FTA-TV The Office: US or UK?

I think they are 2 part episodes and some streaming services decide to stream them as the one episode.

Season 4 started with 4 hour long episodes (40 minute run time) because thats what NBC requested at the time.

Season 4 also had the writers strike which cut the season short

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love the scene in the UK version with the guys running the motivational sessions

DB ' what sort of bunse am I looking at '
Redhead guy ' what er? '
DB rubs fingers together....' Bunsen burner nice little earner'
Redhead guy ' well ..'
DB ' you know bunse .....hence the ' .....rubs fingers together again

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Finished all 9 seasons, couldn't stop watching, it's a fantastic series. Dropped a little in 8 and 9 but ended great.

Dwight and Creed my favorite characters. I'll smash out the UK version now.
In rewatching the US version the last week or two. Just finished season 3. FMD Michael Scott is an awkward bastard. Phyllis wedding is a corker for how awkward he is.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
In rewatching the US version the last week or two. Just finished season 3. FMD Michael Scott is an awkward bastard. Phyllis wedding is a corker for how awkward he is.

Yep, I don't think I've ever yelled at a character to not do something, and you know he's going to do it before the show has even hinted at it. Brilliant.

Finished all 9 seasons, couldn't stop watching, it's a fantastic series. Dropped a little in 8 and 9 but ended great.

Creed is just so funny. His best work was when he covered up a massive mistake he made. Quality assurance? From memory.

How can a character with so few lines, be that funny is beyond me?

The actor deserves a lot of credit for his performance.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Creed is just so funny. His best work was when he covered up a massive mistake he made. Quality assurance? From memory.

This is Creed. He is in charge of... something

That is correct.

This is Creed. He is in charge of... something

That is correct.

Thanks boss.

Decided to relive those memories and find the actual video of it.

This is quality TV comedy.

I like how Creed actually made money from his mistake. Priceless.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

Just watched that one today. Classic

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Just watched that one today. Classic
Every week I'm supposed to take four hours and do a quality spot-check at the paper mill. And of course the one year I blow it off, this happens.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Ok so, I smashed out the UK version, I like the US version better because it was lighter, it was more fun I guess. The UK version was funny but darker, the characters were super depressed, that's what they were going for and they nailed it.

David Brent was hated more than tolerated whereas Micheal was just annoying to most of his employees, most liked him some loved him (Pam, Dwight, Erin)

Glad I watched both, I'm going to watch Parks and Rec after The Expanse.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda

Nearly at the end,its taken me a couple of months to get through all 201 episdoes, though I have seen them all before. I expected 8 and 9 to drop off alot more than they did, to my memory. There is still some very funny stuff in there.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ok so, I smashed out the UK version, I like the US version better because it was lighter, it was more fun I guess. The UK version was funny but darker, the characters were super depressed, that's what they were going for and they nailed it.

David Brent was hated more than tolerated whereas Micheal was just annoying to most of his employees, most liked him some loved him (Pam, Dwight, Erin)

Glad I watched both, I'm going to watch Parks and Rec after The Expanse.
Thats my exact memory of UK v US, about to rewatch the UK, havent even seen all of them at least once so some of it will be new. The US is way more fun lighter and funnier. The Uk, as Id expect, seems to have that kind of English dry morbid dip s**t not quite funny but amusing schtick going on. Though Gervais outside the office is a gun.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Andy Bernard is such a sh*t character - i know the actor likes to sing but its so out of place on the office - especially every freakin episode. His character is so unrealistic and just annoying the whole time.

Yeah I think he was okay at the start and started to get annoying from 7/8/9, He was probably the only character you could see acting whereas the others felt more natural, if that makes sense.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah I think he was okay at the start and started to get annoying from 7/8/9, He was probably the only character you could see acting whereas the others felt more natural, if that makes sense.
Yet he is one of the few to go onto mainstream movie roles. Yeah, go figure?
I like his character myself. The whole trreble acapella thing is pretty funny.
Maybe stretched it out a tad.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors

It's worth deep diving on the real Creed Bratton. That guy has done it all.

Sep 13, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep he was a good edition in his first few seasons then gradually become annoying to very annoying.
He did play the IVY league douchebag well.

The 'here comes treble' ep is one of his rare good ones in later seasons .

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Andy Bernard is such a sh*t character - i know the actor likes to sing but its so out of place on the office - especially every freakin episode. His character is so unrealistic and just annoying the whole time.
It was ruined when he went all SIMP like with Andrea. They replaced his balls with a vagina.

I used to like him when he lost his s**t and scared the crap out of Jim. That was priceless.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Thats my exact memory of UK v US, about to rewatch the UK, havent even seen all of them at least once so some of it will be new. The US is way more fun lighter and funnier. The Uk, as Id expect, seems to have that kind of English dry morbid dip sh*t not quite funny but amusing schtick going on. Though Gervais outside the office is a gun.

Back