Gaming EA Sports College Football 25

Remove this Banner Ad

It's good to hear it's coming back. It won't be the NCAA brand, it will be EA College Football with the schools licencing directly (like they did for Madden) .

2023 is probably the timeframe as this announcement is a commitment to bring a game to market, but no dates yet.

To make the game happen, EA Sports partnered with collegiate licensing company CLC to make sure it had the FBS schools, traditions, uniforms and playbooks -- among other things -- ready to go for the game. Over 100 teams will be in the game.

For now, EA Sports is planning to move forward without rosters that include the names, images or likenesses of real college players. Current NCAA rules prohibit athletes from selling their NIL rights while in college.

However, those rules are likely to be changed at some point in the coming year -- by the NCAA, state legislatures or Congress. It's not yet clear whether the evolving rules will allow for the kind of group licensing arrangements that would be needed for EA Sports to negotiate with athletes to use their names in the game.

Ok, so they have a plan to have most of the schools in the game (the client list of the named company doesn't include OSU, Penn State, USC, ND and others). Hopefully something can be sorted out in time in regards to NIL rights for players and how to negotiate for them collectively

Incoming College-skin Madden game...pass from me.
Lots of people saying to just remaster NCAA 14 as it has more features than Madden has had for years
they have, but you need ncaa 14 to do it.
Dont own it :(
I only had a digital copy and I sold that ps3.
Had withdrawals and got a new ps3, but by that point ncaa 14 was off the ps store :(

I'd be more excited about this if it was anyone other than EA .

Expectations are low so I guess they have that working for them at least. 🤷

I'd be more excited about this if it was anyone other than EA .

Expectations are low so I guess they have that working for them at least. 🤷

I'm exactly the same.

I'm not a huge gamer at all. I've never bought into FIFA vs PES or Madden vs the other hundred alternatives that GG.exe has tried to get us excited about over the years.

I do know that I've been hugely, hugely disappointed by every EA Sports game (so FIFA & Madden) that I've bought since approximately NCAA 13 / Madden 14. And it's gotten so much worse as time's passed with the total focus on online play and micro-transactions.

So while I did half-way firm up when I initially saw this news yesterday, it was quickly tempered by the reality of what EA produce these days.

I'm exactly the same.

I'm not a huge gamer at all. I've never bought into FIFA vs PES or Madden vs the other hundred alternatives that GG.exe has tried to get us excited about over the years.

I do know that I've been hugely, hugely disappointed by every EA Sports game (so FIFA & Madden) that I've bought since approximately NCAA 13 / Madden 14. And it's gotten so much worse as time's passed with the total focus on online play and micro-transactions.

So while I did half-way firm up when I initially saw this news yesterday, it was quickly tempered by the reality of what EA produce these days.

Expecting it to have micro transactions plastered all over it. Buy new studs for you cleats for only $3, on sale from $3.99 for two days only!

Prove me wrong EA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ND want no part of the new college football game until NIL is established. Which is a shame, as who else is going to make a push for the playoffs then get snashed in the semi.

ND want no part of the new college football game until NIL is established. Which is a shame, as who else is going to make a push for the playoffs then get snashed in the semi.

Clemson have been smashed in the semi twice just like Notre Dame
Oklahoma have been smashed in the semi twice just like Notre Dame

Love the return of NCAA Football back into the video game market aslong i can transfer my ncaa roster draft class to madden i will be happy.

Will this be readily available in Australia?

I'm sure the physical copies will be, definately.

But even if they happen to be abit scarce there's always digital download.

I'm sure the physical copies will be, definately.

But even if they happen to be abit scarce there's always digital download.
it would be the other way. Physical wont hit here. but it should hit the digital stores.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back