Movie DC Extended Universe - News, updates and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Might depend on the success of Zack's release. On the other hand Ayer's cut is fully complete, it just needs to be re-edited. Unlike Zack's which required a further $80 million (I believe). With the audience demand from loyal fans it'd be a good incentive for them to release the film to their new HBO Max service.

Oh interesting

11 more days and we get a new trailer!

From memory it was $30m to complete this (which may or may not have included the reshoots so perhaps the total is higher overall).

Suicide Squad was heavily beaten down by studio interference however I cant see it being revived. WB have heavily invested into Gunn’s version instead. An Ayer cut as well could complicate things from a general audience perspective. But let’s see, anything can happen if the Snyder Cut delivers (which I’m still sceptical about).

March 18th is the release date here, I believe it will be shown on Foxtel? Not sure. Will need to check.

From memory it was $30m to complete this (which may or may not have included the reshoots so perhaps the total is higher overall).

Suicide Squad was heavily beaten down by studio interference however I cant see it being revived. WB have heavily invested into Gunn’s version instead. An Ayer cut as well could complicate things from a general audience perspective. But let’s see, anything can happen if the Snyder Cut delivers (which I’m still sceptical about).

March 18th is the release date here, I believe it will be shown on Foxtel? Not sure. Will need to check.

The initial reports were 30mil but they have since admitted it cost alot more now. The only reason we wont see the Ayer cut now is because Warner Media decided to release their entire slate of movies on HBO max so the Ayer cut wont needed to boost that service up. Its pretty much the only reason they gave Snyder the money for his cut. Plus the alot more people wanted to see the Snyder cut. I dont think they really care about confusing the audience all that matter is if there is one especially after Joker's success.

The initial reports were 30mil but they have since admitted it cost alot more now. The only reason we wont see the Ayer cut now is because Warner Media decided to release their entire slate of movies on HBO max so the Ayer cut wont needed to boost that service up. Its pretty much the only reason they gave Snyder the money for his cut. Plus the alot more people wanted to see the Snyder cut. I dont think they really care about confusing the audience all that matter is if there is one especially after Joker's success.

Its a bold move with their simultaneous releases in cinemas and HBO Max, I like that approach. At some point Marvel need to make the call with Black Widow on Disney+, it’s going to be a while before the next $1b movie happens again.

Its a bold move with their simultaneous releases in cinemas and HBO Max, I like that approach. At some point Marvel need to make the call with Black Widow on Disney+, it’s going to be a while before the next $1b movie happens again.

Yeah Black Widow wont be delayed again regardless of what happens now imo. If it cant be in theatres in May then they will just release it on disney+
Most likely it will be simultaneous release unless they decide to go with the Mulan model of having to pay extra to see it on disney+.

Yeah Black Widow wont be delayed again regardless of what happens now imo. If it cant be in theatres in May then they will just release it on disney+
Most likely it will be simultaneous release unless they decide to go with the Mulan model of having to pay extra to see it on disney+.

Mulan was just the wrong movie to try that method I feel, not really worth the $30 extra fee when you could just wait an extra two months or so and have it available free.

For me, I would pay that fee for Black Widow (or similar film).

Supposedly the Snyder Cut will be available through Foxtel/Binge, however they haven’t confirmed it as yet.

“I’d always wanted to explore the death of Robin,” Snyder said. “And if there ever was going to be a next movie, which, of course, there probably won’t be, I wanted to do a thing where in flashbacks we learn how Robin died, how Joker killed him and burned down Wayne Manor, and that whole thing that happened between he and Bruce.”

The director’s plan was to show “how they became like this ... how he hurt him in a way that no one has, really. Other than losing his parents, it was probably the most significant personal injury to his life.”

Finally.

“I’d always wanted to explore the death of Robin,” Snyder said. “And if there ever was going to be a next movie, which, of course, there probably won’t be, I wanted to do a thing where in flashbacks we learn how Robin died, how Joker killed him and burned down Wayne Manor, and that whole thing that happened between he and Bruce.”

The director’s plan was to show “how they became like this ... how he hurt him in a way that no one has, really. Other than losing his parents, it was probably the most significant personal injury to his life.”

Finally.
Sounds like the perfect start and base to a Bat Trilogy, not a premise that should be explored and wasted in flashbacks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know what’s going on well enough but is he correct that we’re not likely to get that now or is it already in his upcoming cut?

That ship has sailed unfortunately. The opportunity has come and gone, Affleck‘s Batman is done and there are no plans currently for him to make more solo films (aside from a cameo in Flashpoint).

It’s almost nonsensical how it came to this. So much backstory teased in the lead up to BvS that will be left unexplored. The murdering of Todd, Joker learning Batman’s true identity, burning down Wayne Manor, Batman beating him to near and smashing his teeth out in retaliation (hence the metal grill and ‘damaged’ tattoo).

Much of that was to be included in the now scrapped Affleck solo film. Remains to be seen how much of it can be salvaged and crammed into the Snyder Cut instead.

The solar suit is iconic, one of my all time favourite images - he better not fu** it up. It’s glorious every time I see him in it.

yeh but its not just the suit Cavill looks totally in it at that moment. Is this coming out in theatres anywhere? looks made for the big screen visually but its too long to sit through at 4 hours.

yeh but its not just the suit Cavill looks totally in it at that moment. Is this coming out in theatres anywhere? looks made for the big screen visually but its too long to sit through at 4 hours.

Doubt it would be viable for a cinema release in a COVID environment. Maybe sometime down the track as a one weekend only type of thing? If it’s received well of course. Which remains to be seen.

You guys notice the boom tube behind Superman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst it’s probably Steppenwolf he’s fighting, I sure as hell hope that’s a little welcoming for Darkseid coming through the tube. Loved the Omega logo earlier.

It’d make sense though if Superman was to succumb to the ALE in this, setting up the future Knightmare world. Especially with how vulnerable he is whilst regenerating. Would love to see that arc fully play out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back