MMA-UFC UFC 258

Card as a whole is pretty rough. Think it's one of those PPVs they concede isn't going to be a world beater.

Barber coming off a loss who hasn't fought for over a year vs Grasso who isn't massively active either in recent years with an ok'ish record speaks volumes as a co-main on a PPV.

Interesting to see what happens with Gastelum though. Not sure what his contract status is, but with a 3 loss skid, and with one more against a journeyman should probably see him try and get a payday somewhere else. No KO losses in his career, so he still has a few kms in the tank, just no point in staying in the UFC. Won't ever be MW champion and he has no hope of making WW again.

Decent fall from a guy who looked like was the closest to beating Izzy. Such a good fight. As much as I'm not fan of Izzy outside the cage, says a lot about his rapid improvement.

RobbyRoy

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Shocker of a card but I'm pretty keen to see the main event, even if it likely will be an Usman grind-fest.

Burns is great to watch and if he turns up at his best it's on.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
In all seriousness I ******* hope Burns gets snoozy, most overrated title holder in the UFC

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
In all seriousness I ******* hope Burns gets snoozy, most overrated title holder in the UFC
I don't think he's overrated as no one can stop him from doing what he wants to do. He's good

He is f*cking boring though both in and out of the cage. Burns winning will be much better for fights moving forward...

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I don't think he's overrated as no one can stop him from doing what he wants to do. He's good

He is f*cking boring though both in and out of the cage. Burns winning will be much better for fights moving forward...

I've heard alottttt of analysts say he could be considered in the goat convo at welterweight if he wins this.

Really interested to see how Gastelum goes. Will be on a 4 fight skid if he loses this one, and basically only fighting once a year now even though he's still in his 20s. Obviously some of that is due to suspension, but he's not a fighter I thought was going to fall off so quick. He's been Izzy's biggest challenge so far, but now he's 10th in the rankings only a short while later.

Dale_Thomas

Senior List
Apr 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Really interested to see how Gastelum goes. Will be on a 4 fight skid if he loses this one, and basically only fighting once a year now even though he's still in his 20s. Obviously some of that is due to suspension, but he's not a fighter I thought was going to fall off so quick. He's been Izzy's biggest challenge so far, but now he's 10th in the rankings only a short while later.
Yeah it's a strange spot he finds himself in.

The Till loss, I honestly feel like he was still feeling the effects of the Izzy fight. That was an absolute war, and I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't get to full health for a good 12 months. He looked super tentative against Till and not himself.

The Hermansson loss was ultimately just unlucky. Got caught with a terrific submission before he'd even worked up a sweat.

Heinisch is a good match-up. Should be a stand up striking affair. Kelvin will have the hand speed and power to put him away.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gastelum hasn't really improved for a long time.
All his wins were against old opponents who were close to retirement or should have been already.

Lost to a shot Weidman, Till is no world-beater despite being popular and subbed in a minute to Jack, a matchup they tried to give him a name win. I think he wins Sunday but he's nothing special. I think he's in Bellator within 2 years

Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think Usman likes this on the feet, he will be too long and too technical, and won't give Burns the opportunity on the ground. Trevor Whittman will add a dimension to his striking and I predict a 4th or 5th round finish.

KG on embedded is hilarious.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Gastelum hasn't really improved for a long time.
All his wins were against old opponents who were close to retirement or should have been already.

Lost to a shot Weidman, Till is no world-beater despite being popular and subbed in a minute to Jack, a matchup they tried to give him a name win. I think he wins Sunday but he's nothing special. I think he's in Bellator within 2 years

split decision with till and a war with one of the best fighters there is.

he’s inconsistent and frustrating but certainly has ufc level talent.

i generally like watching him fight but yea him going to bellator wouldn’t surprise me - probably good for him if the cash is right

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Usman likes this on the feet, he will be too long and too technical, and won't give Burns the opportunity on the ground. Trevor Whittman will add a dimension to his striking and I predict a 4th or 5th round finish.

KG on embedded is hilarious.

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
Usman finish? I doubt he finishes when having sex let alone finishing a fight...

Back