News Carlton Football Club: Debt free and record membership.

Email from MLG:

The Board has ratified a management recommendation that saw the Club’s remaining $4 million of historical debt paid immediately. We have also informed the AFL that we will no longer be a financially assisted club of the competition.

This is the first time the Club has been debt free since 1996 and successfully ticks off the first of the 10 key targets that were outlined in the Club’s strategic plan, launched in 2019.

Fittingly, the historic milestone comes as 67,036 members of the Carlton family have signed on for 2021, surpassing the Club’s membership record for a fourth consecutive year.

This year, Carlton members have smashed the record just one week into the AFLW season and with still 45 days until the opening bounce of the 2021 AFL season.

The incredible show of faith by Carlton members has allowed the Club to now find itself in its strongest off-field position in more than two decades.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

Email from MLG:

The Board has ratified a management recommendation that saw the Club’s remaining $4 million of historical debt paid immediately. We have also informed the AFL that we will no longer be a financially assisted club of the competition.

This is the first time the Club has been debt free since 1996 and successfully ticks off the first of the 10 key targets that were outlined in the Club’s strategic plan, launched in 2019.

Fittingly, the historic milestone comes as 67,036 members of the Carlton family have signed on for 2021, surpassing the Club’s membership record for a fourth consecutive year.

This year, Carlton members have smashed the record just one week into the AFLW season and with still 45 days until the opening bounce of the 2021 AFL season.

The incredible show of faith by Carlton members has allowed the Club to now find itself in its strongest off-field position in more than two decades.

Well now we know where all those BigFooty advertising dollars are going at least.

But good for CFC to get in to that position, I think we're seeing a few clubs now start to get their off-field business affairs in order.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I won’t get into a slandering match like some of my Carlton counterparts (re Essendon)

It’s good to see Carlton get there off field house in order. Have steadily built back up and reminded themselves they can be one of the true powerhouse clubs of the AFL.

With off field success’, most would hope it resonates to on field success.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Email from MLG:

The devil is in the detail: paid off $4mil of historic debt.

Good on the Blues, signs that the old VFL clubs that have battled with the national concept are getting their stuff together off field, has to be good for footy.

The devil is in the detail: paid off $4mil of historic debt.

Good on the Blues, signs that the old VFL clubs that have battled with the national concept are getting their stuff together off field, has to be good for footy.

By 'national concept', you mean the AFL taxing Vic clubs through stadium deals far worse than anyone else gets in order to pay for the expansion?

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Whats this Carlton news? Like who cares? Shouldn't it be on the Carlton board? Who legit cares? I mean wasn't this the 'great' Carlton? You are celebrating a membership number basically half the afl hit 5 years ago and posting it on the main board as 'news'- isn't there a forum for club business news anyway? And the debt thing? Like, is this meant to warm my heart? Hearing North got out of debt with no Bruce Matheson and VISY help, pokies would be pretty cool. The fact Carlton have BEEN in debt since 1996 is actually astoundingly bad. I just suppose I gotta get used to the fact Carlton don't celebrate premierships anymore.

Other than a cheeky dig at Collingwood, just seems oddly out of place. 🤷‍♂️

Other than a cheeky dig at Collingwood, just seems oddly out of place. 🤷‍♂️

Funnily enough, so do you.

Do you have a similarly embarrassing melt in every thread you supposedly don't care about? Or has something about this one in particular really knocked you off your feet?

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Funnily enough, so do you.

Do you have a similarly embarrassing melt in every thread you supposedly don't care about? Or has something about this one in particular really knocked you off your feet?
Oh yeah, I just dont get how it's on the main board when there's a Carlton board. I mean just cause y'all moderators doesn't mean you aint gotta get called out for double standards. I mean, the only thing embarressing here is what you guys are 'celebrating', waiting for the '10th place finish 2021 yay' thread 😂

Oh yeah, I just dont get how it's on the main board when there's a Carlton board. I mean just cause y'all moderators doesn't mean you aint gotta get called out for double standards. I mean, the only thing embarressing here is what you guys are 'celebrating', waiting for the '10th place finish 2021 yay' thread 😂

Time for a lie down mate. Must've been a pretty busy afternoon on the drink.

Id like

Richmond Football Club: Debt Free, 100k and Back to Back

Started from you, thanks ❤
So you want to start a thread about old news, for which there are other threads? Why?

Back