Marco Bello - appointed Head of Development

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy with this. Great pick up.

Have to say, the appointments we have made to the coaches box are outstanding. Really happy with it.

It seems the shackles of the Pyke, Burton and Campo payouts are gone

From the face of it a very good appointment.

Sounds like Younie was a good operator, but I think our club needed a significant clean out top to bottom, both off field and on after everything that had occurred over the past 10 years.

I think it will good to get another new face into the club, new and fresh ideas.

Only a hunch but I suspect our Vic recruiter Steve McCrystal who scouts the VFL, NAB League and APS/AGSV school footy might have had a finger in this appointment.
Hard to imagine Macca would have a great cross over with someone like Marco but hey, hard to know for sure either way really.

Either way, I've been impressed to see us add a number of coaches to our list given most clubs have had to scale back, seems like we're trying to spend in the right area.

From the face of it a very good appointment.

Sounds like Younie was a good operator, but I think our club needed a significant clean out top to bottom, both off field and on after everything that had occurred over the past 10 years.

I think it will good to get another new face into the club, new and fresh ideas.
Younie became stale.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to imagine Macca would have a great cross over with someone like Marco but hey, hard to know for sure either way really.

Either way, I've been impressed to see us add a number of coaches to our list given most clubs have had to scale back, seems like we're trying to spend in the right area.
Yea, I thought for sure we'd cut back, quite surprised we actually added to our development by adding a separate SANFL coach on top of the Development manager, but given what the makeup of our team is going to be it's a very smart move.

It always felt like nicks had used the year gone to run his eye over many at the club both playing and non playing and has worked out who he wanted and who he didnt

Definitely the right approach given timing of his appointment and available vs committed candidate pool.
2019 was always going to be a shitshow regardless of off field personnel - with or without covid.

Forgot about this bloke, he’s going to be super important given our list profile.

Reading the names that we’ve bought in, unreal, looks like we might finally have a decent football department.

Nicks has gone from muppets to hopefully guys who can actually contribute. The players must also be loving it. We are getting our s**t together.

Forgot about this bloke, he’s going to be super important given our list profile.

Reading the names that we’ve bought in, unreal, looks like we might finally have a decent football department.

Nicks has gone from muppets to hopefully guys who can actually contribute. The players must also be loving it. We are getting our sh*t together.
Wonder why we didn't combine this with him coaching our sanfl... instead of Godden as would allow he him to work further with the development of the younger players.

Wonder why we didn't combine this with him coaching our sanfl... instead of Godden as would allow he him to work further with the development of the younger players.
I'm sure he'll have some kind of role, he's probably also working with the coaches on an individual basis.

This guy is going to be a big asset.

I'm sure he'll have some kind of role, he's probably also working with the coaches on an individual basis.

This guy is going to be a big asset.
Hated who he played for in the SANFL but loved his hardness.

Hated who he played for in the SANFL but loved his hardness.
He wasn't thuggy like some others but he was a super player.

His former teammates hold him in very high regard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back