Recommitted Zach Merrett [Re-Signed til 2027]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2007
The honorable loss factory
AFL Club
Carlton
I wouldn’t rule Hawthorn out as a potential target, despite likely to finish bottom six this year. Plenty of cap space to spend. Merrett would be perfect and would easily slot into a midfield that desperately needs an elite kick.

$$$$$$$
Would have thought if it's about money, post danniher, Essendon would make him the highest paid player for a season or two.

Apr 24, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Smith I would would but no to Stringer keep.

We trade Stringer and we be left only with Tippa who's capable of kicking goals.

Stringer was our leading goal kicker in 2019 and probably again in 2020 if he didn't miss half the season with an ankle injury.
I think you would struggle to find a taker for stringer anyway the blokes got talent but can’t say I’ve ever heard a teammate say a good thing about him not great for team culture that’s foreshore. I think there would be plenty of interest for smith though definitely get a late first

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think you would struggle to find a taker for stringer anyway the blokes got talent but can’t say I’ve ever heard a teammate say a good thing about him not great for team culture that’s foreshore. I think there would be plenty of interest for smith though definitely get a late first
A late first for Devon Smith? You can’t be serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Stringer holds more value than Smith, easily as well. His teammates at Essendon love him, stop talking rubbish.

I wouldn’t rule Hawthorn out as a potential target, despite likely to finish bottom six this year. Plenty of cap space to spend. Merrett would be perfect and would easily slot into a midfield that desperately needs an elite kick.

OUT:
Stratton
Smith
Henderson
Puopolo
Frawley
McEvoy
Burgoyne
Scully
Patton

$$$$$$$
I can’t see Hawthorn offering anything that Essendon couldn’t

I can’t see Hawthorn offering anything that Essendon couldn’t
Yeah I can't see him leaving for money. Success maybe, given he'll be 26 he'd be looking for a club in or near its window over the next few years.

Yeah I can't see him leaving for money. Success maybe, given he'll be 26 he'd be looking for a club in or near its window over the next few years.
Money and success Essendon and Hawthorn would be in a similar position so I can’t see him moving to Hawthorn. Instant success he may leave but Still young enough to around for Essendon to rise up

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Even if he stays he well be well compensated. He would be pushing your highest paid player and rightly so. Leave or stay he will get close to a million a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back