Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Wow, did Grundy sh*t on your doorstep or something? He was down last year but 2019 was phenomenal

Funny that, contract up for renewal plays above himself, set up for the next 8 years, plays completely s**t...

Fact is we’ve blown our cap securing a player who won’t win the club a premiership and condemned our next coach to 6 years of failure.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Funny that, contract up for renewal plays above himself, set up for the next 8 years, plays completely sh*t...

Fact is we’ve blown our cap securing a player who won’t win the club a premiership and condemned our next coach to 6 years of failure.
Yeah just delist him and cop the hit I reckon. 🤦🏼‍♂️

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Now he hasn’t even started his contract and he was one of the worst in the league in 2020.

But that’s alright cos the SuperCoach stat lovers generation can get excited because he got 50 hitouts v some second rate ruckman and forget Collingwood lost the game as his 50 hitouts went to the opposition

LOL, worst in the league.... you’re a funny guy.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I love Grundy the bloke talking jazz clearly a trouble maker/troll

However would we of been just as good over the years with a cheaper Jarrod Witts ?

jonmacTrag

Premiership Player
May 27, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
how many times do you want to bring up the same BS about Grundy.

I’ll take Mathews view in 2019, that Grundy was the most important player in the game which was when he signed the deal.
He is exactly the same over on Nicks just a waste of oxygen.

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
On that, (oxymoronic) note it’s time to give it a rest please.
Why?
You a poster or a mod with that statement?
I don’t have to agree with him, but I don’t want him censored just because you don’t agree with him.

Maybe you need to put the mod hat on and have words with the bullying circle that is emerging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Grundy the bloke talking jazz clearly a trouble maker/troll

However would we of been just as good over the years with a cheaper Jarrod Witts ?

Probably not as be Rucking lot less

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
And the 3 best mids - Fyfe Neale and Martin, only one of them has won a premiership.

Clearly midfielders aren't that important either.

Jack Riewoldt, 3 Coleman Medals, 3 Premierships
Josh Kennedy, 2 Coleman Medals, 1 Premiership
Lance Franklin, 3 Coleman Medals, 2 Premierships

Yet we decided to blow our cap on a ruckman instead of chasing the 2019 Coleman Medalist...

Who was the last Premiership team to win one without a key forward?

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Make some People look really Stupid
Dave, the day he hits a Collingwood player with more than 50% of taps that he wins, I think it’s currently at 0%, then I will think of him as a ruckman.
His constant tap wins that go to the opposition, in truth even those aren’t big percentages because the majority of his taps go to his feet, frustrate the crap out of me.
Someone asked if we would have saved a bundle, yet still had a serviceable ruckman had we retained Witts, I would have to say yes. Witts is a pretty good ruck, handy below his knees, handy around the ground, and as an AFL Captain, a leader.
I bet he’s on half of what Grundy is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back