Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
If a coach makes an argument which is compelling enough that it has the recruiter overriding his own talent order, do we really blame the coach for having an opinion or do we blame the recruiter for getting sucked into the argument? Ultimately Hamish was the one with the authority to make the call so surely he is one who's ultimately accountable*.

(* Unless our managment was so ass backward that it actually allowed Pyke to override the recruiters unilaterally)

Pyke had no ability, no authority to overrule anyone in the completely separate recruitment team.

this is deliberate and by design to ensure that a coach with short termism didn’t dominate the long term view the recruiters are charged with

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's unfortunately not a good angle, but you do not make this play if you do not have a football brain. You run into a tackle.

Galluccis issues were two-fold. He was around at the wrong time, with the most important parts of his career coinciding when everything at the club was imploding, to the point his axing in 2019 was up there with one of the more disgusting acts of a group of coaches desperately trying to save their jobs. The other one was Jordon was a bit of cruiser at the end of the day, noting he copped that spray about him slacking off at training a few weeks prior to the Achillies snap.

(and yeah, the Achillies snap didn't help either).

Disagree, even the most incapable footballer can have the odd good moment. For someone you claim to have what it takes Gooch didn't have enough of those moments to convince me otherwise especially given he had the athletic traits to make it happen. Seems the rest of the AFL world agrees with me hence he hasn't been picked up by another team. Where does Williamstown rank? Even Crocker got Blues reserves.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
2019 was a killer for him as we threw everything on the senior players in a desperate attempt to make the finals and all priority, even in the SANFL, went to getting senior guys back into the squad.

Then the Achilles injury wrecked any chance he had under Nicks to show he could potentially make an impact.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pyke had no ability, no authority to overrule anyone in the completely separate recruitment team.

this is deliberate and by design to ensure that a coach with short termism didn’t dominate the long term view the recruiters are charged with

Short-termism is one of the sides on our cojoined triangles of success though.

Disagree, even the most incapable footballer can have the odd good moment. For someone you claim to have what it takes Gooch didn't have enough of those moments to convince me otherwise especially given he had the athletic traits to make it happen. Seems the rest of the AFL world agrees with me hence he hasn't been picked up by another team. Where does Williamstown rank? Even Crocker got Blues reserves.

There is a key difference between the odd good moment and having a football brain. A play like that from Gooch requires a good football brain because you need to be able to pick up the ball at speed, see someone at an awkward angle and pull off a pass moments before you get tackled. The degree of difficulty is far higher then the scrub has a good moment play where the world has conspired to see them do well (I.e. everytime Mackay has ran enough steps to be required to bounce the ball).

There is a serious amount of overrating your position by using the argument of saying that the football world agreed with you. After all, we are talking about someone who snapped their Achillies in his last season on a list. A noted career limiting (if not killing) injury. It doesn't matter if you think Gooch is a scrub or the second coming of Gary Ablett Jnr prior once that happens, no club is taking that risk, especially with lowered list sizes.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is a key difference between the odd good moment and having a football brain. A play like that from Gooch requires a good football brain because you need to be able to pick up the ball at speed, see someone at an awkward angle and pull off a pass moments before you get tackled. The degree of difficulty is far higher then the scrub has a good moment play where the world has conspired to see them do well (I.e. everytime Mackay has ran enough steps to be required to bounce the ball).

There is a serious amount of overrating your position by using the argument of saying that the football world agreed with you. After all, we are talking about someone who snapped their Achillies in his last season on a list. A noted career limiting (if not killing) injury. It doesn't matter if you think Gooch is a scrub or the second coming of Gary Ablett Jnr prior once that happens, no club is taking that risk, especially with lowered list sizes.

The Achilles is just a convenient excuse. If he's as good as you say he is he would be worth the risk given he would be a complete free hit with the only cost being a list spot. 18 AFL club list managers agree with me.

People keep alluding to his 'lack of committment' as his major problem. I'm sure this is a problem but if he was good wouldn't he still be influencing games in the first quarter when he's full of energy. Shouldn't he still be ripping sanfl games apart? If he only runs one way shouldn't he be kicking snags? He isnt doing any of those things not because of lack of commitment but rather lack of ability. Your evidence of his ability is resting on one gif right now. The facts tell an entirely different story.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Achilles is just a convenient excuse. If he's as good as you say he is he would be worth the risk given he would be a complete free hit with the only cost being a list spot. 18 AFL club list managers agree with me.

People keep alluding to his 'lack of committment' as his major problem. I'm sure this is a problem but if he was good wouldn't he still be influencing games in the first quarter when he's full of energy. Shouldn't he still be ripping sanfl games apart? If he only runs one way shouldn't he be kicking snags? He isnt doing any of those things not because of lack of commitment but rather lack of ability. Your evidence of his ability is resting on one gif right now. The facts tell an entirely different story.

I'm now entirely convinced that you have never watched a single game of Gallucci's or have an understanding of the Achilles tendon.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm now entirely convinced that you have never watched a single game of Gallucci's or have an understanding of the Achilles tendon.

I don't watch SANFL I have never denied this. But it didn't sounds like he was setting the world on fire. I've seen Gooch at the highest level along with 18 AFL clubs and we've all decided to take a pass. You're welcome to disagree with us but don't pretend you're not the one with a minority opinion in this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Would be a good fit at Richmond

And Classic Crows if we delist him and he succeeds there
And he will.

If they can make Jason Castagna a good player then Gooch will be fine.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Nicks didn't rate him, Pyke didn't rate him, neither did for whatever reasons so there was no point keeping him. Pedlar and Berry both shape as genuine midfielders...
Might be right, but if he goes to Richmond and wins a flag we'll look a little silly

Might be right, but if he goes to Richmond and wins a flag we'll look a little silly
He may not be a flag winner but at the very least he's good, cheap, free depth

Still filthy we delisted him and kept Mackay

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
IF being the operative word.

We've moved on to Pedlar and Berry as better prospects going forward. We needed genuine mids and that's not Gallucci.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He may not be a flag winner but at the very least he's good, cheap, free depth

Still filthy we delisted him and kept Mackay
That was the most puzzling one for mine.

I mean he couldn't show his wares this year so he was always in trouble but I'd have kept him.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
IF being the operative word.

We've moved on to Pedlar and Berry as better prospects going forward. We needed genuine mids and that's not Gallucci.
I'm fine with those 2 absolutely, but there's plenty of talent in Gallucci

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
That was the most puzzling one for mine.

I mean he couldn't show his wares this year so he was always in trouble but I'd have kept him.
He was gone as soon as Godden gave him a public lambasting....Godden wouldn't have done that off his own bat, he was but the messenger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back