Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is it wise to start with a couple of doughnuts that are DPP?

Second year playing and dont like to go to vanilla in selection.

Probably will start with
A Koroisau
H Grant
C McInnes
I Yeo
K Flanagan
D Nofoaluma
Z Lomax

I've read a couple of articles about some kid 'Suaalili'. Only 17 but think he can play??? for Roosters.

Any of the above a 'steer clear' player?

Cheers

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Is it wise to start with a couple of doughnuts that are DPP?

Second year playing and dont like to go to vanilla in selection.

Probably will start with
A Koroisau
H Grant
C McInnes
I Yeo
K Flanagan
D Nofoaluma
Z Lomax

I've read a couple of articles about some kid 'Suaalili'. Only 17 but think he can play??? for Roosters.

Any of the above a 'steer clear' player?

Cheers
A few players i wouldnt pick but i don't think any are 'steer clear'. I think Lomax and Nofoaluma are a little too expensive given they are inconsistent scorers. Doesn't mean they will be bad picks, just got to ride the wave i guess. As for Suaalii, there are huge wraps on him but the way the Morris bros played last season means i don't think he will make their round 1 team. I think they will be keen to give him a go sometime this season though

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
A few players i wouldnt pick but i don't think any are 'steer clear'. I think Lomax and Nofoaluma are a little too expensive given they are inconsistent scorers. Doesn't mean they will be bad picks, just got to ride the wave i guess. As for Suaalii, there are huge wraps on him but the way the Morris bros played last season means i don't think he will make their round 1 team. I think they will be keen to give him a go sometime this season though
Really appreciate your feedback. Have screen shot your message and will refer back to it later.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Finally found a combination that im somewhat fond of. It took dropping Cleary for Munster to provide enough funds for a better bench. CHT & Fogarty are my main PODs, the rest is probably pretty generic. Still not sure whether ill start with Teddy. If i downgrade him ill probably swap Cleary back in. I do like the flexibility Watson brings being a 5-8/HOK. Bench is obviously filled with placeholders. If i need to find some extra $ then Hopoate/Watson/Liddle will probably be the first ones to face the axe.

$9,800 leftover

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 1.38.30 pm.png

NRL 2021: Jordan Riki eyes David Fifita’s starting spot at Broncos
Coach Kevin Walters and the Brisbane Broncos have a clear idea how to use star rookie Jordan Riki this year, if pre-season drills are anything to go by.

Brisbane youngster Jordan Riki has been identified as a potential breakout star for the Broncos as he looks to fill David Fifita’s spot in the backrow.
The 21-year-old made his NRL debut for the club in August last year, after bouncing back from two separate injuries to his knee (MCL) and his ankle (syndesmosis) earlier in the season.
He proved a handful in just five games — making seven tackle breaks, a linebreak and scoring an impressive try in just over 200 minutes of game time.
With just under two months to go until the season opener, Riki is in the running to lock down the edge backrower spot, made vacant by Fifita who has joined the Titans.
Broncos coach Kevin Walters has been using Riki in his starting 13 on several occasions during pre-season training drills, in a fair indication of his plans for the upcoming season.
Former captain and backrow teammate Alex Glenn believed the barnstorming young buck would be a star of the future.
“He’s putting the pressure on myself for that (backrow) spot which I love a bit of friendly competition,” Glenn said.
“He’s a big chance of playing many games this year and he’s going to be a big star in the game in the future.
“He only just turned 21 and he was blessed to play a few games with us last year, even scoring a try.”
Riki catapulted onto the scene when he was a surprise pick for the Maori All Stars side in the 2020 match, notching up 35 running metres and 16 tackles during his half-hour stint.
Glenn – the 267-game veteran – has become a mentor for young Riki ahead of the 2021 season.
“He’s one of those players I’ve tucked under the wing because he plays in the same position and I want to give him advice I wish I got when I was his age,” he said.
“I see a lot of my younger self in him.
“It’s just trying to be that mentor for him, because I do see a bit of him in me in the way he plays.
“Those couple of games he played last year are going to help him grow as a player in first grade.
“The way he has been training and performing has been up at another level.
“He’s in great shape and a very fit boy.”

