Injury 2021 injury thread, brought to you by Kevin White and AIA

As the title suggests, we need a fresh injury thread, for the fresh injury year.
At the moment we have Howe and Mihocek on the sidelines, JDG missing a week of training as of today, and Will Kelly with an unknown calf complaint. If anyone has an update on Kelly that would be great. Hoping Jen2310 spotted him at training today if she could peel her eyes from Nick Daicos!

May 5, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hopefully this thread is quiet this year. With moving on most of our perennial long term injury prone players there should be a marked improvement in player availability.

What about Reef as he had a Finger Injury
You just reminded me of Keane!

So we have Kelly, JDG, Keane, Reef on the sidelines, with Keane being the only longer term one. Howe and Mihocek both joined in with the main group today which is fantastic news.

Coincidentally two other Collingwood players - Mark Keane and recruit Reef McInnes - have both suffered the same finger tendon injury this off-season.

Looks like Reef's finger is the tendon..

For something thats meant to be rare.. we have 3 players in 12 months with it lol

Looks like Reef's finger is the tendon..

For something thats meant to be rare.. we have 3 players in 12 months with it lol
We've had the theory of the ground being too hard leading to soft tissue leg injuries. Has anyone looked at whether we're over-infalting the balls?

Aka 'lower abdominal strain'

Be very worried the PR spin is to hide managing OP
Given he’s never had abdominal or groin issues previously and was flying up to this week, I’d say that’s extremely unlikely. Maybe worry about your own players instead of trying to s**t stir on oppo boards.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be honest that’s not a joke. He’s been under so much scrutiny lately his mental health would be so low. Never joke about mental health.
I wasn’t, I was referring to the reputational harm he has been inflicting upon himself.

nothing to do with mental health, nothing to see here.

I've had over inflated balls before, it does make a difference
I hear ya, I’ve had over inflated balls too. The doctor thought I had a hernia, but turns out it was just an infection.

.......what?

Back