Memberships 2021 St.Kilda Membership Thread (FINAL TALLY - 55,832)

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple Jack

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Webber, Ricciardo, NE Patriots
I guess it's totally irrelevant now, but I wonder how our Membership would have looked had we not lost to North Melbourne in round 1 last year.
So much this. After our pre season and that first half if you looked up the word "deflated" in the dictionary you would see a picture of a Saints diehard after that match.

Sure, you would take the end result of last season over a season where you win a few and then fade and miss finals every day of the week but it was still such a shocking let down.

I even remember thinking something along the lines of "I hope the rona causes this whole season to get binned because I don't want to sit through this s**t again."

Anyway, I think next year will really show the dividends of the hard work the club has put in when it comes to membership.

So much this. After our pre season and that first half if you looked up the word "deflated" in the dictionary you would see a picture of a Saints diehard after that match.

Sure, you would take the end result of last season over a season where you win a few and then fade and miss finals every day of the week but it was still such a shocking let down.

I even remember thinking something along the lines of "I hope the rona causes this whole season to get binned because I don't want to sit through this sh*t again."

Anyway, I think next year will really show the dividends of the hard work the club has put in when it comes to membership.
Hope so, all of a sudden the media is waking up to the fact that we have the hardest fixture and may not make the 8.

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really don't care about membership numbers to be honest, it is a pissing contest, the clubs all have completely different ranges of products from one year to the next that make it difficult to get a like for like comparison.

If we don't smash last years numbers a lot of people will be disappointed, however last year they were giving out free memberships to first timers so if only 80% of them stayed on for the second year it might look like we have lost a heap of members, but in reality we have gained a heap of revenue.

For a guide, here is our "Membership and Reserved Seating" revenue:

2020: $2.24m
2019: $2.88m
2018: $2.89m
2017: $3.72m
2016: $3.28m
2015: $2.88m
2014: $2.98m
2013: ??? *couldn't find the report
2012: $3.01m
2011: $3.73m
2010: $3.59m
2009: $2.73m

We are getting about $10m more per year in AFL distribution than Collingwood and West Coast, even when you take into account that the Marvel clubs get a bigger slice due to the stadium deals, it is not great reading.

We need another era of sustained success, but preferably without the scandals and legal disputes limiting profit and with one step further success.

We need another era of sustained success, but preferably without the scandals and legal disputes limiting profit and with one step further success.

Absolutely correct Armoooo.......and I strongly suspect that we are in for another period of sustained success..........time will of course tell in we can snag the big prize.

For the first time in 10 years.....I feel we are a realistic chance.

As of yesterday afternoon....we had:

38,525 members onboard which included 2,100 AFLW memberships.

I was told that for the first time in 10 years....Social Club membership is nearly sold out.

#saintsfooty

Debutant
Jul 3, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Absolutely correct Armoooo.......and I strongly suspect that we are in for another period of sustained success..........time will of course tell in we can snag the big prize.

For the first time in 10 years.....I feel we are a realistic chance.

As of yesterday afternoon....we had:

38,525 members onboard which included 2,100 AFLW memberships.

I was told that for the first time in 10 years....Social Club membership is nearly sold out.
Reckon it was me on the phone to you haha! 39,000 we’ve just ticked over this afternoon everybody!

Really don't care about membership numbers to be honest, it is a pissing contest, the clubs all have completely different ranges of products from one year to the next that make it difficult to get a like for like comparison.

If we don't smash last years numbers a lot of people will be disappointed, however last year they were giving out free memberships to first timers so if only 80% of them stayed on for the second year it might look like we have lost a heap of members, but in reality we have gained a heap of revenue.

We are getting about $10m more per year in AFL distribution than Collingwood and West Coast, even when you take into account that the Marvel clubs get a bigger slice due to the stadium deals, it is not great reading.

It's pretty unlucky to get a pandemic hit just as we stop being s**t. A successful Saints makes for packed stadiums.

no1saint66

Premium Platinum
Apr 14, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda

Membership revenue is good. However, larger membership numbers - aka marketting lists with strong demographics all along the bayside in fairly affluent suburbs is what really appeals to sponsors and provides bigger sponsorship packages.

Our reserved seats numbers are pitiful compared to others, therefore our membership revenue will always be disproportionate to our numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#saintsfooty

Debutant
Jul 3, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
what are they projecting?
We’re hitting 55k. No if’s buts or maybes about it. We’re distancing ourselves from these minnow clubs and finally taking some steps forward. We’ve got one of the most dormant supporter bases who will come out in droves once we win a few games and covid f@$!s off. Member week this week and a very real possibility we’re at 42-42.5k come the weeks end.

Current Membership Tally (08/02/2021):
~40,000

This Time Last Year (07/02/2020):

Difference:
+2,163

All-Time Tally;

1. 48,775 (2020)
2. 45,678 (2018)
3. 42,910 (2019)
4. 42,094 (2017)
5. ~40,000 (2021)

Projected Final Total:

:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

We’re hitting 55k. No if’s buts or maybes about it. We’re distancing ourselves from these minnow clubs and finally taking some steps forward. We’ve got one of the most dormant supporter bases who will come out in droves once we win a few games and covid f@$!s off. Member week this week and a very real possibility we’re at 42-42.5k come the weeks end.
I’ve always felt like we have a big but dormant (fair weather) supporter base too. I just assumed I was imagining it, but it’s actually true ?

I’ve always felt like we have a big but dormant (fair weather) supporter base too. I just assumed I was imagining it, but it’s actually true ?
2014 estimates were that we could reach 75,000. That undoubtedly has gone up with the overall increase in membership sales league wide since.

We aren't bottom dwellers, 75,000 should be the minimum once we reach it. It should never really dip below that regardless of performance. I would say we are just under the big 4 clubs. Probably in the category of a Geelong or Hawthorn in terms of supporter base.

Membership day on SEN day.
According to “Max King’s”radio ad, buy a 3 game membership and get a free upgrade to an 11 game one. Great offer.

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
So, with Matt Finnis saying that we're not going to prioritise reserved seat holders* if we return to docklands with reduced capacity are people with reserved seats going to be happy if they're at home and a 3 game member is at the ground?

*He said he wanted to get all members into the ground. So as I understand it there won't be preferences for membership tiers/types.

So, with Matt Finnis saying that we're not going to prioritise reserved seat holders* if we return to docklands with reduced capacity are people with reserved seats going to be happy if they're at home and a 3 game member is at the ground?

*He said he wanted to get all members into the ground. So as I understand it there won't be preferences for membership tiers/types.
I think what he means is that everyone will be able to get their preferred seat regardless

Saints43

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2010
Flemington
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think what he means is that everyone will be able to get their preferred seat regardless
Wouldn't reduced capacity mean distancing different households? I don't think members will necessarily be sitting in their allocated seats.
But I must have misunderstood what he said at the AGM because I really thought what he said meant reserved seat holders would not have priority on attendance.

Wouldn't reduced capacity mean distancing different households? I don't think members will necessarily be sitting in their allocated seats.
But I must have misunderstood what he said at the AGM because I really thought what he said meant reserved seat holders would not have priority on attendance.
Not so much no priority but that priority shouldn't matter at home games. Not sure what they've organised with the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back