13_Higgins.jpg

31_Markov.jpg

43_Egg.jpg

Soberian Tiger

Borat's cousin twice removed from village
Jul 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Mitchell is mostly midfield and back. Little forward.

Neale is more forward than Mitchell, but still somewhat less so than back.

Martin hardly ever goes back and often camps forward.

I'd say that Mitchell is not damaging and Neale isn't without a forward-line that can finish off.

I'd take Martin over the pair of them put together.

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
This is awesome - great work! Where do you get the data from that provides disposal location?
(might have to click the Stats tab, annoying that the Defensive/Offensive % are stuck at 51/49)
(when you go to another player, make sure to hit F5 to refresh the heatmap!!!)
to compare more than 2 (ie. head to head)...you need to pay..nah...pass.

I'd love to get Rance's maps in 2017/18 but alas no luck.

Last edited:
looking at Chol, he might be a waste down where Jack/Tom are if he's not tearing it up kicking goals, better make himself useful elsewhere.

If he could move up the ground a bit...surely he'd get a height mismatch with some 3rd rate defender.
You will not get a mismatch if you are scared of the contact/contest. Chol should be in the stand with us. He should not be played except where we expect an easy kill.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
You will not get a mismatch if you are scared of the contact/contest. Chol should be in the stand with us. He should not be played except where we expect an easy kill.

Chol only played well when he was third big down there.

Got off the leash. Too much pressure when asked to step up in the absence of a lynch

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Dusty only 4 touches inside D50.

Doesn’t give a stuff about cheapies for the stat sheet. Just wins flags and Norms.

oppos will still say it's laziness even tho he's won 3 dusty martin medals and 3 flags

Oct 14, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
oppos will still say it's laziness even tho he's won 3 dusty martin medals and 3 flags
They don’t get it because they’ve never had such a weapon on their team. Until we find a way to clone him and have another Dusty distributing off half back I’m happy for him not to set foot in the back half. Far too dominant between the guts and full forward to be wasting a dime of energy running back for a Lachie Neale type cheapie

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
They don’t get it because they’ve never had such a weapon on their team. Until we find a way to clone him and have another Dusty distributing off half back I’m happy for him not to set foot in the back half. Far too dominant between the guts and full forward to be wasting a dime of energy running back for a Lachie Neale type cheapie

yep. i remember back in the day we used to send him back in hopes of him starting a play or getting some good cheap possies. that's coz we were s**t. then we became a good side and let our backline start plays from the backline instead :D

Nov 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Short plays very deep. Looks a back pocket heat map.

Compared to baker and houli far more attacking hbf roles.
yes i was surprise at his too..I wouldn't mind seeing him venture out a bit further and give him license to ping for goals ala the double up vs Pies at the G.

(data probably skewed due to the fact he often takes kickouts)

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Short plays very deep. Looks a back pocket heat map.

Compared to baker and houli far more attacking hbf roles.
I also was surprised at that. In my mind I would have thought Short gets up the ground at least as much as Vlastuin & Broad, if not as much as Baker & Houli.

No surprise with Balta & Grimes heat very deep in the defensive 50, but surprised that Astbury seems to get up the ground a fair bit.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
I also was surprised at that. In my mind I would have thought Short gets up the ground at least as much as Vlastuin & Broad, if not as much as Baker & Houli.

No surprise with Balta & Grimes heat very deep in the defensive 50, but surprised that Astbury seems to get up the ground a fair bit.
Astbury played back up ruck a couple of times. As did Balta.

Back