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I wonder what are all the variables taken into account? Based solely on the above, im most surprised by the Panthers, Bulldogs and Broncos positions. That said, it makes sense for the Broncos as they always have lots of primetime games which are generally against decent opposition. Titans look to have a favourable draw so there will be lots of anticipation that they make finals, particularly given how they finished off last season. Not sure this will affect any of my SC selections but its nice to have it posted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
love the CHT pick
Has plenty of talent. I expect both Titans and Warriors to improve substantially this year and i think Fogarty and CHT will be key players for both. If indeed the Warriors and Titans improve im not certain their success will translate to heaps more points but im happy to pick both and hope at least 1 succeeds.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
View attachment 1047128

I'm guessing Pap gets the GK at the storm
I like Pap a lot actually. I think the way he ended last season was huge and if he gets the GK he should be a great pick. For my team i think ill pick either McInnes or Pap thanks to shuffling a few cows on my bench. The more i think about it, the more i want to go in without Teddy but the key will be picking when to get on before he explodes. Last season i was lucky to time the upgrade to Teddy and give him captaincy the week he went huge. From memory I think most got him the week after, granted he was still a great pick!

Averillo is one i like too. Cant fit him in at the moment though.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Currently im going without Tedesco, Cleary and Haas. It makes it hard to choose a captain but it allows me to have a much better bench.

Screen Shot 2021-01-31 at 12.39.19 pm.png

I think if i am to keep my bench relatively similar i should be able to increase team value pretty quickly but it would probably come at the expense of points given i dont have 3 of the most prolific premiums. I do like lots of midpricers though and i feel like the strategy of mid-priced madness is more likely to be effective in NRL SC as opposed to AFL where guns n rookies is often the go to strategy. Alternatively, it could just be my perspective as i like more mid-priced players this season and that may just be because its so early and the cows havent presented themselves yet.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
To continue on from my previous post and based on my numerous drafts id say that i keep coming back to a team with only a few genuine guns and mostly mid-priced players. There just seems to be heaps of value in the 250-500k range. When more cows present themselves i may change my strategy slightly but at the moment it seems like there is more value than in the past.

Ah Mau, Watson, Harawira-Naera, J.Brailey, Murdoch-Masila, Davey, Riki, Roberts, Harris-Tavita, Fogarty, Averillo, Fusitu'a, Staines, Bird, Moylan & Brooks are just some of the names im considering. Finding the right balance, as always, will be key.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Currently im going without Tedesco, Cleary and Haas. It makes it hard to choose a captain but it allows me to have a much better bench.

View attachment 1048692

I think if i am to keep my bench relatively similar i should be able to increase team value pretty quickly but it would probably come at the expense of points given i dont have 3 of the most prolific premiums. I do like lots of midpricers though and i feel like the strategy of mid-priced madness is more likely to be effective in NRL SC as opposed to AFL where guns n rookies is often the go to strategy. Alternatively, it could just be my perspective as i like more mid-priced players this season and that may just be because its so early and the cows havent presented themselves yet.
Surely you need 1 of Tedesco or Cleary for the C but

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
After doing draft last year, I've decided to have a crack at the main format this year

What is the best way of looking out for cash cows preseason?

I guess one of the main pros of NRL is squads come out on Tuesday nights/Wednesdays so plenty of time to organise trades for the week

There seems to be a few good cheapies in the second row and centres to establish a reasonable team.
one thing to note though is thatyou want starters and not bench forwards.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Surely you need 1 of Tedesco or Cleary for the C but
Perhaps. I'm currently going with Lolo/Matterson/T.Turbo as captaincy options.

After doing draft last year, I've decided to have a crack at the main format this year

What is the best way of looking out for cash cows preseason?

I guess one of the main pros of NRL is squads come out on Tuesday nights/Wednesdays so plenty of time to organise trades for the week

To be honest i don't really look out for too many of the really cheap cows until after the trial games. However, looking at the cheap options (<300k) at the moment, there are a few like Liddle/Riki/Simonsson/Staines who are clearly replacing someone who has left the club. Then you have players like Niu/Blore/Saab/Schuster who seem set for more opportunity after playing limited minutes last season, and in Saab's case, a change of club. Then there are guys coming back from injury like Watson, Lodge & Moylan. Players like Roberts (change of club too) & Oates have been good scorers in the past. Hoy could get a fair run while Ponga is out injured, and so on.

So i guess my point is that there are numerous reasons why players are priced cheaply and if you know those reasons, then you can work out whether they represent value or not. As for the 'new cows', i think they will present themselves after the trial matches and as we get closer to the season it will become more clear what spots are open at certain clubs, due to injury or any other reason.

So, i hope that goes some way to answering your question :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back