News Carlton Football Club: Debt free and record membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, I just dont get how it's on the main board when there's a Carlton board. I mean just cause y'all moderators doesn't mean you aint gotta get called out for double standards. I mean, the only thing embarressing here is what you guys are 'celebrating', waiting for the '10th place finish 2021 yay' thread 😂

You should read some history on the John Elliot days at Carlton.

A foundation club has scrapped and clawed their way back from
oblivion after 20 years.

Their massive supporter base has never givin up on the club.

That’s admirable

WUT AM DIS FRED ABOWT MELBUN???

Given the fixturing ride they have been given despite being hopeless, it's not overly amaz8ng.
Imagine if they got the fixture of other struggling teams
Fixturing ride?

Look at this article on Carlton on this non-Carlton website!

It's just wrong!

Given the fixturing ride they have been given despite being hopeless, it's not overly amaz8ng.

now now ..don’t be like that

HFC have had a dream run for years with their MCG games against insignificant interstate clubs.

You know..because you’re an insignificant club yourself

5 of the first 8 games in '21 are against last years finlas teams ...no 'easy' game till round 10.

It's a big achievement to pay off $7 million in debt in three years.
This. It’s a real positive start to the year for the club and supporters, definitely something to feel good about going forward.
Well done to everyone who stuck by their club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great work to all involved!
The club should seize the moment and relocate, like the Bombers and Hawks, to somewhere with lots of land and lower environmental standards.
Seymour? Moe? The world is your oyster.

5 of the first 8 games in '21 are against last years finlas teams ...no 'easy' game till round 10.
So you get high drawing games early on, in good timeslots, translating into more viewers, and sponsorship etc, the same as the past 15 years.

Carlton continually has gotten a fantastic run in the fixturing department

Your club will continue to receive the poverty tax that is levied on financially responsible clubs - so brave.

Dogs did not even need covid help. Only one of six to be on their own. Dogs are not in debt. Dogs are Pookie free.

If only the Dogs were gifted commercial fixuring like Carlton usually are (despite being so rubbish on field) and weren't forced into a s**t marvel staduim deal. We would not need compensation.

So you get high drawing games early on, in good timeslots, translating into more viewers, and sponsorship etc, the same as the past 15 years.

Remember when they'd been rubbish for years and still got given copious amounts of Friday night games?

Key planks of Carlton's strategic plan include winning premierships

giphy.gif

That succession of Friday night games when the idjot Malthouse was bought into coach was truly embarrassing. However, the AFL isn't a charity and neither was FOXTV - TV scheduling was based on the fact that Carlton - even at its worst still had top3 TV audience stats - despite20 years of nuffery the supporter base remained very large and is now being converted in membership numbers as on field performance slowly improves - the membership numbers have improved the financial situation of the club.

It will be interesting to see ( fingers crossed ) how going back to a normal quarter length combined with fewer interchanges plays out this year. I dont have particularly confident expectations about finals - would have if Charlie Curnow was playing and if I had more confidence in some of teh develping midfield talent coming through - but he won't feature in the first 8-9 games where finals are usually decided - if at all and even then - I reckon Carlton are 1-2 developed mids short of easy wins - every win for Carlton is a grind -converting entries is very poor and way too many uncontested marks are gifted to better midfields with better run - which explains the 4-5 goal turnarounds that feature.

Every team improves every year - I think Saad and Williams might make Carlton's improvement a tad better than others - what that will mean I don't know - Teague is still a new coach learning the ropes.

Dogs did not even need covid help. Only one of six to be on their own. Dogs are not in debt. Dogs are Pookie free.

If only the Dogs were gifted commercial fixuring like Carlton usually are (despite being so rubbish on field) and weren't forced into a sh*t marvel staduim deal. We would not need compensation.

Same with North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back