Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

PhatHQ

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2015
Newcastle
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Id trade Wentz for whatever, just to get out of that contract. Ever since he got injured and it was Foles who took us to Super Bowl glory, Wentz has been cursed as an Eagle, not wanted by the fans, lost all faith in him etc
....and he looks funny :/

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Id trade Wentz for whatever, just to get out of that contract. Ever since he got injured and it was Foles who took us to Super Bowl glory, Wentz has been cursed as an Eagle, not wanted by the fans, lost all faith in him etc

The way I look at it is what's the Hurts upside v what's the Wentz likelyhood of coming good, weighed it up several times & I go with Hurts everytime esp given the new coaching setup. Really it's a no brainer if you can get Wentz off the books before the start of the new league year.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The way I look at it is what's the Hurts upside v what's the Wentz likelyhood of coming good, weighed it up several times & I go with Hurts everytime esp given the new coaching setup. Really it's a no brainer if you can get Wentz off the books before the start of the new league year.
Yep, its plain as day. Let some other team/HC try to fix Wentz, which could take 2-3 years. Not worth OUR financials to be that team, especially as Hurts certainly showed more life

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Yep, its plain as day. Let some other team/HC try to fix Wentz, which could take 2-3 years. Not worth OUR financials to be that team, especially as Hurts certainly showed more life

We are not doing this again are we GG? We, really?

Shitposting on this thread sets me off just in case you hadn't noticed...team threads should be a sanctuary of sorts, just saying.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
ESPN's Tim McManus reports the Eagles have "already received aggressive offers" for Carson Wentz.
The Eagles have been fielding trade calls for Wentz, with the Colts showing the most interest. It's not a surprise given Wentz's ties to Frank Reich, but Philly's asking price — they reportedly want "significant compensation" for Wentz — is going to make any deal difficult coming off a season where Wentz played like one of the worst quarterbacks in the league. The Eagles likely want a first-round pick to justify taking the $30 million dead cap hit to trade Wentz. Even with Doug Pederson fired, Wentz has made it clear he wants out of Philly.
RELATED:
SOURCE: ESPN
Feb 5, 2021, 11:40 AM ET

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
So the Birds somehow get a 1st for Wentz, then package that up with this years 6th, 2022 1st & a player or 2 (lets say Hurts) & it's welcome to Philly Desean Watson!!

How the money could possibly work I have NFI but I'm allowed to dream, no?!

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
not that I really think it's going to happen but give me these stats any day, dude is a stud.

Untitled.png

Back