Teams New Orleans Saints - The Who Dats

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints signed LB Andrew Dowell, DT Ryan Glasgow, TE Garrett Griffin, DB Grant Haley, LB Chase Hansen, WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey, RB Tony Jones, WR Jake Lampman, LB Wynton McManis, DT Christian Ringo, QB Trevor Siemian, T Calvin Throckmorton, DE Marcus Willoughby, and TE Ethan Wolf to a futures/reserve contract.
Humphrey was in the rotation late in the season when Michael Thomas was on injured reserve, but he didn't do much with the opportunity. He had three receptions all year. The Saints offense will look drastically different without Drew Brees in 2021. It seems as if Marquez Callaway is the best no-name dart throw among the New Orleans' receivers.
SOURCE: Amie Just on Twitter
Jan 20, 2021, 6:22 PM ET

Wait there is a player called "Lil" Jordan Humphrey? 😂

The Athletic's Larry Holder said Jameis Winston is likely to be the Saints' starter in 2021.
"If I were a Saints fan," Holder said, "I’d prepare for Winston to win the starting job and become the heir apparent to Brees." It's a bold take after head coach Sean Payton chose Taysom Hill as the Saints' starter when Drew Brees was sidelined with a serious rib injury. Holder said the Saints would be better off with Winston over Matthew Stafford -- who will probably be traded in the coming weeks -- and that Winston's football IQ is "off the charts." He added that Payton can "coach the interceptions" out of Winston, who went 6-for-10 for 63 yards in Week 10 against the 49ers after Brees suffered broken ribs. Fantasy valuation of Alvin Kamara, Michael Thomas, and the rest of the Saints will hinge on whether Winston or Hill wins the starting job. The team would first have to sign Winston, an unrestricted free agent.
RELATED:
SOURCE: The Athletic
Jan 28, 2021, 4:25 PM ET

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Saints are facing "the biggest discipline yet" after the NFL discovered more COVID protocol violations.
Alvin Kamara and nearly the entirety of New Orleans' running backs room missed the team's Week 17 game after either testing positive or being deemed a close contact following an interaction in the facility with a person not employed by the club — a violation that has reportedly been captured on film and obtained by the league's offices. The organization was already fined $250,000, not to mention coach Sean Payton being fined an additional $100,000, for failing to properly wear face coverings in Week 2, and again fined $500,000 and stripped of a seventh-round pick for a maskless celebration following its Week 9 win. Discipline could be reduced but will likely result in the loss of multiple draft picks and an even larger fine once all is said and done.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Feb 6, 2021, 7:18 PM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Duncan reports Alvin Kamara "refused to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches."
Per Duncan, it was "an internal issue all season." It meant the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts when he tested positive for COVID-19 in Week 17. Already fined nearly $1 million for various COVID violations this season, the Saints are under yet another investigation. This one could come with heavy discipline, including the loss of a legit draft pick.
SOURCE: Jeff Duncan on Twitter
Feb 6, 2021, 9:08 PM ET

The Athletic's Jeff Duncan reports Alvin Kamara "refused to wear the contract tracing device issued by the NFL and mandated for all players and coaches."
Per Duncan, it was "an internal issue all season." It meant the league had no way to trace Kamara's close contacts when he tested positive for COVID-19 in Week 17. Already fined nearly $1 million for various COVID violations this season, the Saints are under yet another investigation. This one could come with heavy discipline, including the loss of a legit draft pick.
SOURCE: Jeff Duncan on Twitter
Feb 6, 2021, 9:08 PM ET
How is this only coming out now. the NFL should of suspended players for this s**t. and they still bent to the Saints by giving them the Sunday playoff game so he could get back in time.

How is this only coming out now. the NFL should of suspended players for this sh*t. and they still bent to the Saints by giving them the Sunday playoff game so he could get back in time.

Gotta make sure Kamara plays for TV views. Thats why.

The NFL is as big of a joke as it covid policies.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Saints are facing "the biggest discipline yet" after the NFL discovered more COVID protocol violations.
Alvin Kamara and nearly the entirety of New Orleans' running backs room missed the team's Week 17 game after either testing positive or being deemed a close contact following an interaction in the facility with a person not employed by the club — a violation that has reportedly been captured on film and obtained by the league's offices. The organization was already fined $250,000, not to mention coach Sean Payton being fined an additional $100,000, for failing to properly wear face coverings in Week 2, and again fined $500,000 and stripped of a seventh-round pick for a maskless celebration following its Week 9 win. Discipline could be reduced but will likely result in the loss of multiple draft picks and an even larger fine once all is said and done.
SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter
Feb 6, 2021, 7:18 PM ET
Did any of the other myriad of maskless locker room celebrations get punished?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports Saints head coach Sean Payton will create an offense that would work with Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill, "with tweaks to highlight each guy’s talents."

“None of this is laminated,” Payton said when asked about his post-Brees plans for the New Orleans offense. “You’re moving in with plans, you’re moving in with featured groupings of plays, personnel groupings, and yet there’s always some adaptability to what you’re doing. And that can be week-to-week also, throughout the season.” It doesn't take much reading into Payton's comments to wonder if the team plans to rotate quarterbacks in 2021, perhaps using both Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill through stretches of the same game. If Payton lands on Winston as the Week 1 starter, fantasy players should expect Hill to maintain his role as utility player and potential goal line weapon. That would destroy Winston's fantasy upside. The Saints' QB situation shapes up to be a waking nightmare for fantasy managers this summer.
RELATED:
SOURCE: SI.com
Apr 5, 2021, 9:27 AM ET

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about college football to know who or why we should get someone, but an edge rusher (unless we can count of CGJ being that man) or a good pass rusher would have to be up there. I'd love another good corner to help out Latti aswell, and of course some interior players to fill out what we lost.
Not sure about worrying about a QB, IMO we have a quality QB in Winston, and a really really good backup/Mr Fix it with Taysom anyway, and with an offense that still has elite quality I think we'll be fine on that side of the ball.

I'll be honest, I don't know enough about college football to know who or why we should get someone, but an edge rusher (unless we can count of CGJ being that man) or a good pass rusher would have to be up there. I'd love another good corner to help out Latti aswell, and of course some interior players to fill out what we lost.
Not sure about worrying about a QB, IMO we have a quality QB in Winston, and a really really good backup/Mr Fix it with Taysom anyway, and with an offense that still has elite quality I think we'll be fine on that side of the ball.
Track watchers are reporting that Hill is only doing QB reps instead of his usual 2/3 positional reps.

Track watchers are reporting that Hill is only doing QB reps instead of his usual 2/3 positional reps.

I've heard that, obviously Sean and the rest of the coaches aren't 100% sure Winston can do it, OR enjoy the competition having both.
Personally both as QB is a good setup, so long as you use Winston as the main QB and Taysom in for the gadget players/crucial 4th downs/thin out the secondary.
I don't see Taysom having the potential to be a SB QB, Winston can though.

Don't love the pick today. Would have preferred to move up for a CB or drafting a WR. Outside of Thomas we need another threat to help Jameis this season.
We've also had a perennially bad secondary so anyone their would have helped. The D-Line is one of our strengths but who knows, maybe he'll be a beast!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back