News Carlton Football Club: Debt free and record membership.

Remove this Banner Ad

So in summary, haven’t made finals in 8 years and only just ticked off stage 1 of a 10 stage plan.
Oooo look at ‘im!

Few premierships and thinks ‘e’s all that!

Your Carlton compatriots have no hesitation in reminding Essendon supporters how many days since we won a final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

images

WUT AM DIS FRED ABOWT MELBUN???

Why are you typing like that?

You mean as opposed to the AFL providing 0 dollars to WA football and it being almost completely subsidised by the WCE and Dockers.

I was talking about AFL clubs.

But as to your point...You do realise that the AFL puts more money into the WAFC that the Eagles and Dockers combined, don't you?

I can't find the part of the email that says they have found men who can play AFL standard finals football.

We have also been tied to the Marvel deal. We took no COVID help and aren’t gifted any fixture help, other than starting the comp because we have been poor on field and rightfully so. Poor Doggies.

So the membership numbers quoted, do they include the free membership that is given away for each one purchased? If not it is a really good effort.

So the membership numbers quoted, do they include the free membership that is given away for each one purchased? If not it is a really good effort.
Yes, as do pet memberships etc that most or all clubs have as promotional options. How do you think Richmond got to 100, 000? No coincidence that we have the same CEO, are an improving product and the numbers go up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, as do pet memberships etc that most or all clubs have as promotional options. How do you think Richmond got to 100, 000? No coincidence that we have the same CEO, are an improving product and the numbers go up.

My club is not giving away free memberships, the pet memberships don’t count. But family members who are Carlton supporters have told me straight out one free membership for every bought one.

My club is not giving away free memberships, the pet memberships don’t count. But family members who are Carlton supporters have told me straight out one free membership for every bought one.
I didn’t get one .

Yes, that's correct. Great marketing as many of those members will sign on next year. Carlton recognised that we have one of the largest latent supporter groups in the comp and developed a strategy to get them more active. They will attend games and develop a connection to the club. Retail agencies do the same every day!

Maybe your club sees no benefit or didn't of a strategy like this.

Fully paid up last year and this upcoming season. Nothing free for me. No mention of it .

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Quote:
  1. An additional membership in 2021 (to the equivalent access) for a friend or family member who was not a member in 2020
Perhaps if you didn’t get this offer you should follow up with the club.
Got it but no Blues fans in the circle to pass it on to who is outside Melbourne. “Additional” is the key word as in addition to what you already have! And I am an interstate member.

Got it but no Blues fans in the circle to pass it on to who is outside Melbourne. “Additional” is the key word as in addition to what you already have! And I am an interstate member.

i didn’t want to turn my point into a discussion on the particulars of getting a Carlton membership, I merely wanted to point out that a sizeable percentage of the “record breaking membership” are not from newly purchased memberships. I think a more accurate assessment is the revenue from membership numbers and that goes for all clubs.

Although I am not a fan of CFC, and the “Tragic club” comment from a past President can still rancour, a sizeable dose of Schadenfude has caught up with CFC since then. I do agree a strong Carlton is good for the competition and think a lot of work has gone into turning the club around from decent Carlton folk.

I also think Carlton supporters are a lot more likeable these days, as a club like Hawthorn with no success prior to 1961 has become a powerhouse and a foundation club like Carlton had to beg the AFL to bail them out and pay their staff. No club is safe, the old days of brown paper bags and arrogance is outdated, success can swiftly change to failure.

The same monotonous boring group of posters (aka ‘the Carlton Clique’) who supposedly support Carlton that are more focused on all things Essendon.

Funnily enough, a Carlton focused thread on the main board for 36 hours and barely any have shown up.

That is, the Carlton Clique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like you should just post on the Essendon board. Us Carlton supporters have gotten inside your head, and we're living rent free in there!

I feel like you should just post on the Essendon board. Us Carlton supporters have gotten inside your head, and we're living rent free in there!
Just remember, this is the same guy who said:
when I first joined, people actually wanted to have reasonable discussion on football. Now it is all about potshots and making your club and team look better than it is,
He gives Yoda a bad name. He could at the very least, try to sound like him: "When joined, I first, have reasonable discussion on football, people actually wanted. Now all about potshots and making your club and team look better, it is."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back