Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia’s cricket tour of South Africa is off.
Cricket Australia today informed Cricket South Africa that it believed it had “no choice” but to postpone the tour due to COVID-19, a media release confirmed on Tuesday.

The three-Test tour, which was scheduled to start early March, will not go ahead after it was determined South Africa poses an “unacceptable” level of risk for Australia’s players and support staff.

David Warner spotted at his local Bunnings trying to return a certain purchase.

From a 7 day average peak of 750,000 new cases a day in mid January, it has now dropped to 550k.

Hard to put that down to anything except the vaccine rollout

The American election being over (no more rallies and protests) and Europe going back in to lockdown is probably a larger chunk of it Id say at this point.

Remember the old British veteran that was raising money for the NHS by walking around his home?

Yeah he died from COVID-19

I don’t know if it’s sadder that Major Tom died (again) or that someone follows Mike Rann on twitter

Well that or the fact a shitload of countries went into lockdown again in December.

Except that started earlier with no discernible effect.

And if you look at new infection case numbers globally, there has not been any significant decline since the virus arrived, until now. For an entire year, infection numbers were only going one way, up.

in the study the health experts are saying they "believe" or "hope" it works and logic says it is a good idea. However the studies fail to provide support for the belief.

AND NO it may not lead to better health outcomes. As although their is greater utility of health care workers, which on face value leads to better outcome a risk still remains. That is someone vaccinated but having influenza still comes to work as they don't have symptoms and still spreads the disease. This may explain why the science doesn't support the hope. This is exactly the same risk with covid.

We need science and facts rather than hope and good ideas.
Your understanding of the term science and your use of statistics never cease to amaze

From a 7 day average peak of 750,000 new cases a day in mid January, it has now dropped to 550k.

Hard to put that down to anything except the vaccine rollout
Except for thr fact that the vaccine was said to have a 28 day lag time and mostly require a 2nd dose before becoming effective.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remember the old British veteran that was raising money for the NHS by walking around his home?

Yeah he died from COVID-19

He wasn't raising it for the NHS, that type of s**t grinds my gears (not your fault of course)! The Tories that want it privatised push this s**t all the time.
The NHS is not a charity, it is a right that is paid for through taxes!

He wasn't raising it for the NHS, that type of sh*t grinds my gears (not your fault of course)! The Tories that want it privatised push this sh*t all the time.
The NHS is not a charity, it is a right that is paid for through taxes!

But post-brexit isn't there now £350m going back into the NHS?

But post-brexit isn't there now £350m going back into the NHS?
A week no less!

The track and trace system they sold to one of their mates to run, cost 22 billion Pounds AND DIDN'T WORK OF COURSE. Captain Tom's money was a drop in the ocean for that.

The vaccine rollout has been done by the NHS and has been very successful, so successful that they are stopping the second vaccine until they can sell the implementation to their mates!

It's ******* infuriating!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly it was an analogy about how people open with one thing and then go on to demonstrate the opposite viewpoint, not a comparison of anti vax to racism.

Secondly anti-vax is pro-disease, anti people who are immunocompromised, and based on nothing but a mountain of paranoid fantasies. It is a detestable scourge.

Medical treatment is pro choice and based on society living in freewill. It doesn't mean we are pro disease. It's like me casting a broad brush saying all those pro vax are fear based, narrow minded individuals willing to sacrifice the health of themselves and family members. Clear that assumption is true.

I live my life being proactive in maintaining my health and I don't believe inserting toxins into my body does this. Especially when I have done it before and it didn't bode well for me. You're arrogance and ignorance in this thread to be open minded has no limits does it.

Medical treatment is pro choice and based on society living in freewill. It doesn't mean we are pro disease. It's like me casting a broad brush saying all those pro vax are fear based, narrow minded individuals willing to sacrifice the health of themselves and family members. Clear that assumption is true.

I live my life being proactive in maintaining my health and I don't believe inserting toxins into my body does this. Especially when I have done it before and it didn't bode well for me. You're arrogance and ignorance in this thread to be open minded has no limits does it.

Bruh

You realise living in a society means you have an obligation to society. Freely choosing not to vaccinate isn't an argument I'm going to go into because science says you're wrong if you don't. But there are people out there that have zero choice on vaccinations and its our job as 'society' to protect them. You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

Dude it’s not the broccoli that’s preventing you from getting polio. You can thank the millions of people who got vaccinated and practically banished it out of existence.

Your decision not to vaccinate yourself against the coronavirus, or any other virus for that matter, is yours to make but be under no illusion. It’s 100% the selfish choice. You are flat out not doing your part for the vulnerable members of our society and others will be picking up your slack.

narrow minded individuals willing to sacrifice the health of themselves and family members.

Rick, this is what some of us see anti-vaxxers as.
The only difference is that the science backs it up.

I live my life being proactive in maintaining my health and I don't believe inserting toxins into my body does this.

What's your definition of a "toxin"?

You're arrogance and ignorance in this thread to be open minded has no limits does it.

You think you know better than the overwhelming consensus of medical science, which causes you to take actions which can directly harm other people... but yes, of course, I am the arrogant and ignorant one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back