hcd199

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Waterford GAA, Glenorchy, Hob (BBL)
We seem to be struggling to counter their ball movement as much as we should - increasingly as the game's gone on, they've been able to engineer loose players to handball or kick short to, and in trying to cover that we seem to play into their hands; thought it happened a couple of times in the second quarter. Kearney and Bruton seemingly everywhere at the moment and keeping us in it, but we need to lift, maybe maintain possession for a bit to control the flow of play a bit more.

That was the worst quarter of football I’ve seen from our girls in a long time. Credit to the Saints. Indiscriminate kicking, chasing the ball and letting the Saints dictate the tempo. It will be interesting to see if the Saints can keep this level of pressure up for the duration or if they will begin to tire and can wrestle back control.

nj23

Senior List
Jan 24, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That was the worst quarter of football I’ve seen from our girls in a long time. Credit to the Saints. Indiscriminate kicking, chasing the ball and letting the Saints dictate the tempo. It will be interesting to see if the Saints can keep this level of pressure up for the duration or if they will begin to tire and can wrestle back control.
Hard to tell on the tv for me but assume our structure ahead of the saints’ ball falling to bits, we seemed to be constantly chasing. Reminded me of the men’s team.

No COVID restrictions on ridiculously loud PA systems it would seem.
Yea, keep telling us to social distance then blasting speakers no one wants to be near, also not my kind of music to say the least.

Hard to tell on the tv for me but assume our structure ahead of the saints’ ball falling to bits, we seemed to be constantly chasing. Reminded me of the men’s team.
In the first quarter when the Saints were kicking our defensive wall worked a treat, but in the second half they handballed more and was able to get the ball behind our wall.

So have we
Credit to the Saints, they are hunting in packs and applying a lot of pressure. We haven’t handled it well but have still found a way to open a lead and should win from here.

Back