33 and never had a gf or wife I would not be surprised in the slightest
found this quote from his dad that puts that into perspective:

'My analogy is the big flyboys flying the aeroplanes,” his SA-based farming father William said. “Some like to get their captain’s hat on and be up the front and parade around and get all the girls, and some like to be chief engineer.

“I think that’s Shannon.”

Isn't Darren Glass quite religious? Nttawwt as long as you're not trying to shove it down everyone's throat.

You are making the running, get that over the back fence from Muriel? So what is the religion allegation?
Give Cleanaway* a call, they collect rubbish ... even toxic stuff.

* they dont buy rubbish.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's something a bit weird about him, like it wouldn't surprise me if he's into Qanon etc. The way he was brown nosing Julie Bishop after we won the flag was a lil suss.
He said 'vote Greens' once to Roaming Brian' so wouldn't think he'd be a Qanon guy... He defo could be gay tho

Don't really care true or not, its between them and it sucks for Glass' wife who has possibly been cheated on.

Bunga is a lovely guy. Good for Darren.

Oh no. Gay people exist.

Who gives a sh*t.

Why would glass leave even if that even happened? What is the issue, I don’t understand.

Sounds BS to me.

I'd say it's because one person is on the list, the other was the list manager. Conflict of interest perhaps?

It's interesting the difference in sentiment/tone people have here compared to when salacious or inappropriate behaviour occurs in the workplace between men and women. Simon Lethlean anyone? It's much like when a young male is sexually abused by a teacher, compared to if a young female is; the two get reported completely different and public sentiment is rarely aligned.

For one, Darren Glass is married so there is that. Secondly, Glass is obviously in a 'position of power' in this instance and is the 'older man' which oft gets reported when these stories hit the news.

Replace Hurn with a young, female staff member in this rumour and I doubt you get many of the opinions or attitudes shown in this thread.

Last edited:
I'd say it's because one person is on the list, the other was the list manager. Conflict of interest perhaps?
Given Hurn is probably in his last year of AFL and has an existing contract from before Glass became list manager, I doubt if any of this was true that Glass would be given the boot for a COI.

Given Hurn is probably in his last year of AFL and has an existing contract from before Glass became list manager, I doubt if any of this was true that Glass would be given the boot for a COI.

Valid, but playing devil's advocate, fast forward to the end of '21, if it was a line ball decision on a one year contract extension, would it be a conflict then for the list manager?

I heard rumours about Woodside and offering Fyfe's immmediate family high paying jobs for his signature, was off to the Saints otherwise, absolutely everyone does it, will lol if we're the ones who cop sh*t from the AFL for it.
Pavlich is a long-term Woodside employee, remains one to this day.

It's interesting the difference in sentiment/tone people have here compared to when salacious or inappropriate behaviour occurs in the workplace between men and women. Simon Lethlean anyone? It's much like when a young male is sexually abused by a teacher, compared to if a young female is; the two get reported completely different and public sentiment is rarely aligned.

For one, Darren Glass is married so there is that. Secondly, Glass is obviously in a 'position of power' in this instance and is the 'older man' which oft gets reported when these stories hit the news.

Replace Hurn with a young, female staff member in this rumour and I doubt you get many of the opinions or attitudes shown in this thread.

Except hurn isn’t a young female staff member and glass isn’t his boss.

Nor is he under age and being abused so your comparisons are not valid. Hurn is a man in his 30s. So it’s treated differently because it is different.

Glass being married has nothing to do with it. His wife doesn’t work for eagles. May be proven wrong.

I think it’s all BS anyway. He went to a CEO position. Forced to leave plus a CEO position lands in his lap just like that? Yeah ok.

I think it is what it is on face value. Glass quit his job to go to another. I have quit a job before and it wasn’t because I was involved with office girls.

Although I had a female boss in mid 20s whom I wished she took advantage of me. Good god. But alas not to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back