Teams 2021 St.Kilda Best 22 (assuming all players are fit)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have to pump midfield minutes into Clark this year. I'll be disappointed if he sits on the half back line for most of the year again.

Need to start trying to build an elite midfield rather that a good average one.

Not taking mids in the draft this year means the likes of Clark and Bytel have to become quality midfielders.

Long time watcher first time poster.

More excited about our prospects for this year than I have been for ages. Genuinely believe we have the cattle to have a crack at top 4 and after that - anything could happen.

Lots of young players enter this year with another preseason and with that a tougher more AFL prepared body.

Best 22 if all fit

B Paton Howard Wilkie
HB Coffield Carlisle Webster
C Hill Steele Billings
HF Gresham Membrey Higgins
F Marshall King Butler
R Ryder Jones Crouch

I/C Hannebery Clark Battle Ross
I'll be very happy if we run out with that side. I was looking forward to last season too but couldnt see a game live so I'm even more pumped for this year.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sinclair play in defence. He seemed to play more in the back half as the year went on last year.

Higgins will come in and play a similar high half forward / mid role, Gresh will likely spend more time forward. I'm hopeful Clark goes more into the middle.

Geary will likely miss a fair chunk, Robbo looks gone, Savage gone, all of a sudden our depth in the back half is quite thin.

Sinclair is one of our better kicks, not the greatest distance but good accuracy and good anticipation of where a player is leading to. I also like his handpassing - usually hits the target player at a good height making it easy to maintain pace. I think he could be a good distributor from defence ala Caleb Daniel (if only he could be that prolific).

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sinclair play in defence. He seemed to play more in the back half as the year went on last year.

Higgins will come in and play a similar high half forward / mid role, Gresh will likely spend more time forward. I'm hopeful Clark goes more into the middle.

Geary will likely miss a fair chunk, Robbo looks gone, Savage gone, all of a sudden our depth in the back half is quite thin.
Jimmy 28, Highmore 22, Connolly 19 is a good spread of depth IMO.

We also have a number of guys that can slot back there, so it's probably the least of our problems.

Jimmy 28, Highmore 22, Connolly 19 is a good spread of depth IMO.

We also have a number of guys that can slot back there, so it's probably the least of our problems.
Jimmy is good depth and possibly could be best 22 but the other two have not played an AFL game so I'll wait and see how they go, we don't know if either are AFL quality just yet.

How I see our best 22 without geary.
B: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coff Carlisle Webster
C: Hill Crouch Hanners
HF: Gresh Membrey Billings
F: Marshall King Butler
FOL: Ryder Steele Jones

Int: Clark Higgins Battle Sinclair

Emg: Frawley Ross Long Dunstan

I think Ross will be in there but I couldn’t leave anyone out for him.

A lot of people forget how good Jimmy was in a struggling team. If he gets his body right he could flourish in a good side. New rules will also suit him and he has that ability to open up the ground by foot, something our current defenders have avoided at times despite being good kicks in their own right.

How I see our best 22 without geary.
B: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coff Carlisle Webster
C: Hill Crouch Hanners
HF: Gresh Membrey Billings
F: Marshall King Butler
FOL: Ryder Steele Jones

Int: Clark Higgins Battle Sinclair

Emg: Frawley Ross Long Dunstan

I think Ross will be in there but I couldn’t leave anyone out for him.

A lot of people forget how good Jimmy was in a struggling team. If he gets his body right he could flourish in a good side. New rules will also suit him and he has that ability to open up the ground by foot, something our current defenders have avoided at times despite being good kicks in their own right.
Sinclair over Ross
Webster over Long

They are the only 2 I'd question but goes to show the depth he have. Still missing the absolute cream unless a few really step up.

Sinclair over Ross
Webster over Long

They are the only 2 I'd question but goes to show the depth he have. Still missing the absolute cream unless a few really step up.
Yeah I think they will go with Ross but I wouldn’t once crouch finishes his suspension. Just lacks versatility. And there are better pure mids available with Gresh, hunter, Higgins, hanners, Billings, sinclair all able to contribute through the middle and in other roles.

Jimmy is the forgotten dark horse. The new man on the mark rule really opens that low flat kick inside he has. None of our other backs have that piercing ability by foot.

Yeah I think they will go with Ross but I wouldn’t once crouch finishes his suspension. Just lacks versatility. And there are better pure mids available with Gresh, hunter, Higgins, hanners, Billings, sinclair all able to contribute through the middle and in other roles.

Jimmy is the forgotten dark horse. The new man on the mark rule really opens that low flat kick inside he has. None of our other backs have that piercing ability by foot.
And half of them miss the target , just because he can do it once a game it doesn't make him a good kick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back by popular demand (in other words 2 people liked it) I have released my summary of the saints list (by age and position) and round 1 team. The Team selection is purely based on Bigfooty comments and personal favourites. Please enjoy...View attachment 1051240View attachment 1051247View attachment 1051248
I may be wrong...but... is it just a coincidence that the saints added Wood to our list soo after I post the lists showing less forward depth than defence depth :)

Happy to be of service Saints team. Let me know if you want me to do a similar analysis of the boot cleaners, kitchen or ground staff ...

To start the season...

SENIORS

FB: Paton - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Coffield - Carlisle - Clark
RK: Ryder - Steele - Jones
CR: Hill - Ross - Billings
HF: Higgins - Membrey - Gresham
FF: Butler - King - Marshall
IC: Long Hannebery Battle Sinclair

Then.....

SANDY

FB: Webster - Frawley - Highmore
HB: McKenzie - Clavarino - Connolly
RK: Alabakis - Dunstan - Bytel
CR: ***** - Brynes - *****
HF: Allison - Wood - Kent
FF: Lonie - Joyce - McKernan
IC: Crouch* Geary* Roberton*

To start the season...

SENIORS

FB: Paton - Howard - Wilkie
HB: Coffield - Carlisle - Clark
RK: Ryder - Steele - Jones
CR: Hill - Ross - Billings
HF: Higgins - Membrey - Gresham
FF: Butler - King - Marshall
IC: Long Hannebery Battle Sinclair

Then.....

SANDY

FB: Webster - Frawley - Highmore
HB: McKenzie - Clavarino - Connolly
RK: Alabakis - Dunstan - Bytel
CR: ***** - Brynes - *****
HF: Allison - Wood - Kent
FF: Lonie - Joyce - McKernan
IC: Crouch* Geary* Roberton*
Not enough D-Train in the senors.

Round 1 Team:

Geary*
B.Crouch*

Paton - Howard - Wilkie
Coffield - Carlisle/Frawley - H.Clark (J.Long)
Billings - Steele - B.Hill (Sinclar)
Gresham - Membrey - D.Butler (Battle)
J.Higgins - B.King - R.Marshall
Ryder - Z.Jones - Hannebery (S.Ross)

EMG: T.Highmore, Webster, Lonie, Dunstan

Id be quite surprised if theres anything different injury permitting for your round 1 side.

B.Crouch replaces whoever is performing worse in the opening 2 weeks S.Ross or J.Sinclair.

I think we have to pump midfield minutes into Clark this year. I'll be disappointed if he sits on the half back line for most of the year again.

Need to start trying to build an elite midfield rather that a good average one.

Not taking mids in the draft this year means the likes of Clark and Bytel have to become quality midfielders.

I'm hoping so too, but I believe that the club is quite optimistic of securing a quality mid as a FA this season (again).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back