Women's Footy AFLW Bulldogs - 2022 Round 1 vs Demons

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne were very good and very well structured which can make everything you do seem rushed and aimless and forced wide, very wide.

Yep, I was at the game and the pressure applied by North was immense and the Cats couldn't get a clean possession. But it really was a case of women versus girls and a big difference between the skill levels.

I thought we were clearly the better team on Friday night. Our structure looked solid and we were moving the ball quickly and directly.
33 inside 50's to 20 and 9 marks inside 50 to 2 is testament to that (as well as what a superb footballer Izzy H is).

Unfortunately AFLW is still a comp where a win can be scrapped by a team with a bit more urgency and some luck.
Losing clearances 30 - 18, contested possession 105 - 83 and tackles 64 - 53 shows that we are still getting bullied around the ball too much.

Obviously 26 free kicks to 6 doesn't help either but I think at least part of that was a lack of urgency with the ball and composure without it.

I think these are just signs of a young list and a bit of a lack of maturity, particularly in the middle.

2021 looks like it might be a developmental year but I think we will get to see some entertaining football along the way.

The player that disappoints me the most is Eleanor Brown.

For a No.10 draft pick, she really hasn't shown anything.
She's a KPP who has played 1.5 seasons at this level. I'd give her some time to find her feet.
Looking at that draft I'm not sure there are any standout players who were picked after her.
In fact Katie Lynch who was the next picked by Collingwood now plays for us anyway.

I've never seen anything from Newton to indicate why she was considered a pick 1 talent tbh.
I think leadership was a big part of it. The girls drafted from Northern this year were still talking about what a great leader she was when interviewed.
Unfortunately her strengths at junior level as a 'bigger' midfielder do not translate against the genuine bulls of AFLW (Kirsty Lamb FFS) and she is sort of floating between positions. I'm not sure she will ever be an AFLW inside mid so she may need to settle into another role.
I'd try giving her a solid run down back where we could use a bit of composure and some aerial ability to fill the void left by Huntington.

I will admit it is a bit hard watching McEvoy and Patrikios tear it up while Newton takes a bit longer.
Let's hope it is Judd vs Hodge all over again and Newton ends up with the 4 flags :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else reckon our pride guernsey looks like the old transmission ended symbol?????????? FA85F870-4DF8-422E-8A38-46A7FEF447FB.jpeg

Attachments

• 7B25AA71-69D6-49F5-B45D-6782F4AAA9A6.webp
    32 KB · Views: 31
  • C57A3235-3B6C-434C-B2CF-F1402F314CF5.webp
    32 KB · Views: 41
The people that it's meant to show support for think it is fantastic

And that changes my opinion how?

Actually thinks the AFLW has some really good jerseys throughout the league but this one isn’t one of them.

What's shocking about it?

Do you even know what it represents?

Because it represents something everyone has to think it’s a good looking strip do they? To my eye I don’t like it plain and simple.

I understand that doesn’t effect what it means or anyone else liking the look of it it’s my opinion, I’m entitled to it.

I’m not a fan of the look of a few of the indigenous jumpers either, does that lessen their significance?

When did you become one of them? You are trying to correlate it being a Pride jumper and that’s why I dont Like it which is absolute BS. Did u even mention once to the people that smashed the Pride jumper with the wiggles on it? I will answer for you, no. So you didn’t care what that one represented?

Anyway I saw it’s a full crowd for Friday’s game so let’s hope it doesn’t rain as predicted because WO doesn’t have many places to hide from the rain and socially distance

Last edited:
Because it represents something everyone has to think it’s a good looking strip do they? To my eye I don’t like it plain and simple.

I understand that doesn’t effect what it means or anyone else liking the look of it it’s my opinion, I’m entitled to it.

I’m not a fan of the look of a few of the indigenous jumpers either, does that lessen their significance?

When did you become one of them? You are trying to correlate it being a Pride jumper and that’s why I dont Like it which is absolute BS. Did u even mention once to the people that smashed the Pride jumper with the wiggles on it? I will answer for you, no. So you didn’t care what that one represented?

I'll ask again, what is shocking about it, and do you know what it represents.

The reason I am asking do you know what it represents, is because if you did, you may not think it looks so shocking

When did you become one of them?

WTF is that meant to mean

Members tix onsale @ 9am tomorrow morning
Public tix onsale @ 11am tomorrow morning
Anyone know if member tickets are still available or if it sold out? Can’t seem to get any with my AFLW membership but I thought I had guaranteed access.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back