24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Just listened to the Unpluggered podcast with Chris Toce from our recruitment dept.

Interesting on how he scouted Tom Highmore from SA and his thoughts on keeping this years first round dp.

Reckoned there are many potentials not drafted due to covid. Said Coff would not have been drafted last year as he really needed his u 18's year to develop. Went top 10.
So maybe they are looking at a 19 year old who couldn't develop in 2020.

Just listened to the Unpluggered podcast with Chris Toce from our recruitment dept.

Interesting on how he scouted Tom Highmore from SA and his thoughts on keeping this years first round dp.

Reckoned there are many potentials not drafted due to covid. Said Coff would not have been drafted last year as he really needed his u 18's year to develop. Went top 10.
So maybe they are looking at a 19 year old who couldn't develop in 2020.
Reckon there will be a few clubs paying some close attention to the 19yo's. Think the U18 comp is having a few extra top agers this year too?
Then you have the VFL comp which is seemingly being filled with U24 players.

Could be an interesting draft this year.

Had a family dinner yesterday for a birthday, neice and her squeeze (the one in player management) showed up and after a few beers got chatting about about the state of play at the saints.

The Saints are heavily into young, highly rated tall defender, Fisher McAsey. But also are actively looking for another one as well. There has also been murmurings of a ruckman currently represented by Mac Sports that is being courted in a serious way, but have been told to see how everything is going by mid season to ramp up talks.
Reckons we are right in the frame to pick up a serious player or two in the coming years if we keep going as we are.

Seb Ross has been asked the question of by another Melbourne team, he said possible family ties, so can only assume it's essendon. But nothing fully serious there yet.

As I said after trade period, the Saints are turning heads in a serious way. Reckons there is a seriously good culture being bred at Moorabbin and it's turning the heads of alot of players as the group is seemingly going places.

Also asked about Ben King. "Not this year" was the response.....with a smirk

Had a family dinner yesterday for a birthday, neice and her squeeze (the one in player management) showed up and after a few beers got chatting about about the state of play at the saints.

The Saints are heavily into young, highly rated tall defender, Fisher McAsey. But also are actively looking for another one as well. There has also been murmurings of a ruckman currently represented by Mac Sports that is being courted in a serious way, but have been told to see how everything is going by mid season to ramp up talks.
Reckons we are right in the frame to pick up a serious player or two in the coming years if we keep going as we are.

Seb Ross has been asked the question of by another Melbourne team, he said possible family ties, so can only assume it's essendon. But nothing fully serious there yet.

As I said after trade period, the Saints are turning heads in a serious way. Reckons there is a seriously good culture being bred at Moorabbin and it's turning the heads of alot of players as the group is seemingly going places.
Macs Sports - interesting.

As I said - first priority for us should be a replacement for Ryder.

I was meant to come in here and ask this Question whatever happened to our interest in Jack Lonie. Me personally I think it was the media making things up because coming up to trade week I read we were interested then come trade week rumour want cold as ice

Last edited:
I know the majority of posters are keen on Ben King, who was a St.Kilda Supporter as a kid, and his twin is playing for us, but has any consideration been given to trying to recruit Noah Anderson from G.C instead? Taken with Pick 2 in 2019, behind Rowell, Noah.s dad played over 60 games for us, is or was on our board, and he is a mid, which would suit us down to the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree but would you pay the asking price of 2 firsts? (Maybe with a 2nd back).

He's contracted until the end of next year
I wouldn't know what the club thinks, but I could only assume that the asking price this year (two good 1st rounders) was purely because:
1) The club was caught off guard and had no time to prepare suitable replacements / trade targets
2) We had JUH coming, so random 2020 1st rounders just wouldn't cut it due to them being swallowed by a bid regardless
3) He was contracted for 2 more years

If another trade request were to occur, I would assume that not only would Dunks flag his intentions earlier, but he'd be in a position where he only has the single year left. Sam Power played extreme hardball with the drug cheats because ultimately we had no incentive to let Dunks go, especially when he still had multiple years left on a contract that is supposedly very cheap relative to the quality of player he is. The trade cost in 2021 would be lower than 2020, that I'm sure of.

Would the Saints really want Dunks though, given they just took Crouch? I feel there's other clubs that he'd suit better (Richmond, Essendon, Geelong) given the type they need to recruit for their midfields, but you'd know better than I would

I wouldn't know what the club thinks, but I could only assume that the asking price this year (two good 1st rounders) was purely because:
1) The club was caught off guard and had no time to prepare suitable replacements / trade targets
2) We had JUH coming, so random 2020 1st rounders just wouldn't cut it due to them being swallowed by a bid regardless
3) He was contracted for 2 more years

If another trade request were to occur, I would assume that not only would Dunks flag his intentions earlier, but he'd be in a position where he only has the single year left. Sam Power played extreme hardball with the drug cheats because ultimately we had no incentive to let Dunks go, especially when he still had multiple years left on a contract that is supposedly very cheap relative to the quality of player he is. The trade cost in 2021 would be lower than 2020, that I'm sure of.

Would the Saints really want Dunks though, given they just took Crouch? I feel there's other clubs that he'd suit better (Richmond, Essendon, Geelong) given the type they need to recruit for their midfields, but you'd know better than I would

You are right that our interest in dunkley is highly dependant on how well crouch goes this year.

Though even with the addition of crouch our midfield quality is still well behind the likes of your boys, tigers, pies, cats.

It appears we would still have the coin to chase another gun mid- so I'd expect we'd be trying to land whoever we can out of merrett, kelly, taranto, dunkley etc.

If that meant a guy like crouch (in only average form) was potentially bumped down to the VFL for some or all the season as depth, so be it.
He's not on massive coin and would be fantastic depth.

Plus we have hanneburys spot pretty much available for most of the year due to injury.

Whilst I think Dunkley is a very good player, I don't think he is the type we'd be chasing.

He's very similar to what we have in Steele and Crouch. Then there's Clark as an up and coming inside mid as well as Bytel.

He's a good ball winner but not a lot of speed and an average ball user.

I think we need to be targetting mids with a turn of pace and class if we are going to be giving up a premium price.

Looking at tall's available next year McKay is un-contracted , might cost a bit trade wise but could be used as a ruck or forward , as a 23yr old and 204cm he would be a perfect replacement for Ryder knowing Paddy is in the twlight of his career.
no doubt the recruiters would be looking at securing Ben King but if we can't get him , McKay would be a good option.

Looking at tall's available next year McKay is un-contracted , might cost a bit trade wise but could be used as a ruck or forward , as a 23yr old and 204cm he would be a perfect replacement for Ryder knowing Paddy is in the twlight of his career.
no doubt the recruiters would be looking at securing Ben King but if we can't get him , McKay would be a good option.

Which one?

Adam Cerra would be the perfect addition to our midfield group.

Class, versatility, youth.

Cerra, Clark, Bytel and Byrnes would be a very good mix of young mids with Jack Steele leading them.

Adam Cerra would be the perfect addition to our midfield group.

Class, versatility, youth.

Cerra, Clark, Bytel and Byrnes would be a very good mix of young mids with Jack Steele leading them.
Freo will get desperate and will be willing to pay way above market rate to keep him.

Will be interesting to see if cerras lure of home will override the love for $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back