Remove this Banner Ad

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
I was making over 1200VC per MyCareer game from the beginning, the endorsements on top of that make it easy to get VC.

Also don't go by overalls, specific attributes and badges are all you need and they don't take long to get.

I know all that, I play every year. They've made it worse this year by reverting back to the 2k16 model of having to boost your physical stats with VC. I don't even think it's that way with last gen 21.

Then gating off the City until you rep up twice. You're still looking at playing 50 20 minute games to get a build up to decent. Or you know, pay $75.

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Yeah, he has a dynamic duo with that PD Anthony Davis. Zion is so ******* good.

Did you want some fat Luka? Well here's some fat Luka

yhog7q9wy1561.jpg

I'm back to hating this game. Though I at least know why. It's the PS4 version. It's ******* broken. In Brisbane for a few weeks and have to make do on my brother in law's PS4. It's so much more frustrating to play. I have ruby Chris Paul constantly blowing by my PD Davis, yet I can lock down GO Wade. And the rubber banding is more prominent.

These LeBron challenges have been painful.

GO Baron Davis is pot luck. Two required cards hidden in grinding online modes (which I ******* hate) and missed out on PD AI in the locker codes.

Season of Giving my ass.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
What is the verdict on this on next gen? Graphically worth it? I am tossing up between NBA or FIFA , my series X due to arrive tomorrow.

Managed to pull GO Davis on the weekend. Went through a 20 pack and got 1 single shake, the Amy. Then was pissed off at how poor the packs were so I chucked open a 10 pack and got Davis on the 7th pack opening.

My only query now is whether to sell or keep. I feel like I could get more out of selling him than using him, but having a GO card is epic as it stands too.
What is the verdict on this on next gen? Graphically worth it? I am tossing up between NBA or FIFA , my series X due to arrive tomorrow.
Next-Gen is drastically different as a game. Graphically it's top of the class (seriously go look at old-gen to next-gen visuals and I don't know how we coped with what was on old gen!), gameplay wise it's so beautifully smooth.

FIFA is really just a minor update/upgrade. Although can be grabbed for cheap from various places.

NBA 2K21 has my vote though.

Managed to pull GO Davis on the weekend. Went through a 20 pack and got 1 single shake, the Amy. Then was pissed off at how poor the packs were so I chucked open a 10 pack and got Davis on the 7th pack opening.

My only query now is whether to sell or keep. I feel like I could get more out of selling him than using him, but having a GO card is epic as it stands too.

Next-Gen is drastically different as a game. Graphically it's top of the class (seriously go look at old-gen to next-gen visuals and I don't know how we coped with what was on old gen!), gameplay wise it's so beautifully smooth.

FIFA is really just a minor update/upgrade. Although can be grabbed for cheap from various places.

NBA 2K21 has my vote though.
Had 100k VC from the Kobe Edition that I've just had sitting there, thought I'd give it a go for GO AD, particularly given the PDs are quite good too. Opened a box of 10, best I did was 2 Ralph's and an Amy Lillard. Not even a ******* Diamond. The pack odds are just garbage. I'd actually be happy to pay $30 every month or so if it wasn't such bullshit. I've only ever got 3 Diamonds from free packs and nothing better.

I'm currently grinding for GO Antawn Jamison. Have about 8 games to go. Will be my first GO.

It's much more enjoyable on Next Gen! The CPU doesn't cheese it as much and the rubber banding isn't as noticeable. Graphics are a step up for sure.

Galaxy Opal Antawn Jamison get in my team!!

2kdb-lineup (2).jpeg

Have about 200k. Think I'll look to replace Giannis with the PD version. This Diamond has 34 gold badges though and is a beast so need the PD one to be badged up too, otherwise it'll be a downgrade.

Probably need to replace my centers next. Looking at Embiid, Cousins and Shaq, but they're all still pretty pricey.

Then maybe look at PG13 for Glenn.

Or I'll look at other top tier cards that are un-hyped like Oscar and Danny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeggLog

Draftee
Feb 1, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Got it from EB for $39...Still a disappointing game on so many levels....For $39
I feel for the few Mycareer Players left....2k made is super hard to stay interested. Have played 39 games and im over it

May 29, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
In terms of gameplay, it's way too arcadey. Defence is non existent. Fades and contact dunks are way too easy. 6'7 PFs dominate the game and are faster than guards.

I've stopped playing and won't be picking it back up.

On SM-G970W using BigFooty.com mobile app

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In terms of gameplay, it's way too arcadey. Defence is non existent. Fades and contact dunks are way too easy. 6'7 PFs dominate the game and are faster than guards.

I've stopped playing and won't be picking it back up.

On SM-G970W using BigFooty.com mobile app
The whole game is a money making scheme, and the best way to target the largest amount of plebs who are willing to fork out cash for what is basically a NBA-themed virtual pokie machine is to make the gameplay accessible to the biggest audience.

1616986768984.png

D Rob is the first season reward I've gotten. PG13 the only one I've gotten from buying packs (was going for DM Jordan). Jordan, Giannis, Jimmy and Hakeem I picked up from working the Auction house. Oscar and Reddish have Diamond contracts which is why they're still in.

I'd like to get Magic and bump Ohl to the bench. Can't be ****ed trying to get my MT up to buy him though.

Probably won't play as much this season. I wouldn't mind getting Roy/Unseld/Daniels but those grinds on HoF are a struggle for me. Played a Mystery Dom where I ran into an open net with DRob, my dunk somehow bounced off the rim, then Luka greens a contested 3 in my face.

Picked up Magic (Pantheon one not the Hero) for 130k. Now I'm broke. Have about 70k MT. Worth it though, he's been a beast in the Mystery Doms.

Running a 5(6)-man line up for the Doms - Magic, GO Jordan, Antawn, Retro Giannis and DRob (rotate Hakeem in and out of PF/C). Using Antawn over PG13 as he has a diamond contract and I expect to drop a few games. Going ok so far, have won 6 out of 7, but they've all been pretty sweaty.

Thinking of selling Butler and PG13 and picking them up again later, hopefully when they're cheaper.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
The whole game is a money making scheme, and the best way to target the largest amount of plebs who are willing to fork out cash for what is basically a NBA-themed virtual pokie machine is to make the gameplay accessible to the biggest audience.
Was tempted to get it for when my mate come around. It has turned into a gimmick. Just look on here to see the fact that it's turned into a trading card style game vs a MyCareer type game.

Mar 13, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
I feel better reading this thread. This game is genuinely f’ed. It's going to kill the NBA series for me if they don't fix it.

I think it's awesome compared to 2K18 for instance but i only play Quick-Game not Mycareer so for me it's just the basic core game, play as your favourite NBA teams just for a single game at a time. Got used to the new shot bar pretty quickly. The animations, mechanics are improving and the commentary is getting better. Defending against crossover plays takes time to get used to, it's really easy to lose position. What i like so far.

- Blocks are more realistic and rewarded with block replays, pretty cool
- More variations of shots for classic players added. Pretty cool.
- Player movement is getting better.
- Easier to make reverse layup against tall defenders.
- Commentary has more variety but far from perfect. Not as good as Fifa.
- Defense and turnovers are way harder but more realistic.
- More cut scenes and animations, player reactions means the game is closer to real world mechanics.
- Graphics have improved.
- Games are often closer and more exciting depending on difficulty level.

Back