Toast Jamarra Ugle-Hagan - Welcome to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the more flagrant club height inflations I've seen in a while considering he was reliably measured at 195cm three months ago.
There's every chance it's something like him being around the 195.4cm mark (so rounded down to 195) then grew to 196.6cm. Only 1.2cm of growth in 3 months, which is a lot but not entirely uncommon for kids his age. They may also just be using different equipment/standards for measuring. I've found my own height to vary by ~2cm when using different machines to measure

It’s crazy that he’s grown that much in three months. Now that he’s 197cms and possibly still growing. To go along with being 90+ kgs at 18. And a crazy wingspan, vertical and speed off the mark. He’s probably just a touch below the king twins as the prototype modern day key position forward. And that’s only because they are 202 cms. Would you agree ?
By next week he might be 202cm at this rate. :rainbow:

In all seriousness, I just don't follow the draft enough anymore to have seen that much of him. From what I have seen he certainly does have a lot of the attributes of a dominant, modern key forward, with one notable exception: most of the better key forwards in the league are very highly regarded set shots. JUH doesn't quite have that reputation and will need to build on that.

There's every chance it's something like him being around the 195.4cm mark (so rounded down to 195) then grew to 196.6cm. Only 1.2cm of growth in 3 months, which is a lot but not entirely uncommon for kids his age. They may also just be using different equipment/standards for measuring. I've found my own height to vary by ~2cm when using different machines to measure
Height naturally varies by approximately 1cm throughout the day. The spine tends to compress throughout the day and decompress as we sleep.

huge leap already, he doesnt need the extra height and weight that comes with it to slow him down.

I was talking to my wife's boyfriend about this the other day. He reckons that in the modern game agile talls will be the most dominant. Being able to launch at the footy and remain dangerous when the ball is on the deck makes you a lot harder to shut down.

I was talking to my wife's boyfriend about this the other day. He reckons that in the modern game agile talls will be the most dominant. Being able to launch at the footy and remain dangerous when the ball is on the deck makes you a lot harder to shut down.
Thanks for the chat.

Probably just variance in measuring at different times, combined with different times of the day.

In any, case, wingspan does make some of a difference (whilst not as much as say the NBA as you're not as fully extended as often, but still some difference).

It's nowhere near as funny as the NBA, of which there are plenty of point guards who add an inch or two (and another when measuring in shoes) to increase their chances of being drafted. On the flipside, it's pretty well known that Durant and Garnett are genuine seven-footers who claim not to be so they've been able to play in smaller positions through their careers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His measurements are going up and down

he was listed at 96kg after draft combine and now listed at 91kg

Height listed between 194cm - 197cm
Weight listed between 90kg - 96kg

He did pile on significant weight this year but maybe the club have made him lose a bit. It significantly impacted some of his combine results, specifically his leap.

The Dogs made him wear diving weights at the combine. Otherwise he'd have leapt clean out of the stadium when doing the running jump test. No need to go doing that young fella.

Unfortunately that meant his weight came in a bit over the odds.

I take it this was in response to a now deleted post that made absolutely no sense?

I do think and agree with a few people that we are definitely protecting him media-wise and not wanting to overhype him, not much reported on or photos/videos when it comes to JUH. I can’t see him playing early on in the season, at least until we have got a forward line functioning where he can slot in instead of messing around whilst he’s also finding his feet again. Essentially missing a whole year of footy shouldn’t be underestimated for this years draft crop

I take it this was in response to a now deleted post that made absolutely no sense?

I do think and agree with a few people that we are definitely protecting him media-wise and not wanting to overhype him, not much reported on or photos/videos when it comes to JUH. I can’t see him playing early on in the season, at least until we have got a forward line functioning where he can slot in instead of messing around whilst he’s also finding his feet again. Essentially missing a whole year of footy shouldn’t be underestimated for this years draft crop
Expect him to play a lot of VFL (as long as it goes ahead without any interruptions). When he starts to dominate he can push for selection in the ones.

What'd he say hahahahaha
He's a pretty loose character, seen him on the piss on Chapel a few times this summer

Yeah it was a strange post.

Agree that Ugle-Hagan is unlikely to feature until we hit a few injuries. Praying it's up forward though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back