Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.
Would seem a little odd given he's about to commence his 7 year deal.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.
How close would he have been to Pebbles, who was also let go?
Did Grundy have the freedom to do his own clearance work this season?

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.

How about he pulls his finger out his ass and stop crying over departures or Broomhead, the guy is on one of the biggest contracts in the AFL

Anyone hearing that Grundy is now more oriented toward returning to South Australia? Someone suggested it to me today.

But the release of Broomhead, Treloar, Phillips and Shaz this season would all make him less warm towards remaining at the club I'd expect.

Hope we're not about to witness the start of the subsequent fallout from trade period.

Just sounds like the Usual People Sooking about his Contract being too much and Want to find anyway we can Get Rid of His Contract

you're joking right? Grundy's contract is a major reason his 'mates' aren't here anymore. kinda ridiculous for him then to crack the sads (again) if they get pushed out by his contract.

Nice to see, time to ditch the books for a premiership Brodie
Hopefully the scientists can work out what the * was wrong with Brodie last season when he was hobbling around like a crippled soldier crab but apparently uninjured.

If he did have an injury (I think he did), you can't criticise not resting him without knowing what that injury was and if resting him would have made a difference.
Very true, it could have been an injury that he was able to play with but might have taken 6 or more weeks to get right.
At a guess I would think a groin or hip injury, he looked slow and did not run on top of the ground all year, there was definitely something wrong.

On his 2020 form he’d be lucky to get 3 years @ 500k but instead we’ve got him for the next 7 for $7 million...

Is any ruckman worth that sort of money?
This is the stupidest argument. How many times have idiots said we can’t win a flag because of Grundy’s contract. Yet the Eagles won in 2018 with Nic Nat on a million a year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ill fire up the DeLorean and let you know in 6 years
You’ll have to wait until I return it. I’m currently in the year 2010. It’s 2pm on Saturday 2nd October. I’ve consumed a number of cold beers and am about to enter the MCG.

Wish me luck.

This is the stupidest argument. How many times have idiots said we can’t win a flag because of Grundy’s contract. Yet the Eagles won in 2018 with Nic Nat on a million a year

Yeah notice how the Eagles won the premiership without Nic Nat as well and Collingwood had their $7 million hack playing...

West Coast also had 2 very good key forwards, tell us how we’ll recruit any key forwards with that much tied up in a player who won’t win us a flag.

Yeah notice how the Eagles won the premiership without Nic Nat as well and Collingwood had their $7 million hack playing...

West Coast also had 2 very good key forwards, tell us how we’ll recruit any key forwards with that much tied up in a player who won’t win us a flag.
God you're *ing ridiculous

Same way west coast did draft talls or trade something of value for them

Grundy a hack, well that’s a new low, even for you.
I believe at the time he was not on that money then, and it only started this year.
Of all the players to pick on, it should not be Grundy.

On his 2020 form he’d be lucky to get 3 years @ 500k but instead we’ve got him for the next 7 for $7 million...

Is any ruckman worth that sort of money?
From my perspective, Grundy, Nicnat and Gawn have a much bigger influence on games of footy than any key forward in the league, so yes if the best key forwards are considered worth close to that sort of money - the best ruckmen are worth more.

how many times do you want to bring up the same BS about Grundy.

I’ll take Mathews view in 2019, that Grundy was the most important player in the game which was when he signed the deal.

how many times do you want to bring up the same BS about Grundy.

I’ll take Mathews view in 2019, that Grundy was the most important player in the game which was when he signed the deal.

Now he hasn’t even started his contract and he was one of the worst in the league in 2020.

But that’s alright cos the SuperCoach stat lovers generation can get excited because he got 50 hitouts v some second rate ruckman and forget Collingwood lost the game as his 50 hitouts went to the opposition

From my perspective, Grundy, Nicnat and Gawn have a much bigger influence on games of footy than any key forward in the league, so yes if the best key forwards are considered worth close to that sort of money - the best ruckmen are worth more.

The same Max Gawn who Melbourne rested v Collingwood and their second stringers smashed Grundy?

Funny how the ruck men in the last few premiership teams don’t get a mention. Yeah clearly ruckman have had far greater influences than their key forwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back